Best goal of 2016.

What's the league best goal you've seen your team score this year and the best goal scored against you this year? Could the best quality goal or just for pure and utter #scenes or importance

Hard one for the hibs fans as most of our best goals have came in the cup this year.

We've not scored many, but we have scored some pretty decent ones. Here's a wee run down of my top 5.

Prince Christian completing his first senior hat-trick in style on a Tuesday night against Alloa. I was right in line with it and it was glorious the way it came off the top of his foot. 

Our goal of the season last year. A smashing ping to keep us in the division. Good day that!

Ok, so it was quite close in. And it was only a friendly, But still, overhead kicks are always cool. Big Berba living up to his name with this one.

Ryan Stevenson Section

In terms of conceded goals, this really stands out. An absolute belter. The type you simply 'cannot catch any sweeter'.

I'll go for the best 3 in each category so far this season 2016-17:

1) Dobbie's 2nd goal & Queens' 2nd goal v. Falkirk at Palmerston in the 2-0 win on 20th August.

2) Lyle's 2nd goal & Queens' 2nd goal v. St Mirren at Paisley 2021 Stadium in the 3-1 win on 10th September.

3) Lyle's goal & the only goal of the game v. Dunfermline at East End Park in the 1-0 win on 27th August. (Mainly due to the fact that it was his 100th for the club).

1 ) Fraser's goal & Dundee Utd's 3rd goal at Palmerston in the 4-1 defeat on 5th November.

2) Mallan's goal & St Mirren's 3rd goal at Palmerston in the 3-2 defeat on 6th December.

3) Stevenson's goal & Dumbarton's 1st goal at Palmerston in the 2-1 defeat on 3rd December.

2 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

What's the league best goal you've seen your team score this year and the best goal scored against you this year? Could the best quality goal or just for pure and utter #scenes or importance

Hard one for the hibs fans as most of our best goals have came in the cup this year.

I would've thought most Hibs fans would find it an easy question to answer -  David Gray's goal that won the Scottish Cup. *

Would be the favourite Hibs goal of a lot of non-Hibs fans too, I reckon, given who you beat!

* -  Only for the goal though, not for all that bollocks after it.

Our top 3 for 2016/2017 season would probably be-

1. Mark Stewart's strike against Dunfermline to make it 2-0

2. Kevin McHattie's strike against Dundee United to make it 2-2

3. Scott Roberts strike against Dumbarton to make it 3-0

An honourable mention to Jordan Thompson's strike against Dundee United to bring it back to 2-1 that narrowly missed out.

Best 3 against us

1. Morgan's goal for St Mirren in the 1-0 defeat.

2. Stephen Dobbie's 2nd of the game for QoS to make it 2-0

3. Willo Flood's goal for Dundee United to make it 1-0

I cant remember if Vaulks screamer at Ibrox was in 15 or 16. Likewise the belter Alston scored against Sevco at TFS.

For scenes its easily the play off goals if they count? And Leahys for 2-2 was a genuinely top strike into the bargain.

The Vaulks screamer was in 2015.

I'm gonna go for the Leahy strike as I was sitting in behind the goals that night. As soon as he struck it you could see no one was stopping it. Absolute bullet.

Archived