Old Firm Colts in L2

On 17/03/2021 at 19:06, invergowrie arab said:

Maybe we could rebrand every team in Scotland as Rangers or Celtic.

Aberdeen Celtic v Cove Rangers

Dundee Celtic v Dundee Rangers

East Strlingshire Celtic v Stenhousemuir Rangers

The local OF fans would pack the grounds every week and the main teams would have the pick of around 500 players each.

Just don't make it Peterhead Celtic. 😁

On 03/04/2021 at 19:15, Andy groundhopper said:

Feel sorry for the lower league Champions who then have to go through the play off lottery, win the league by 20 pts but come unstuck  over 1/2 games. Similarly finishing 20pts adrift but we'll give you another chance. Champions up automatically, 2 definitely relegated. You're bottom and crap so get down. When will the OF Colts story eventually  finish ?

Play offs are not a lottery they are a test of ability and nerve. Tossing a coin, cutting cards would be a lottery.

On 11/04/2021 at 23:54, Big Dougie said:

Everyone can relax......for at least another season, it’s dead for now and will not be put to clubs to vote on.

A revised reconstruction plan that would create a 12-team Scottish Championship and would introduce Celtic and Rangers colts teams in League 2 , with no relegation from the second tier for a season, is currently under discussion. (Daily Mail, print edition)

Todays BBC "rumours"

52 minutes ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

Todays BBC "rumours"

Saw that, but It’s definitely not happening for next season. I may regret that statement right enough 😀, but I believe what I have been told.

Edited by Big Dougie

Assuming that the bigot colts are eventually allowed in, what happens when they finish bottom of league 2? Can’t see them being happy to play in the lowland league, no disrespect to clubs there. Get this idea in the bin once and for all

The problem  I have with the  ' Colts teams in L2' is it will screw up the already screwed up pyramid systen....

What I would change is the loan process,   look at your L1 teams for example  who are dead against,  Falkirk have 4 rangers co!ts in there side,  Thistle have had 4 rangers Colts this season,   League above qos have 3 rangers colts,  Inverness and Dunfy have a splattering.

if there are so against them, why fall over themselves, to sign them.

what I would propose is old firm Colts can only go on loan to League 2 clubs only, Maximum of 4 per club,  this would let these players " cut their teeth' and play in a competitive environment......  I

I look forward to constructive responses..

38 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The problem  I have with the  ' Colts teams in L2' is it will screw up the already screwed up pyramid systen....

What I would change is the loan process,   look at your L1 teams for example  who are dead against,  Falkirk have 4 rangers co!ts in there side,  Thistle have had 4 rangers Colts this season,   League above qos have 3 rangers colts,  Inverness and Dunfy have a splattering.

what I would propose is old firm Colts can only go on loan to League 2 clubs only, Maximum of 4 per club,  this would let these players " cut their teeth' and play in a competitive environment......  I

They're against a club having two teams in the SPFL, they are not against the players themselves playing football.

It's a shame it hasn't been put to a vote, as I'dve put in an amendment that, if voted down again (very likely) a like proposal could not be advanced for another decade- i.e not before the 2030/31 season.

Glad it seems to be fading away for now but really sick of this bullshit.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

The real problem here is that we have clubs who are trying to absorb all young talent in Scotland and hire it back out to everyone else, with the full backing of the SFA.

Smaller clubs are being littered with Celtgers players by design. Get the squad sizes limited and this artificially-manufactured "problem" disappears.

It will never, ever happen, under any circumstances, as they'll use their veto every time. Thanks again for that, Aberdeen.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Probably the worst point made on this entire thread tbh.

On 02/04/2021 at 16:43, BFTD said:

Can't we just skip to the end game and allow Celtgers colts into the Premiership?

On the understanding that they're never, ever allowed to be relegated, of course.

That's Aberdeen you're thinking about.

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's Aberdeen you're thinking about.

On a similar note, it's been nice to see Falkirk taking to heart the repeated hints that their presence is really not required in the top drawer.

30 minutes ago, BFTD said:

On a similar note, it's been nice to see Falkirk taking to heart the repeated hints that their presence is really not required in the top drawer.

See the source image

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

Aside from your Primary 3 standard of spelling, the emboldened section is horseshit.

We have 1 (one) player on loan from Rangers.

I would constructively respond that your post is based on saying things that are objectively wrong?