AllyMonc

Old Firm Colts in L2

11 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

Kelty Hearts abstained, which is effectively the same as voting against, and Caledonian Braves are one of the bad guys.

Scrapping the playoffs is not the answer here. If you look at it, it is the clubs that will be if the playoffs in the coming years that voted against it. Plus I don't think it is within the SPFLs remit to do it.

Why is abstaining the same as voting against?

Kelty believe in a couple of weeks it will be beneath them and not affect their promotion prospects  They’re clearly playing both sides here.  Pretending to be good guys while actually being wanks.

It's the same as voting against because it needed 9 votes to pass, and they didn't give one of them.

8 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

If Brechin beat Kelty in the playoffs, Kelty will still have to vote  either for or against at Lowland league AGM in a few weeks. 

Is there anyone outside of Brechin who thinks that’s remotely possible?

This whole episode will work against Rangers and Celtic. Saturday's Daily Mail spoke about a potential situation where young Old Firm players are getting 'man of the match' awards at, typically, Dalbeattie. The point being made was that this would hardly lead to a call-up to the squad for a Champions League match. 

9 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

This whole episode will work against Rangers and Celtic. Saturday's Daily Mail spoke about a potential situation where young Old Firm players are getting 'man of the match' awards at, typically, Dalbeattie. The point being made was that this would hardly lead to a call-up to the squad for a Champions League match. 

Which just shows what a load of pish their lies about developing players are, and always have been.

I know a few supporters who have contacted their clubs, as have I.

we need to get them to work against the positive spin that the media will put on this. The clubs can’t be silent on this 

20 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I know a few supporters who have contacted their clubs, as have I.

we need to get them to work against the positive spin that the media will put on this. The clubs can’t be silent on this 

Too late. The chuckle brothers would probably threaten legal action now.

16 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If Brora can get a play off place with 3 games then anything is possible. 

Who should've got the HL's play off place instead?

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Who should've got the HL's play off place instead?

No one. Am I being unreasonable?

Who will get the LL place next year if one of the OF colts win it? As a matter of interest, are the LL operating promotion and relegation this year internally?

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

Who will get the LL place next year if one of the OF colts win it? As a matter of interest, are the LL operating promotion and relegation this year internally?

So it should've just been Brechin v Kelty?

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We don't know.

They might nominate the team that came 2nd, but there's a fair chance that SPFLL2 will tell them to bolt in that situation.

1 hour ago, Caledonian said:

LL Manager of the month goes to Rangers/Celtic.....Undefeated in August, the highlight being the clean sheet in the 47-0 win against Portobello Jube Jubes.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I thought they couldn't win it, and that all their games were 'friendlies' with no points available?

But the question is valid for the season after when things inevitably change.

Hopefully the idea get's canned after the colt teams end of with 47 broken legs between them. 

13 hours ago, Left Back said:

Why is abstaining the same as voting against?

Kelty believe in a couple of weeks it will be beneath them and not affect their promotion prospects  They’re clearly playing both sides here.  Pretending to be good guys while actually being wanks.

Which is exactly why Brechin need to win the play offs.  For the greater good. 

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Brechin that wanted to let Colts in an expanded L2? That Brechin?

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Brechin that wanted to let Colts in an expanded L2? That Brechin?

Against the fans wishes I must say. 

Quite a lot of LL clubs announcing that this is what their fans wanted. 

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

What greater good? Brechin right now are one of the bad guys. All true Brechin fans should be moving heaven and earth to get the Board to disavow their earlier ill judgement, preferably before the play offs.

We're going to burn down your hedge, burn down your heeeeedgeee.......