Cowdenbeath vs Arbroath

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cowden seem to be struggling, I'm glad we didn't go for some untried novice like fox.

that said, looks like they ran Forfar close yesterday and we have the tendency to throw in a pish performance (Eg Edin city) from time to time so expecting a close game.

phillips in for sukur for me but if Jimmy is fit think he will start and Whatley at LB

Hope Bobby Linn is OK hobbling about at end of game there, sounded like he took a right bad one at end of Elgin game could hear him from in the stand. Didn't think he was going to get up but thankfully got up and started jogging about atleast, hopefully just an impact injury on his knee and he'll be ok.

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

cowden seem to be struggling, I'm glad we didn't go for some untried novice like fox.

that said, looks like they ran Forfar close yesterday and we have the tendency to throw in a pish performance (Eg Edin city) from time to time so expecting a close game.

phillips in for sukur for me but if Jimmy is fit think he will start and Whatley at LB

Our game could have gone either way yesterday. Both teams were trying to win it and looked vulnerable at the back. We created a good few chances but our defending of crosses is truly pathetic. If Arbroath punt a load of balls into the box then we may well get pumped. 

At home we should be taking points though. A big game for Cowden and we will see if Fox can galvanise the team and deal with our appalling defending. 

I'm expecting a hard fought game with a 1 goal margin seperating the teams. Hopefully we come out on top.

If you've got a shite defence I think we will win.

Bobby and Skelly down each wing seem to be causing teams so much bother just now, Doris has turned into a perfect front man last few weeks, his running, hold up play and bringing others into the game has been different class. Bullying centre halves and getting on the score sheet.

Prunty has always been playing quite well for me but just coming away really unlucky, finally got a goal.

Also don't think you can underestimate McCords contribution going forward, yes he isn't a physical player blessed with any real athletic attributes but he does a power of running. He's genuinely box to box for the 90 and supports the guys upfront so well. The Forfar game summed it up well, pops up with the goal then the Prunty double save at the end, in his own penalty spot, last few minutes and he's right up the other end getting in the box as Omar crosses. Add that to his quality then he's got another 5-10 goals to give us this season.

I think the game at Gayfield should've and could've been a healthy victory for us we passed up a load of chances. I remember a Cowden fan telling me we should've won about 6-2 leaving the ground.

Hopefully we can do the business this week.

McGurn to be on top form as a get it up you to Arbroath for their pathetic contract offer of just £500/week for 5 years.  Tight b*****ds.

If we offered him that we would've got him it's a 3 year deal at £350 he's got just now mate [emoji1360]

Archived