Old Firm Colts in L2

56 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aside from your Primary 3 standard of spelling, the emboldened section is horseshit.

We have 1 (one) player on loan from Rangers.

Can you point out my spelling mistakes for future reference....

I take your point regarding your Rangers colts but I will raise you 2 Dundee United colts same thing or is just an "old firm thing"

Just now, Passionate said:

Can you point out my spelling mistakes for future reference....

I take your point regarding your Rangers colts but I will raise you 2 Dundee United colts same thing or is just an "old firm thing"

Certainly. You should have said "Falkirk have 4 1 Rangers colts in their side".

No it's not the same thing, because as far as I can see, nobody is trying to shoehorn DU colts into, and hence degrade and ruin, the lower leagues.

Ironically of course DU have always had a tremendous youth section!

19 minutes ago, Passionate said:

That response is why lower league clubs are sufferring a death by a thousand cuts scenario where ' managed decline' is acceptable....  

Can you explain this? I've no idea what it means or how it is relevant to the shite you posted. 

To the surprise of no one, he’s also wrong about us as Thistle only have one player on loan from Rangers. We did have Rhys Breen and Adam Devine from them earlier in the season, but Breen made about 4 appearances and Devine was punted back after a week so we could get a boy from Livingston instead.

Not that any of this is the main reason why that post was absolutely dreadful. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can you explain this? I've no idea what it means or how it is relevant to the shite you posted. 

You will just have to find out the hard way in League 2 next season, then the pieces will start to come together....

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

To the surprise of no one, he’s also wrong about us as Thistle only have one player on loan from Rangers. We did have Rhys Breen and Adam Devine from them earlier in the season, but Breen made about 4 appearances and Devine was punted back after a week so we could get a boy from Livingston instead.

Not that any of this is the main reason why that post was absolutely dreadful. 

You are getting the point but are a little blinkered in your responses,   basically you want to drink out the old firm colt or premiership club trough when it suits,   so you want your cake and eat it scenario...   

I don't know if you have divulged the rest of my initial post,  it is not for shoe horning old firm Colts teams into league 2,  it is for giving their players experience in a competitive environment, without clubs in higher leagues taking the easy option....

For the record you have drank out the Rangers trough for players on 3 occasions as you confirmed...

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

I don't know if you have divulged the rest of my initial post,  it is not for shoe horning old firm Colts teams into league 2,  it is for giving their players experience in a competitive environment, without clubs in higher leagues taking the easy option....

Why don't Rangers and Celtic stop signing up young guys they have no intention of ever playing then? Let the kids go out and find their level and if they become good enough for Rangers or Celtic they can pay money for them. You can't hoard 300 players and then moan that you've got nowhere to play them or the resources to develop them.

It's the Old Firm who want their cake to eat here. 

Fairly robust defence of Rangers from the Airdrie man here though...

10 minutes ago, Passionate said:

You are getting the point but are a little blinkered in your responses,   basically you want to drink out the old firm colt or premiership club trough when it suits,   so you want your cake and eat it scenario...   

For the record you have drank out the Rangers trough for players on 3 occasions as you confirmed...

Yes, lower league clubs take players on loan from premiership clubs when it suits them, the player and the Premiership club to do so.

Yes, we have had 3 players on loan from Rangers this season, although one of them has played the same amount of competitive football for Partick Thistle as I have, so I probably wouldn’t really count that one.

Is your point that Championship and League One clubs shouldn’t be allowed to take Premiership players on loan? If so, why? 

51 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Are you a chef?

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Now that's just nasty.

Sorry, I actually thought that whole thing was very poor and the SPL ought to have been ashamed about their fantasyland rules.

But still...lol  :lol:

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

You're making the comparison of a loan signing, agreed by a Premiership club, the lower league club and the player in question to shoehorning colt teams into the SPFL. They are completely different things. I don't see an issue with any club taking an OF youngster on loan, or a player from any other club for that matter. And that happens all the way down to non-league football with bigger teams loaning players out to smaller teams. Players loaned out to lower league (SPFL) sides still play for legitimate football clubs rather than a league ruining colts side.

Nothing strange about supporting the loan system (with caveats to prevent a club completely taking over another club and effectively turning it into a colts team) and being against colts sides in the SPFL.

Hilarious that they can't even get this past their own peers.

See you next year. My prediction for Colts IV: This Time It's Personal is that they'll adopt the stick approach and threaten to stop loaning players to other clubs, not realising (or caring) that they're completely undermining their own bullshit argument.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Hilarious that they can't even get this past their own peers.

See you next year. My prediction for Colts IV: This Time It's Personal is that they'll adopt the stick approach and threaten to stop loaning players to other clubs, not realising (or caring) that they're completely undermining their own bullshit argument.

I feel like the only thing that could maybe sway Prem clubs is if they offer bribes again AND consider expanding the Prem, but they'll never do that. The one thing the 11-1 vote is good for is to make it bloody impossible for this to go through practically complete consensus.