Old Firm Colts in L2

4 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I presume that is not £290,000 for each of five seasons? ie £1,450,000 but rather £290,000 spread over five seasons

From The Athletic:

Clubs would need to make a five-year commitment to maintaining their position at an expense of £290,000 each year

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

From The Athletic:

So when it says £290,000 per club it means £290,000 for each of celtic and rangers? I cant believe that they are prepared to pay a total of £290,000 x 20 ie nearly Six million pounds each season

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

So when it says £290,000 per club it means £290,000 for each of celtic and rangers? I cant believe that they are prepared to pay a total of £290,000 x 20 ie nearly Six million pounds each season

I assumed it meant that Celtic and Rangers would each agree to pay £290,000 a year and this money would be split between the other SPFL clubs.

A bribe in other words. Nothing more, nothing less.

there would be no relegation from League Two for the next three years... while the top two teams in League One would be automatically promoted next season and the top two teams in League Two would be automatically promoted the next two years to create space for the new clubs joining the leagues.

Two B teams would then be added into League Two to form a 12-12-10-10 structure at the start of the 2022/23 season. The winners of the Highland and Lowland Leagues would then be added to League Two for the 2023/24 season and again the following season to provide the numbers needed to form the 12-12-12-12 set-up for 2024/25 season.

That doesn't add-up.

It implies no promotion from LL & HL next season (except Rangers B + Celtic B).

What's everyone playing for?

Meanwhile this:

for the team relegated from League Two there would be a parachute payment for team relegated. If the SPFL side won the play-off however the sum would split equally between Highland & Lowland League winners.

implies that after having no relegation whatsoever for 2 or 3 years, and having expanding from 42 to 48, there is still just 1 playoff afoot SPFL2?

25 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

That doesn't add-up.

Meanwhile this:

implies that after having no relegation whatsoever for 2 or 3 years, and having expanding from 42 to 48, there is still just 1 playoff afoot SPFL2?

It does add up from the Rangers & Celtic pov of pandering for votes from the other SPFL clubs. It's also been said that the SPFL would review their entry criteria.

This isn't about opening up the pyramid and making it more fluid. It's about the 'B' teams getting and doing whatever it takes to win the votes to do it.

So no playoffs and no relegation? What's there to play for if you're not challenging for titles? Oh and if there no promotion from LL or HL next season to allow the arsecheek B teams in, I'd expect the HL to be well pissed off at the LL for encouraging them. L1 would be boring as f**k for 3 seasons.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

That doesn't add-up.

Meanwhile this:

Your pals at the Lowland League should have thought about such scenarios when they let them in, looks like their willing to shit on you at the first chance.

Thought the integrity of the spfl would be promotion and relegation, a pathway for the HL and LL champions  to move upwards. Tell the clubs to sort their academies and get it working, I've seen the dross of reserve football, not a pretty sight. Think the clubs and the league are finished IF the OF get their way.

10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Your pals at the Lowland League should have thought about such scenarios when they let them in, looks like their willing to shit on you at the first chance.

Since we know George Fraser was on the Working Group involved with this proposal, it does leave me wondering how of the LL members saw it during the meetings to vote on OF Colts inclusion?

Because even though the SPFL2 Play-off is on the fixture list. It does look like the OF are trying to get it scrapped with this proposal the way it has been reported.

14 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

So no playoffs and no relegation? What's there to play for if you're not challenging for titles? Oh and if there no promotion from LL or HL next season to allow the arsecheek B teams in, I'd expect the HL to be well pissed off at the LL for encouraging them. L1 would be boring as f**k for 3 seasons.

I would think at least one HL club will be prepared to challenge this ridiculous scenario if it ever gets off the ground. 

Without even reading it, it'll be £290,000 per year split between the lower league clubs. That's the same proposal they floated last time. They can't afford to pay each club £290,000 to keep their reserves warm.

Am I right in thinking that they're attaching a load of changes that lower league clubs might want, but that could easily be implemented without the B teams being added, with the unspoken understanding that Celtgers will block them all unless they get their way? Thanks again for that, Aberdeen.

I emailed DAFC to ask if they were against the proposals and I am concerned by the non-answer I received in reply.

As usual the Scottish media blow these things up before clubs even have the chance to review the SFA proposals. There is more to this than just colt teams there are a number of things that could potentially benefit DAFC.

As ever, any decision the DAFC board take will be first and foremost in the interests of our club.