AllyMonc

Old Firm Colts in L2

Presumably the "mainstream broadcast partner" will be Rangers TV/whatever Celtic have set up.

24 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Jesus! A "conservative" figure of 500 at each game? A mainstream broadcast partner? Where are these guys living?

Absolute cloud cuckoo land. Surely those in the Lowland League will not fall for this utter pish.

Let's go through this wonderful document:

The frustration for the Lowland League is the lack of opportunity for ambitious clubs to progress through the pyramid

So adding in Rangers and Celtic Colts helps this because.....

The Lowland League will be innovative, modern and creative and look at the bigger picture, put Scottish football first

How does this put Scottish Football first?  It literally benefits the development of players for Rangers and Celtic...by playing friendlies against Lowland League teams.
image.png.6086a2996e8a26538eaef722af1f740f.png

This is from Wiki and it's their current 'B' team.  Are you saying that these players would benefit more from playing friendlies or from what they are doing now and playing competitive matches at a higher level?

This proposal will inject new money into the Lowland League for a 12 month period as well as increase sponsorship and broadcast opportunities

Who is going to watch their team play a friendly on Rangers TV?  If Cowden were relegated and had a game v either the Old Firm Colts I don't even think I'd be keeping an eye on Twitter to see the score nevermind watching the bloody game.

Clubs may have one player / coach aged 33 or older who cannot play in the clubs first team

What's the point in this?  Which Rangers or Celtic player will be excited by this prospect?

1) Manager – UEFA Pro Licence 2) Asst. Manager – A Licence 3) Sports Scientist – MSc in Sports related discipline 4) Physio – Chartered 5) GK Coach – UEFA GK Licence 6) Analyst – Degree educated 7) Doctor – minimum 15 hours per week 8) Team Operations Manager

The list of staffing requirements.  I'm sure all other Lowland league teams have Sports Scientists. 

£25,000 entry fee.

Aaah so let's just buy a place in the league system.  How far does £25k get you?  Obviously it's much needed income but it's not a large amount of money especially if clubs still need to do covid testing etc.

• Gate income – circa £5000 per lowland League club (based on a conservative 500 supporters x £5 x 2 fixtures)

Thank God that's a conservative estimate as it might look silly otherwise.  

Social Media – over 2 million followers across all platforms

So Rangers Colts are playing BSC Glasgow on Saturday at 3pm.  Is the Official Rangers Twitter account doing live updates from the game? Or would they likely just mention the fact there's a game?

In the top ten of clubs competing in Europa league for social media engagement

Sesame Street Idk GIF

26 minutes ago, Ironside8 said:

Oh they will the league is full of clueless wannabe big wigs who think they are important, many new to non league football with no real feeling for it hence why they are so out of touch.

Never has the Junior game of recent past looked more appealing a separate entity tweaked and modernised offering an incredible alternative to the shit show that is senior football.

Juniors are still deid.

Miller, who's on loan from Rangers, has only made a single 15 min (roughly) appearance as a sub for Elgin out of 10 games on the bench, so he's not 'improving' the team or himself. He's also, at this moment, an Australian u17 player, therefore doesn't benefit the Scottish national set up.

4 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Shut the Pyramid down if the LL vote for it. They can then get on with playing meaningless games to their hearts' content.

Right now please. 

Can't work out the following : ALL spfl clubs have youth, academy, reserve set ups etc - to develop and bring on player's towards the 1st team. Why can't the OF do their coaching against similar sides/players ? Why aren't these games good enough ?  Do they want to see the colts progress through the spfl (can't have them in the same Lge/divisions anyway)  I'm led to believe.  Just vote NO 👎

3 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Can't work out the following : ALL spfl clubs have youth, academy, reserve set ups etc - to develop and bring on player's towards the 1st team. Why can't the OF do their coaching against similar sides/players ? Why aren't these games good enough ?  Do they want to see the colts progress through the spfl (can't have them in the same Lge/divisions anyway)  I'm led to believe.  Just vote NO 👎

Yeah, we had a reserve league which Rangers etc didn’t like so it was changed to a development league.

Rangers etc didn’t like that so it went back to a reserve league.

Rangers etc wouldn’t play senior players in that league so withdrew their teams.

I don’t understand where Rangers players like Greg Stewart for example get game time, wouldn’t it be better for Rangers etc to put some effort into a reserve league and play youngsters with senior players like they did in the old days ?

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

wouldn’t it be better for Rangers etc to put some effort into a reserve league and play youngsters with senior players like they did in the old days ?

Aye, it would be, if they (and the Ibrox side appears to be the main driver to this nonsense) were actually suggesting this for unselfish Scottish player development reasons.

But it's because they want a back up presence in the Scottish system in case their top side gets an opportunity to fuck off elsewhere.

This "wanting to have a back-up" argument has never held any water with me. If they were to leave to some European League or Atlantic League or something along those lines, and wanted to keep a team in Scottish football then they would simply use the place that their first team currently holds.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This "wanting to have a back-up" argument has never held any water with me. If they were to leave to some European League or Atlantic League or something along those lines, and wanted to keep a team in Scottish football then they would simply use the place that their first team currently holds.

Definition of leave?

20 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Definition of leave?

Atlantic League means Atlantic League!

Seriously though, I agree. This is for reasons of complete domination of the entire game in Scotland. Hoarding players and eliminating ever more chance of real competition. 

On 06/05/2021 at 09:38, The Moonster said:

Which of the arse cheeks are George Frasers big team?

He runs the team that has to move 30 miles away to play in front of family and friends as they haven't managed to find a home ground.  

5 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Definition of leave?

"Leave means leave" rings a bell.

If the Old Firm put their efforts behind a reserve league that played at their home ground at 3pm on a Saturday with no TV coverage and allowed season ticket holders in, they'd get 10,000 plus at home games no problem. And they might get themselves a competitive league that would tick loadsa boxes.

He runs the team that has to move 30 miles away to play in front of family and friends as they haven't managed to find a home ground.  
So... Clyde?

20 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

So... Clyde?

In my clumsy way, I was suggesting Fraser concentrate on sorting his own club's issues out first and that, if he had, BSC could be building be something solid back where the B in BSC is.

As an aside, plenty of club bosses get themselves into a lather over a chance to pander to the Old Firm.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

In my clumsy way, I was suggesting Fraser concentrate on sorting his own club's issues out first and that, if he had, BSC could be building be something solid back where the B in BSC is.

As an aside, plenty of club bosses get themselves into a lather over a chance to pander to the Old Firm.

Being chairman of the Lowland league and MD of BSC are two complete different entities. He has a job to do as chairman of the Lowland league and is trying.

As far as I'm aware the clubs have to vote to see if they will let the Colts teams in or not for One Season only, brining in money for the association.  So the association clubs are the ones who will decide, I don't get all the moaning.  If the clubs say no then the colts don't get in, if the clubs say yes then they get in and LL receives money, badly needed money.  Its not rocket science and it isn't going to make a difference right now because no WOSFL, SOSFL or ESOFL team are going to the LL anyway as all leagues ended up null and void this season.