Old Firm Colts in L2

20 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I know a few supporters who have contacted their clubs, as have I.

we need to get them to work against the positive spin that the media will put on this. The clubs can’t be silent on this 

Too late. The chuckle brothers would probably threaten legal action now.

16 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If Brora can get a play off place with 3 games then anything is possible. 

Who should've got the HL's play off place instead?

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Who should've got the HL's play off place instead?

No one. Am I being unreasonable?

Who will get the LL place next year if one of the OF colts win it? As a matter of interest, are the LL operating promotion and relegation this year internally?

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

Who will get the LL place next year if one of the OF colts win it? As a matter of interest, are the LL operating promotion and relegation this year internally?

So it should've just been Brechin v Kelty?

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We don't know.

They might nominate the team that came 2nd, but there's a fair chance that SPFLL2 will tell them to bolt in that situation.

1 hour ago, Caledonian said:

This whole episode will work against Rangers and Celtic. Saturday's Daily Mail spoke about a potential situation where young Old Firm players are getting 'man of the match' awards at, typically, Dalbeattie. The point being made was that this would hardly lead to a call-up to the squad for a Champions League match. 

LL Manager of the month goes to Rangers/Celtic.....Undefeated in August, the highlight being the clean sheet in the 47-0 win against Portobello Jube Jubes.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I thought they couldn't win it, and that all their games were 'friendlies' with no points available?

But the question is valid for the season after when things inevitably change.

13 hours ago, Left Back said:

Why is abstaining the same as voting against?

Kelty believe in a couple of weeks it will be beneath them and not affect their promotion prospects  They’re clearly playing both sides here.  Pretending to be good guys while actually being wanks.

Which is exactly why Brechin need to win the play offs.  For the greater good. 

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Which is exactly why Brechin need to win the play offs.  For the greater good. 

What greater good? Brechin right now are one of the bad guys. All true Brechin fans should be moving heaven and earth to get the Board to disavow their earlier ill judgement, preferably before the play offs.

Just now, Blue Brazil Forever said:

What greater good? Brechin right now are one of the bad guys. All true Brechin fans should be moving heaven and earth to get the Board to disavow their earlier ill judgement, preferably before the play offs.

Not one Brechin fan I know agreed with that colts statement and it was quickly retracted by the committee. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Not one Brechin fan I know agreed with that colts statement and it was quickly retracted by the committee. 

I don’t remember reading anything to the effect of it being retracted. Would be delighted to be proved wrong.

17 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

I don’t remember reading anything to the effect of it being retracted. Would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Read the  club statement on the website. No mention at all of colts. 😉

The statement came out to explain the club's stance after the letter was leaked to the press. 

Bonnyrigg Rose seem to have approached this the right way.  Polled their fans who overwhelmingly rejected the idea.  they then remained silent during the discussion with Rangers and Celtic as they'd already had the decision made for them.  A couple of good statement on their website.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Read the  club statement on the website. No mention at all of colts. 😉

The statement came out to explain the club's stance after the letter was leaked to the press. 

I wouldn’t take no mention of colts as a retraction at all. You would think if it was false they would have clarified it.