Old Firm Colts in L2

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Colts provisionally accepted into lowland league.

Celtic & Rangers B teams invitation given provisional approval by Lowland League https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57059711

Horrendous.

Kick them all out of the pyramid. Block all of their teams from competing in the League 2 playoffs. Remove their entry from the League and Challenge Cups. I would say Scottish Cup too but the SFA run that.

This is a dreadful decision, and unbelievably stupid. Mentally short sighted. Can't believe how little these fucking morons have sold themselves for. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Horrendous.

Kick them all out of the pyramid. Block all of their teams from competing in the League 2 playoffs. Remove their entry from the League and Challenge Cups. I would say Scottish Cup too but the SFA run that.

This is a dreadful decision, and unbelievably stupid. Mentally short sighted. Can't believe how little these fucking morons have sold themselves for. 

Day out at Ibrox though in't it!

PSA so far Bo'ness United & Bonnyrigg Rose are confirmed as two of the five good yins who voted against. One bad yin confirmed in yer former pals Berwick Rangers.

Edited by GNU_Linux

1 minute ago, beano said:

if they can out perform clubs that have had 100 years to do better then yes. natural order will take its flow !

You’re a fucking moron.

This will make it very easy for the larger clubs to hoover up players that would previously have gone to smaller clubs.  Most of these lads will get nowhere near the first teams of the larger clubs but would have had a shot at the smaller ones.

the elite football academies were the first step along this path of stifling talent.  This is just the next phase of concentrating all the resources to the top teams.

i say this as a supporter of one of the bigger Premiership clubs.

As an airdrie supporter who attended the cup game with Hamilton colts a while ago my view was as its a 1st team game i would attend as I really dislike missing any games.    This upcoming season I will not be attending any games involving all colts teams or lowland league teams.  

It's time ALL fans of scotish football clubs stood together.   The vast minority of fans have said no to this and we cannot be ignored once again. 

BOYCOTT ALL LOWLAND LEAGUE CLUBS- for one season only!!!!

PSA so far Bo'ness United & Bonnyrigg Rose are confirmed as two of the five good yins who voted against. One bad yin confirmed in yer former pals Berwick Rangers.
Kelty Hearts abstained, which is effectively the same as voting against, and Caledonian Braves are one of the bad guys.

Scrapping the playoffs is not the answer here. If you look at it, it is the clubs that will be if the playoffs in the coming years that voted against it. Plus I don't think it is within the SPFLs remit to do it.

1 minute ago, BishyTON said:

Kelty Hearts abstained, which is effectively the same as voting against, and Caledonian Braves are one of the bad guys.

Scrapping the playoffs is not the answer here. If you look at it, it is the clubs that will be if the playoffs in the coming years that voted against it. Plus I don't think it is within the SPFLs remit to do it.

Shutting the door would also shaft the Highland League who've done nothing wrong & not so long ago said naw to an ICT Colts team.

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Shutting the door would also shaft the Highland League who've done nothing wrong & not so long ago said naw to an ICT Colts team.

Spfl should reuse to allow LL Club into play off unless they win the league, anything else is grossly unfair on HL

To keep the pyramid integrity, HL Champion should play Club 42 and LL team finishing 2nd or 3rd should not be involved.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

If the OF colts win the LL should just be a straight playoff with Highland rep. 

11 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

Why is abstaining the same as voting against?

Kelty believe in a couple of weeks it will be beneath them and not affect their promotion prospects  They’re clearly playing both sides here.  Pretending to be good guys while actually being wanks.

This whole episode will work against Rangers and Celtic. Saturday's Daily Mail spoke about a potential situation where young Old Firm players are getting 'man of the match' awards at, typically, Dalbeattie. The point being made was that this would hardly lead to a call-up to the squad for a Champions League match. 

9 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

This whole episode will work against Rangers and Celtic. Saturday's Daily Mail spoke about a potential situation where young Old Firm players are getting 'man of the match' awards at, typically, Dalbeattie. The point being made was that this would hardly lead to a call-up to the squad for a Champions League match. 

Which just shows what a load of pish their lies about developing players are, and always have been.