Old Firm Colts in L2

This is reminding me of Trump. Keep demanding the same thing over and over, because you've always been given everything you asked for and can't comprehend why it isn't happening now.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Why are the other chairmen on this working group humouring the Rangers boy? Why not just tell him “your idea is shite and it’ll never pass the vote”? Seems like a complete waste of their time given they stand to gain absolutely nothing from it.

Well Gerry Birdbrain is on the  group along with Brown from St Johnstone. No idea why as they are not affected.

The Lowland League boy is obviously going to do anything Rangers say and Iain McMenamy is a big team groupie.

I did initially think when I saw the headline that it was about the Premier League going to 16 teams, who could possibly argue against that ?

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Absolutely no idea what you are on about. 

I'll try again.

I think Rangers and Celtic are being cynically opportunistic by raising this issue at a time when lower league clubs, particularly those near the bottom of League 2 are perceived to be more vulnerable.

If you still don't understand you deserve to be relegated.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll try again.

I think Rangers and Celtic are being cynically opportunistic by raising this issue at a time when lower league clubs, particularly those near the bottom of League 2 are perceived to be more vulnerable.

You are spot on and have managed to recruit some lackeys in Fraser and McMenamy to help them out.

I would have thought Lowland League would be keen to see Colts in LL as the money would be very welcome to those  Clubs.  

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

You are spot on and have managed to recruit some lackeys in Fraser and McMenamy to help them out.

I would have thought Lowland League would be keen to see Colts in LL as the money would be very welcome to those  Clubs.  

But they would block their promotion prospects. 

5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Just your cogs working as usual. 

As opposed to the scheme of 'Uncle Ken' to unilaterally shift the boundaries of the entire pyramid just so that your club don't take a bleaching by Wick the following season.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

But they would block their promotion prospects. 

If it's part of an expansion of League 2 then it would probably lead to an increase in promotion/relegation spots between the SPFL and the HL/LL. That's why the Lowland League cravenly went along with all this stuff in the summer.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

As opposed to the scheme of 'Uncle Ken' to unilaterally shift the boundaries of the entire pyramid just so that your club don't take a bleaching by Wick the following season.

Your imagination is starting to reach new boundaries now.  These lockdowns must be really messing with your head. :lol:

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll try again.

Quite possibly , but if our club is anything to go by , the work going on to modernise the set up and the incredible support shown by the fans both financially and their willingness to embrace the changes emphasises the desire to re-establish the club at a higher level.  The repulsive thought of being lured by bribery from the OF has never been and will never  be part of that equation at all. 

Hence my reaction to your proposal. 

Perhaps there are other clubs in a less fortunate position  (and possibly not in the lower reaches )who would seriously consider such proposals . That is the frightening scenario. 

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Quite possibly , but if our club is anything to go by , the work going on to modernise the set up and the incredible support shown by the fans both financially and their willingness to embrace the changes emphasises the desire to re-establish the club at a higher level.  The repulsive thought of being lured by bribery from the OF has never been and will never  be part of that equation at all. 

Hence my reaction to your proposal. 

Perhaps there are other clubs in a less fortunate position  (and possibly not in the lower reaches )who would seriously consider such proposals . That is the frightening scenario. 

It's not my proposal. I was trying to illustrate...oh fūck it I give up.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's not my proposal. I was trying to illustrate...oh fūck it I give up.

With the emphasis on Brechin because we are currently shite . (but not skint) 

My hopes are that every club has a bit of pride and they just tell the SPFL to f**k off with the idea  that the OF are  the answer to producing future Scottish talent. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Your imagination is starting to reach new boundaries now.  These lockdowns must be really messing with your head. :lol:

He's still not got over being one of the four sides that didn't wipe the floor with Brechin in all four fixtures the year you were the pishest team ever.