Old Firm Colts in L2

37 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I didn't say it was.

My point is there'll be quite a few professional coaches who support the idea, especially higher up the divisions. In my experience they look at football very differently from supporters and won't have the same moral objections.

Directors will be more inclined to think of the bottom line than morality as well.

This is true in many cases 😏

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you just being contrary for the sake of it? It's an opinion I'm expressing an opinion based on my experience of the coaches and directors I know. I didn't say all. 

Eta. There's a director on here who is morally opposed, good for him.

More than one!

31 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you just being contrary for the sake of it? It's an opinion I'm expressing an opinion based on my experience of the coaches and directors I know. I didn't say all. 

Eta. There's a director on here who is morally opposed, good for him.

And there are patently many supporters who back the idea 

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

And there are patently many supporters who back the idea 

Do you really think there are many? I think there might be a silent majority who don't care, but I'd say the most active group of supporters are against it.

As @parsforlife alluded, Rangers and Celtic supporters would support anthrax being put in the water supply of their clubs proposed it.

40 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you really think there are many? I think there might be a silent majority who don't care, but I'd say the most active group of supporters are against it.

As @parsforlife alluded, Rangers and Celtic supporters would support anthrax being put in the water supply of their clubs proposed it.

It isn’t difficult to see many supporters who are in favour -on here you pretty much have a self selecting group so it is maybe a bit groupthink.  And Rangers and Celtic certainly have large fanbases many who clearly support the idea even if they only have a vague grasp of the many issues involved.  The Old Firm also do have a fair number of reasonable fans 

10 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

Celtic just signed Bosun Lawal from Watford to play for their colts team this season.

He is Irish. I thought the (supposed) point of this was to help develop players for the Scotland national team?

Celtic are developing players for their national team...