Old Firm Colts in L2

40 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I would have thought that initially but it is quite a lot of money on offer, some might go for it

You are saying it is quite a lot of money .  It equates to £15,625 for each of the 16 proposed league 3 clubs in the first season , reducing each season after that. 

Would that be enough incentive for most clubs ? I doubt it. 

Also what would happen if a colt side ended up bottom ? Would they be part of the pyramid system and if they went down which league would their contribution go to ? 

Colt sides playing against club sides; a stupid idea and so disrespectful to many of our clubs. There are too many ignorant fools at the so called top end of Scottish football. Not to mention the arse end of the back pages. Hardly a journalist amongst them.

You are saying it is quite a lot of money .  It equates to £15,625 for each of the 16 proposed league 3 clubs in the first season , reducing each season after that. 
Would that be enough incentive for most clubs ? I doubt it. 
Also what would happen if a colt side ended up bottom ? Would they be part of the pyramid system and if they went down which league would their contribution go to ? 
And you lose a home game due to it being a league of 18. Plus have a boycott of the 2 arsecheek games.

It should be swatted aside regardless but it's always worth contacting the club you support on this issue just to remind them how strongly you oppose this. As unequivocal a no as I could possibly give to any suggestion ever.

I don't think any club are really in a position to "swat" aside any amount of revenue in the current climate. I am going to be quite happy to have a club after this so moaning about colts isn't at the fore front of my mind

I am by no means a colt enthusiast. I would probably give any game v a colt team a wide berth to be honest. Especially the two vermin colt teams.

But there are parts of the proposal that has some positives.

I like the bigger League idea. Brora n Kelty be good additions to the league, along with the financial incentive.

In normal times I wouldn't give it the time of day, these are not normal times thou.

2 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

I don't think any club are really in a position to "swat" aside any amount of revenue in the current climate. I am going to be quite happy to have a club after this so moaning about colts isn't at the fore front of my mind

I am by no means a colt enthusiast. I would probably give any game v a colt team a wide berth to be honest. Especially the two vermin colt teams.

But there are parts of the proposal that has some positives.

I like the bigger League idea. Brora n Kelty be good additions to the league, along with the financial incentive.

In normal times I wouldn't give it the time of day, these are not normal times thou.

^^^Exactly what they prey on. A mixture of indifference and desperation.

10 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

In among the shite of B teams which won't fly, I think this part of the idea is a good start in terms of bridging the gap between youth teams at 17 and first team football at 21:

"Alternatively, they could forge strategic partnerships with lower-league outfits that would allow up to six players, plus one coach to be loaned by the Premiership club;
Those partnerships would have a minimum three-year commitment and would cease if the lower-league club reaches the top flight."

It keeps B teams out the pyramid and addresses the problem of lack of first team football for elite younger players. The only problems are that it will put some part time players out of a league contract and whether fans of lower league clubs would accept players.

However I do like the idea of a bigger loan system to help aid development. It has to be done in a way that helps lower league clubs also, but it would help bridge the development gap. Done on a relatively local/regional level partnership wise, it could strengthen ties.

However I am just a big romantic, it won't happen.

The elite you refer to get loaned out anyway, to Championship clubs.

The other ones are not good enough for top flight football and get released at the end of their contracts. 3 yrs at Montrose won't turn some of Aberdeen's U20s into 1st team players. If they were that good, they'd be elsewhere on loan by the 2nd season.

It's a shitty idea.

So the pyramid system is over now .... You can just buy a place in the spfl?

i have a bad feeling this might happen. The first budge attempt failed resoundinglyand swiftly but this time round it's getting drawn out.  It was weird that there was such a firm "no" to reconstruction and they were back in there straight away. "No" means maybe? I hope I'm wrong about this.

Whats going on behind closed doors? I don't know whether to be angry or embarrassed.

50 minutes ago, true fan said:

So the pyramid system is over now .... You can just buy a place in the spfl?

i have a bad feeling this might happen. The first budge attempt failed resoundinglyand swiftly but this time round it's getting drawn out.  It was weird that there was such a firm "no" to reconstruction and they were back in there straight away. "No" means maybe? I hope I'm wrong about this.

Whats going on behind closed doors? I don't know whether to be angry or embarrassed.

The whole issue could have been resolved right at the start of discussions by simply promoting the top 2 clubs from each league . That way , the vast majority of clubs would be happy with no relegation and the HL/LL issue would be catered for as well.  The colt issue should not have ever been considered.

Just my opinion , but as you say even with the vast majority in agreement , the minority vote seem to always get their way. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The whole issue could have been resolved right at the start of discussions by simply promoting the top 2 clubs from each league . That way , the vast majority of clubs would be happy with no relegation and the HL/LL issue would be catered for as well.  The colt issue should not have ever been considered.

Just my opinion , but as you say even with the vast majority in agreement , the minority vote seem to always get their way. 

Not surprisingly I disagree. Clubs who finished 2nd to 4th would have a chance at the play-offs and promotion. The automatic promotion for second spot was done away with years ago, why should it be brought back now after the season has finished.

18 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Not surprisingly I disagree. Clubs who finished 2nd to 4th would have a chance at the play-offs and promotion. The automatic promotion for second spot was done away with years ago, why should it be brought back now after the season has finished.

Yes that is true but the concept would have been a temporary reconstruction  (simple to implement ) to deal with the Covid situation.  What they are proposing now is throwing up all sorts of problems , none more so than the ridiculous colt team bribery concept. 

Rangers, just like Hearts before them, should be embarrassed to be trying to take advantage of struggling clubs.

A total fucking scum move.

If this proposal was accepted it would be one more nail in the coffin for sporting integrity and fair play in Scottish Football. Yes maybe some other countries do it but the lower leagues in those countries are rapidly becoming a joke, lost their romance, where money and the power of a hand full of big clubs have taken over the leagues just to serve those top few clubs and ensure their continual qualification for european competitions every season. The proposal needs thrown out (again) and Scottish Football can then be proud to hold heads high and say money hasn't yet taken over the game here and we should be proud of that. Colt/reserve teams or even worse for me the idea in the proposal to encourage ICT/Fort William style tie ups between big and small clubs, needs thrown out once and for all. There should be no reserve teams in the senior pyramid at all, or if there has to be then given the precedent set in the SoS and NCL (assuming the NCL do become a tier 6 under the HL as rumoured), then its tier 6 and below and they go no higher up. 

Rangers had their chance to develop young players "for the good of Scottish football" in the lower leagues. Instead, they chose to sign Kevin Kyle, Fran Sandaza, Ian Black and an assortment of other chumps on silly wages. 

Anyone continuing to suggest this pish should be followed around by a jester and someone playing cartoon sounds on a keyboard. 

Let's not forget that they may well make their way up the divisions (irrespective of what might be said to sweeten the deal) and that's less opportunities for proper football teams. That, and having to put up with the sash and rebel songs from their brain donor fans, it's a pronounced no from me.

This is the 4th  or 5th attempt at offering a reconstruction proposal in just over a 2 months, the earlier ones had the look of being 'prepared' on the back of a cigarette packet in about 10 minutes, this does not seem to have had as much thought put into it and perhaps the cigarette packet was done away with as well.

That this is the level of consideration being given to improving the long term future of Scottish football is astounding. I can only hope that my club and the other wee teams who are being treated as irrelevant to save Hearts and kowtow to the ugly sisters will vote against this proposal.

There's no place for reserve teams in a professional/semi-professional league structure. It's unfair and disrespectful to the first teams in the lower divisions. The colt teams will not magically blood a load of future world class players.

Having said that, I have no issue with reserve teams at the recreational level, where it's all about the players, not the clubs.