Old Firm Colts in L2

Good to hear Stenny would not back the current proposals, a bit concerned to hear broadly in favour of B Teams, in what context would they be in favour as it leaves the question open. Personally still dead against any B-Team involvement in the actual leagues if they want to have a actual B-Team/Reserve league then they can please themselves.

20 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Good to hear Stenny would not back the current proposals, a bit concerned to hear broadly in favour of B Teams, in what context would they be in favour as it leaves the question open. Personally still dead against any B-Team involvement in the actual leagues if they want to have a actual B-Team/Reserve league then they can please themselves.

We might not like it, but if they have a compliant ground, an independent finance model, a clearly defined pool and start in the lowest division, could they be stopped?

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We might not like it, but if they have a compliant ground, an independent finance model, a clearly defined pool and start in the lowest division, could they be stopped?

No team should have more than one place in the league. With what you mention do you see any restriction on how far up the system these sides could go & if able to throw money at it could certain clubs given time just not enter more teams until in theory they could have one in each league. Still think its not a case of could they be stopped its a case of they must be stopped

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

No team should have more than one place in the league. With what you mention do you see any restriction on how far up the system these sides could go & if able to throw money at it could certain clubs given time just not enter more teams until in theory they could have one in each league. Still think its not a case of could they be stopped its a case of they must be stopped

The ones I mentioned are the bare minimum of hurdles that they should jump, others could be added. I don't think a rule exists to stop them entering at the bottom.

Just back in from a supporters meeting at Ochilview and I'm pleased to report the Stenhousemuir FC board will reject the proposal for colt teams. While they're broadly in favour of B-teams and trying something new, the current proposals don't make a lick of sense and, other than the £15,000 payment, there is not a single benefit to the club of the rest of the division. We spent most of the evening picking the whole thing apart - when you strip down the proposal, it really is a load of crap.

It's good news your knocking it back for now. Unfortunately 'broadly in favour' suggests your joining Cowdenbeath in the 'want a bigger bribe' club

It's good news your knocking it back for now. Unfortunately 'broadly in favour' suggests your joining Cowdenbeath in the 'want a bigger bribe' club

The only Cowden fanny is acceptance of the idea was Cowden Cowboy, the apparent board member. As far as I know they are against it.

It's incredible reading some of the ignorant 'views' on this from fans who don't give a shit about football at our level.

There is a worrying (when I say worrying, I mean worrying for the human race that people are so fucking thick) amount of people arguing about crowds going up etc.

Someone is actually trying to argue that a crowd of 389 at Dumbarton v Rangers Colts is good news for teams like Cowden who have an average crowd of less than this as it proves their attendances would go up. It is one of the most absurd comparisons I have ever seen, it's not even clutching at straws, it's just sheer stupidity.

This is obviously just one example. I feel for the most part (there are some exceptions) this argument has two sides. On one side, there are people using logic, reason and fact to argue against this while on the other side there are people using ridiculous, bollocks arguments (at best, unproven arguments) like 'well it benefits Spain' and 'aye but crowds would go up and the wee clubs would be happier' etc.

I don't like calling people who have different opinions to me thick as it shows a lack of tolerance for others; but frankly with this shite I am intolerant of others. I am intolerant of stupid c***s ignoring the facts and trying to argue for something that there simply isn't a factual argument for.

Edited by SimonLichtie

I'm late to this party, and it's probably already been pointed out, but if the assumption is that the "colt" teams would be away while the "A" team is at home, then what on earth makes people think this will increase attendances when the "A" teams can't even fill their home stadium.

"Celtic are playing at home today, fancy going?"
"Nah"
"Here, look, the "B" team is playing away at Stirling"
"Better get a move on or we'll miss kick-off"

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

I'm late to this party, and it's probably already been pointed out, but if the assumption is that the "colt" teams would be away while the "A" team is at home, then what on earth makes people think this will increase attendances when the "A" teams can't even fill their home stadium.

"Celtic are playing at home today, fancy going?"
"Nah"
"Here, look, the "B" team is playing away at Stirling"
"Better get a move on or we'll miss kick-off"

Other matchday costs as well need to be factored in. Clyde would need to pay extra stewarding and rent if the facilities at least four times more. I’d guesstimate that’s around £6k-£7k alone.

I haven’t had a response from our chairman yet which is disappointing. We have a Q&A with Danny Lennon next week so will ask his thoughts then. 

7 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

The only Cowden fanny is acceptance of the idea was Cowden Cowboy, the apparent board member. As far as I know they are against it.

Some people are really thick !!   For the third time I am saying that the Club have last week rejected this amended proposal - unanimously.  This was confirmed on the official website .  CC really has wooshed the idiot faction :1eye

Some people are really thick !!   For the third time I am saying that the Club have last week rejected this amended proposal - unanimously.  This was confirmed on the official website .  CC really has wooshed the idiot faction :1eye

CC hasn’t done anything, except look like an idiot himself

Emailed Dundee about their views but sadly not have any response from anyone.

Looking at the replies to Craig G Telfer's tweet regarding Stenny, a lot of Rangers and Celtic fans complaining about it being shortsighted etc. for the league 2 clubs to reject it. Particularly enjoy the person who said that football at that level is pointless anyway so why can't we just put our colt teams in it. Startling lack of awareness that people outside of the bigot brothers enjoy football in this country as well. 

Edited by Netan Sansara