Trevors v Maureens - The Day Before Christmas

Hoping that Van der Struijk is back for this, failing which my elder son suggested to me that we should play Spittal; given the options available that may be our best bet.  Maybe even 5-1-3-1 giving Spittal and Robson more licence to go forward.

We have other options in attacking midfield, I'd bring in Smith ahead of VdV and I'd lock Obadeyi in a cupboard.

Murray must start and we should be trying to go a couple of goals ahead before the break as I'm not sure he can keep his level of running up for a full 90 minutes.

Another clean sheet would be nice.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shull said:

We can beat the Arabs.

We had an outstanding victory on Christmas Eve a few years ago.

We can do it again at Tannadice.

DUFC 0 SMFC 2

Crowd 6787

:thumsup2

Mind that game. 4-3, Paul Dummet scored for Saints?

1-0 United. Unless Ciftci signs, then 10-0.

Maureens! :lol: The OP has made Mirren sound like a woman's name! Even though it already is a woman's name! With hilarious consequences!
:blink:

3-0 United. Nae chance of anything from this one.

I know, I just about pished myself laughing.

May as well write this one off. Shame it's on Christmas Eve as I love a night in Dundee, so there goes the positive for me!

2-0 Yinited.

Please please please tell me VDS is gonna be back for this one. And surely Murray has to start too, with Tope somewhere in town doing his shopping. Bit of a let off on Saturday with hubs hubsing their chance to pull ahead so let's not leave anything to chance and just win the game. Score doesn't matter, nor does how well we play. The 3 points is the be all and end all.
The Maureen's [emoji23][emoji23] liked that!

54 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Maureens! :lol: The OP has made Mirren sound like a woman's name! Even though it already is a woman's name! With hilarious consequences!

:blink:

3-0 United. Nae chance of anything from this one.

Firstly, it's not new - we were using "Maureens" a couple of seasons ago when we were both in the Premiership.  Secondly, whilst I would like to take credit for it I can't - I think it was Desert Nomad or invergowrie Arab who coined the term.

Anway don't get too petulant or I'll start posting pictures of random people with flat caps.  You have been warned!

St.Maureen is probably the worst banter I've ever seen on here, and that is saying something.

It's not even detrimental. I know a couple of Maureen's and they are top girls, one of whom has a terrific rack. I digress though.

DIfficult to see us getting anything from Tannadice but our record up there isn't too bad in recent times.

I'd give Santa sexual favours even for a measly point.

COYS.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Firstly, it's not new - we were using "Maureens" a couple of seasons ago when we were both in the Premiership.  Secondly, whilst I would like to take credit for it I can't - I think it was Desert Nomad or invergowrie Arab who coined the term.

Anway don't get too petulant or I'll start posting pictures of random people with flat caps.  You have been warned!

The erstwhile Szamo's Ammo was the father of St Maureen.

Most important game since the last most important game type thingy...............

We're chasing a moving target and probably will be for the rest of the season, Ayr play Dumbarton on Saturday and Dunfermline play Falkirk so a defeat will mean, statin' the bleedin' obvious, the gap between us and eighth place increasing. We could really do with a coupon busting away win or even a point to keep the recent momentum and relative goodwill going, there's no reason for the guys to be giving it less than 110% on Saturday and maybe we should be aiming for 120%.

20 minutes ago, Div said:

St.Maureen is probably the worst banter I've ever seen on here, and that is saying something.

It's not even detrimental. I know a couple of Maureen's and they are top girls, one of whom has a terrific rack. I digress though.

DIfficult to see us getting anything from Tannadice but our record up there isn't too bad in recent times.

I'd give Santa sexual favours even for a measly point.

COYS.

^^^ It's not the worst banter and you know it.

7 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

The erstwhile Szamo's Ammo was the father of St Maureen.

I'm pretty sure it was "The Maureens" and not "St Maureen".  St Maureen would not be as funny IMHO.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Why? :unsure:

Those fucking flat caps, though :lol: At least the joke was on everyone else because Djemba-Djemba turned out to be a pure quality signing.

I actually thought the way that Saints' supporters took the flat cap thing to heart was quite funny.  Maybe i'm just nostalgic about a time when we were both playing in the top flight.

The Maureens to fail miserably at their infamous agricultural approach, losing two heffers to red cards and three goals to crack goalgetters Rt Hon Simon Murray, Sir Tony of Andreau, and Mark Durnan.

What's that fascist Jim Goodwin up to these days?

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ It's not the worst banter and you know it.

I'm pretty sure it was "The Maureens" and not "St Maureen".  St Maureen would not be as funny IMHO.

It was definitely St Maureen, which then morphed into the Maureens.

Archived