Jump to content
AllyMonc

Old Firm Colts in L2

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

 

 

Can you even read, bro? It's literally a little known podcast trying to generate some discussion, there is f**k all in there that says clubs are looking to support this. 

What clubs are the podcast close to?

Folk get angry because they're sick of you c***s thrusting this pish into debate every single year. Nae c**t wants it. Give it up.

Lol, no they should be told where to go by the WoS as well.

I worry for your health. You better try and make peace with this as its happening whether you like it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've no idea how they would decide which teams go up as the Highland league have played 0-3 games. PPG would have Bonnyrigg missing out again by 3 goals to EKFC

While I don't like the idea of the colts teams I think this is going to be the only way to open up the bottom of league 2 which would be price worth paying. If it's true colts I could see the colt teams being relegated pretty quickly anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I worry for your health. You better try and make peace with this as its happening whether you like it or not. 

You don't worry for my health at all, similar to your previous post where you said you don't support colt sides in the league, and now you're here saying "lol get it up yez it's happening". Your clubs proposal will be laughed out of town yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, calmac25 said:

While I don't like the idea of the colts teams I think this is going to be the only way to open up the bottom of league 2 which would be spruce worth paying. 

lol wut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I worry for your health. You better try and make peace with this as its happening whether you like it or not. 

I worry about the loneliness of the two brain cells in your head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

While I don't like the idea of the colts teams I think this is going to be the only way to open up the bottom of league 2 which would be price worth paying. If it's true colts I could see the colt teams being relegated pretty quickly anyway

As Moonster already hinted at, I've no idea what you're thinking with the first statement. With the second, they've no interest in seeing their youngsters get battered by seasoned lower-league pros on a weekly basis. Some cynics might say that Celtgers have shown very little interest in youth development in general up until now. The idea is to get a second team in the league, then use it to keep their bloated squads sharp in case they're needed for the first team. They know that nobody is ever going to vote for that, so they've been pushing this "it's just the kids" angle for years, and then they can work on adding more and more "experienced pros to help the youngsters along" over time.

Then there's the holy grail of getting away to a more lucrative league and leaving the 'B' team behind to continue soaking up money from the Scottish game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BFTD said:

As Moonster already hinted at, I've no idea what you're thinking with the first statement. With the second, they've no interest in seeing their youngsters get battered by seasoned lower-league pros on a weekly basis. Some cynics might say that Celtgers have shown very little interest in youth development in general up until now. The idea is to get a second team in the league, then use it to keep their bloated squads sharp in case they're needed for the first team. They know that nobody is ever going to vote for that, so they've been pushing this "it's just the kids" angle for years, and then they can work on adding more and more "experienced pros to help the youngsters along" over time.

Then there's the holy grail of getting away to a more lucrative league and leaving the 'B' team behind to continue soaking up money from the Scottish game.

The simple way around that is writing it into the rules that the B team can only stay in the set up as long as the A team does

That would flush out the real reason they are putting this proposal forward.

The best option however is just to say no to B teams.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it be that the spfl2 clubs may vote in such a thing to save their own skins, relegation etc ? They'd hope the HL and LL clubs would go down first  I'd expect, giving them a few more years grace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have always said that if this came to pass that would be me finished, no team should have two teams in the league set-up regardless of how important they think they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Have always said that if this came to pass that would be me finished, no team should have two teams in the league set-up regardless of how important they think they are.

This. Clearly it's an academic discussion at present, but if the youth teams of these scumbags are allowed to pollute the lower leagues I won't be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, realmadrid said:

The simple way around that is writing it into the rules that the B team can only stay in the set up as long as the A team does

That would flush out the real reason they are putting this proposal forward.

The best option however is just to say no to B teams.

 

Add to that - only Scotland qualified players under 21 eligible, then watch their concern for the development of Scottish players wither. 

As you recommend, NO is the only realistic choice.

Edited by AlbionMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not this shit again.

It's not happening again. It's some wannabe Talksport podcast trying to drum up interest.

Colts are pish. Keep them out of the league, get them out of the Challenge Cup and if the Old Firm want to develop players then play them or let them go on loan and stop asking for daft money for lower league clubs to loan them. It's really not difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

This. Clearly it's an academic discussion at present, but if the youth teams of these scumbags are allowed to pollute the lower leagues I won't be back.

That is my view and I believe many others are of a similar mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its a great idea much needed funds for L2 teams and will open up the pyramid system for ambitious LL & HL teams, the current format is heavily in favour of L2 teams happy to cling on to their league status, which for me needs to change.

I follow the HL but ultimately it will be LL and some current WOSL teams who will come to the fore if this proposal gets the go-ahead in the long term

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Samsonite said:

I think its a great idea much needed funds for L2 teams and will open up the pyramid system for ambitious LL & HL teams, the current format is heavily in favour of L2 teams happy to cling on to their league status, which for me needs to change.

I follow the HL but ultimately it will be LL and some current WOSL teams who will come to the fore if this proposal gets the go-ahead in the long term

Much-needed funds? I think you mean a promise of funds from a club which has never made a profit in its entire existence, has no credit rating, and depends on loans from its directors to keep going from month to month. Good luck with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...