AllyMonc

Old Firm Colts in L2

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think edinabear has ever said anything that's true. 

There is the rumour that Edinburgh City are looking to enter a reserve side in the EoSFL and passed the sift of applicants. It has been said to be an attempt to secure Meadowbank usage for themselves more than anything. Nothing official has been said though and much like Colts, they will have to get past a membership vote if true.

It hasn't even been confirmed that they are interested and they went past the sifting by the EOS board. So far they are only rumours (although admittedly quite strong rumours). But even then, as FWF pointed out, they will still have to be voted in by the membership. I think it's quite unlikely for them to actually get in.

11 hours ago, edinabear said:

Looks like Edinburgh City colts are joining the pyramid. Seems its fine for them but not the old firm. 

I actually don't have a problem with that as long as it's from the bottom. If the OF want to put an application into the WoSFL from the bottom, they're more than welcome to.

Ps I still think colt teams are shite

Edited by the jambo-rocker

12 hours ago, edinabear said:

Looks like Edinburgh City colts are joining the pyramid. Seems its fine for them but not the old firm. 

Stranraer and Stirling University already have reserve or 'colt' teams in the pyramid. It's currently permitted and Rangers, or any club, are free to apply to do the same within the current rules.

Stunned that a Rangers fan is uninformed on this topic tbh. 

10 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Stranraer and Stirling University already have reserve or 'colt' teams in the pyramid. It's currently permitted and Rangers, or any club, are free to apply to do the same within the current rules.

Caledonian Braves also have a team in the SoS. All 2nd XI teams are barred under the Lowland League rules which do not permit more than one team at Professional Game Board level.

13 hours ago, edinabear said:

If I ignore it, maybe it will go away. | William Shatner | Know Your Meme

On 13/04/2021 at 10:20, Passionate said:

The problem  I have with the  ' Colts teams in L2' is it will screw up the already screwed up pyramid systen....

What I would change is the loan process,   look at your L1 teams for example  who are dead against,  Falkirk have 4 rangers co!ts in there side,  Thistle have had 4 rangers Colts this season,   League above qos have 3 rangers colts,  Inverness and Dunfy have a splattering.

if there are so against them, why fall over themselves, to sign them.

what I would propose is old firm Colts can only go on loan to League 2 clubs only, Maximum of 4 per club,  this would let these players " cut their teeth' and play in a competitive environment......  I

I look forward to constructive responses..

I imagine it's better for Rangers Colts to be at full time Championship clubs on loan in terms of full time training etc.

QoS train at Hamilton,so easy for the central belt players.

(Although i'd much prefer we signed our own blooming players rather than being a dumping ground for Junior Sevconians)

On 14/04/2021 at 13:48, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Two of the absolutely worst players I've ever seen in Falkirk strips were on loan from the OF.

Jason Marr and, especially, Ross Perry.

Absolute haddies. I know Marr went on to do ok for Alloa, but Perry, jeezo. 

Perry and Marr played together for Albion Rovers the year we got relegated from L1 in 2018. We would’ve been better off with Morrissey and Marr in the centre of defence.

On 14/04/2021 at 13:48, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Two of the absolutely worst players I've ever seen in Falkirk strips were on loan from the OF.

Jason Marr and, especially, Ross Perry.

Absolute haddies. I know Marr went on to do ok for Alloa, but Perry, jeezo. 

He did well in "Friends", though.

On 2 March 2021 at 20:11, Ivo den Bieman said:

How is any of this of concern to a "Forth Wanderers" fan?

😕

Guessing you've never been in Forth.

Ra People

"We didn't get to play in the new European Superleague because you won't let our Colts into League 2. Oh, it's so unfair..."

On 14/04/2021 at 22:58, edinabear said:

Yup. It's only fair though  Because we're older than The Rangers.

40 minutes ago, true fan said:

Barcelona and Man City colts in L2 anybody?

They should put the likes of Leicester and Southampton colt teams in the Scottish Premiership so they can compete with their feeder teams

Just shows how corrupt/ruled by the big clubs the world of football is not just Scotland.

Scotland is small fry in comparison, bigger clubs bully smaller clubs everywhere, the proposed Europe league just proves this.

On 15/04/2021 at 11:02, Gordon EF said:

Absolutely, I'm sure their two applications to the West of Scotland tier 7 conferences would be favourably looked upon.

21 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Just shows how corrupt/ruled by the big clubs the world of football is not just Scotland.

Scotland is small fry in comparison, bigger clubs bully smaller clubs everywhere, the proposed Europe league just proves this.

Yip, got to love Neil Doncaster acting disgusted at the idea of football being monopolised by a small number of clubs.

Think talk of the so called Super League has been going on, behind closed doors, for a while now. Probably coincides with rumours of the OF Colts again, IF the OF had been asked about the Super Lge of course. Just something about modern football that says ' we can buy anything we want' attitude that's sickening. Wonder if every pro club had colts teams in lower leagues ? Frightening.