2012/2013

SCOTTISH PREMIER Sa 09Mar 2013   St Mirren 0 - 0 Dundee Utd

SCOTTISH PREMIER Su 30Dec 2012   Dundee Utd 3 - 4 St Mirren

SCOTTISH PREMIER Sa 27Oct 2012   St Mirren 0 - 1 Dundee Utd

2011/2012

SCOTTISH PREMIER Sa 18Feb 2012   Dundee Utd 0 - 0 St Mirren

SCOTTISH PREMIER We 28Dec 2011   St Mirren 2 - 2 Dundee Utd

SCOTTISH PREMIER Sa 06Aug 2011   Dundee Utd 1 - 1 St Mirren

Our last few festive period games against United makes for good reading. The 4-3 game was a belter. The 4-1 game shouldn't have stood because Goodwin lamped Armstrong with a shocking elbow about 5 minutes in, at the time he was getting dogs abuse for 'faking it'. It was our youngsters to shine that day even though that was United's golden period of playing orgasmic fitba.

"Much improved" :lol:

Just slithered to a draw at home to the second worst team in the division who were reduced to ten men :lol:

Much improved indeed :lol:

A thumping 5-0 home win in this game would be gratefully appreciated.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

"Much improved" :lol:

Just slithered to a draw at home to the second worst team in the division who were reduced to ten men :lol:

Much improved indeed :lol:

A thumping 5-0 home win in this game would be gratefully appreciated.

My glass is half full mate 3 games undefeated along with performances . 

Should be a routine win for United. If we are going to have any chance we need to get Sutton back in the 11 and punt long balls to him all afternoon. I suspect we won't and we will lose 3-1.

Oh and hats off to any die hard buds heading all the way up there on Christmas Eve in that weather.

Sutton isn't great when punting long balls in his direction.

Far more of a goal scoring threat when balls are crossed in/cut back from the wing.

Fortunately both Morgan and McAllister are playing very well at present and are more than capable of getting the ball into the box to get the best out of Sutton.

Having said that, I don't think our defence can cope with the sustained pressure that united will exert.

2-1 or 2-0 United.

Would not start with Sutton - he is as mobile as Paisley Town Hall and is hopeless at holding the ball up. By all means if we are dominating a game and looking for a winner but in this game, to start with at least, we need someone who can keep running up front which means either Shankland or Hardie. Shankland was poor last week although good the week before. Hardie has done little for us in 5 months but looked sharp last week when he came on and should have scored with a rocket shot that was tipped on to the bar. Possibly Hardie for me.

Sutton isn't great when punting long balls in his direction.
Far more of a goal scoring threat when balls are crossed in/cut back from the wing.
Fortunately both Morgan and McAllister are playing very well at present and are more than capable of getting the ball into the box to get the best out of Sutton.
Having said that, I don't think our defence can cope with the sustained pressure that united will exert.
2-1 or 2-0 United.

Sutton's been good with flick ons and hold up any time I've seen him this season. It Mallan/Morgan/McAllister can get close to him to get the second balls they are all capable of scoring, as we have seen.

I suspect he will start with Shankland again though.

Archived