Forfar v Clyde - Boxing Day

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking of booking a pub for our bus next monday. Looking for some local recommendations preferably with Sky Tv. Jukebox. Pool table n so on.....
Going to be a long day, Need some home comforts[emoji106]

Bar central. Would say the plough but unsure if they have Sky in

40 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Bar central. Would say the plough but unsure if they have Sky in

They don't. The Plough is primarily a restaurant these days. As for Bar Central, the regular attendance on Saturday lunchtime is between one person and nobody, so you'll have the place to yourselves.

9 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Not been in forfar since the day Balfour saved a pen and Aly Graham lobbed their keeper with 5min to go.#Scenes....

Commercial closed i take it,
What about the stags that still on go & there was another smallish pub within 10min walk to ground near a hotel....

oooh, you are a bit out of date, bud! The Commercial closed (sadly) a few years back, and is now an architect's, or something. The Stag has gone all posh and does not encourage football fans at all. Indeed, it does not encourage punters of any description! You are probably thinking about the Caledonian, which is a couple of minutes from the ground, and is alive and well. The Plough is still an excellent place to go, but you will be put into the function suite if there is any number of you, ,cos, as I said, the bar is primarily a 'bistro' as the boss puts it these days. Still an excellent pint, though. The next bar is Bar Central, but it's a bit away, and, frankly, that's up to yourselves. After that, you are on the Street, and there are quite a few to choose from, but they are about 15 mins from the ground. OK. Hope that helps.

oooh, you are a bit out of date, bud! The Commercial closed (sadly) a few years back, and is now an architect's, or something. The Stag has gone all posh and does not encourage football fans at all. Indeed, it does not encourage punters of any description! You are probably thinking about the Caledonian, which is a couple of minutes from the ground, and is alive and well. The Plough is still an excellent place to go, but you will be put into the function suite if there is any number of you, ,cos, as I said, the bar is primarily a 'bistro' as the boss puts it these days. Still an excellent pint, though. The next bar is Bar Central, but it's a bit away, and, frankly, that's up to yourselves. After that, you are on the Street, and there are quite a few to choose from, but they are about 15 mins from the ground. OK. Hope that helps.

Bar central is about 5-10 minute walk from station park? As is any pub in forfar

I went up to Forfar not that long ago to see Forfar play Peterhead and Forfar  won! Dick Campbell was the loons manager @ that time! Ps: I think Forfar are a very good team and if Clyde give them chances then Forfar'll rip Clyde apart! Ps: Do any Clyde fans remember  Barry Sellars ? Because I was speaking to him Last Saturday inside Broadwood!  

I went up to Forfar not that long ago to see Forfar play Peterhead and Forfar  won! Dick Campbell was the loons manager @ that time! Ps: I think Forfar are a very good team and if Clyde give them chances then Forfar'll rip Clyde apart! Ps: Do any Clyde fans remember  Barry Sellars ? Because I was speaking to him Last Saturday inside Broadwood!  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scottish_cup/1779998.stm

The attendance 3 times the gate of our game on Saturday there. Actually upsetting stuff :-( 

That is bad but no suprise. Walked down hill on sat and felt like i was walking to a reserve game on a monday night , We have no home advantage what so ever with such a small crowd in such a big stadium for our level, Time to get out..!!!

Watching clyde away from home has now turned into a good pub guide ha ha
totally understandable 1 goal from open play in last 5 away games I Personally would go for the best pub that is furthest from the ground that way come 2 50 on Monday there is every possibility of not going to game and extending the pool tournament :) safe journey to all the guys heading up on Monday enjoy the day out

That is bad but no suprise. Walked down hill on sat and felt like i was walking to a reserve game on a monday night , We have no home advantage what so ever with such a small crowd in such a big stadium for our level, Time to get out..!!!

No crowds now I wonder why. Lets get out of Broadwood again and play at a fooking junior ground. That would suit you

Archived