Old Firm Colts in L2

One thing you can rely on in this country is that our approach to youth football goes through fazes. Take the money on offer, hopefully get a decent league system, suck it up for a few years and there will be another "forward thinker" with a plan about development leagues saving our game in 2018

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Here's a tricky scenario - clubs in SPFL 2 or Lowland League get offered a payment of say £25k/£30k from some Central pot to allow these 2 sides in. If SPFL 2 sides turn it down then Lowland League clubs have bonus funding giving them all an improved chance of relegating and replacing an existing SPFL 2 side.

Not a tricky situation at all. Hopefully the other clubs will have the backbone to stand up to such a blatant bit of bribery even if Cowden don't. 

2 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

One thing you can rely on in this country is that our approach to youth football goes through fazes. Take the money on offer, hopefully get a decent league system, suck it up for a few years and there will be another "forward thinker" with a plan about development leagues saving our game in 2018

I don't even think they are really bothered about saving Scottish Football just looking after themselves as per the usual with the Old Firm.

CC's theory has a pretty big flaw in it anyway. Whether or not OF 'B' teams would bring meaningfully more exposure and money to LL, he speaks as if there would be no downside on the other hand. There clearly would be. Firstly space would have to be made for these 'B' teams, perhaps at the expense of a couple of existing clubs who've invested in the grounds, licences and so on. Secondly you'd have these 'B' teams going for promotion... they want into SPFL2 after all, presumably beyond... which would see them in the playoffs not existing clubs. Thirdly their promotion would mean existing clubs like Cowdenbeath, Stirling Albion or whoever dropping down and thus making it permanently harder to get up from then on.

I know the world is full of cocks, doesn't mean we need to appoint one as our performance director.
well we have, so you will just have to put up with it, anyway way we have a cock as national coach, a cock in charge of the SPFL and a cock at the head of the SFA

CC's theory has a pretty big flaw in it anyway. Whether or not OF 'B' teams would bring meaningfully more exposure and money to LL, he speaks as if there would be no downside on the other hand. There clearly would be. Firstly space would have to be made for these 'B' teams, perhaps at the expense of a couple of existing clubs who've invested in the grounds, licences and so on. Secondly you'd have these 'B' teams going for promotion... they want into SPFL2 after all, presumably beyond... which would see them in the playoffs not existing clubs. Thirdly their promotion would mean existing clubs like Cowdenbeath, Stirling Albion or whoever dropping down and thus making it permanently harder to get up from then on.

Don't see this big flaw - the Lowland League could easily expand to accommodate another 2 clubs not rocket science at all; they want their young players to play v 'men' that is the point so as in old 'C' Division they could be ineligible for promotion but still meet their goal of playing against more experienced pros (the highest finishing non-Colt team could still go into play off not a difficult rule to amend); as before the colts teams wouldn't go up at all.

The real point I was making is that instead of knee-jerk one dimensional opposition all the angles need considered if it is to be resisted thus not just SPFL vote needs considered but also Lowland League voting when lobbying agin it.

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Just out of interested would you be more amenable to the idea if the Colts were put in say an LL2 or an equivalent restructure?

Just out of interested would you be more amenable to the idea if the Colts were put in say an LL2 or an equivalent restructure?

No not really Colts are Colts and play Colts in League football. Reserves play reserves. Development sides play development sides. Juniors play juniors. Seniors play seniors. That is logical and how I think it should be when you play in Leagues.

well we have, so you will just have to put up with it, anyway way we have a cock as national coach, a cock in charge of the SPFL and a cock at the head of the SFA

I don't know what you mean by "just have to put up with it"?So I just shouldn't have an opinion on it because there's nothing I can do about it?No bother chief.

7 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well obviously the architects of the plan and their clubs are pretty likely to

OK, I'll rephrase. Why would anybody who has Scottish lower league football's best interest at heart, bribery aside, think this is a good idea?

3 hours ago, ecto said:

Surely the man is entitled to a 2nd chance, if not what kind of society have we become?

I keep hearing people saying this. Mackay got his second chance at Wigan after Cardiff punted him. He failed. Pretty catastrophically.

We're now giving him a third chance in a role where he's almost a poster boy for our national FA. The messages that sends out angers me as much as the 'B Teams' idea.

I don't know what you mean by "just have to put up with it"?So I just shouldn't have an opinion on it because there's nothing I can do about it?No bother chief.

Och away and not be so precious,you don't like the MacKay appointment, I get it