Old Firm Colts in L2

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Being chairman of the Lowland league and MD of BSC are two complete different entities. He has a job to do as chairman of the Lowland league and is trying.

As far as I'm aware the clubs have to vote to see if they will let the Colts teams in or not for One Season only, brining in money for the association.  So the association clubs are the ones who will decide, I don't get all the moaning.  If the clubs say no then the colts don't get in, if the clubs say yes then they get in and LL receives money, badly needed money.  Its not rocket science and it isn't going to make a difference right now because no WOSFL, SOSFL or ESOFL team are going to the LL anyway as all leagues ended up null and void this season.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Very few people are buying the one year idea.

a) A one year pilot will prove nothing.

b) It will be a foothold to establish the principle of inclusion of reserves.

c) The clubs hoping to enter the league aren't doing it for the betterment of anyone but themselves. Including other reasons is window dressing.

d) It's Rangers and Celtic and I fucking hate them.

I never asked if anyone was buying into it, think quite a lot are against the idea.
But I'm saying its being put to the clubs, which I'm sure its supposed to do. If the clubs say no and the LL committee override that then that is wrong.

a) A one year pilot will prove nothing.  -   I think regarding point a, i believe the lowland league find it easier to put them in this coming season as it wont affect the league, i.e no SOSFL,WOSFL or EOSFL teams can come up, so its bringing the Colts team in with a view of making money for it for one season.  (I will say, what's happening to the bottom teams this season in the LL, are they being relegated or not,  that's what I'm unsure of ?)

b) It will be a foothold to establish the principle of inclusion of reserves. - Yip agree but then simply change the constitution, (with a vote from all clubs) to make sure after this coming season that no team can buy their way in and that they start at the bottom of the league in their area whether that's tier 9, tier 10 or tier 11

c) The clubs hoping to enter the league aren't doing it for the betterment of anyone but themselves. Including other reasons is window dressing.  have to admit that does make me laugh, every single team thinks of themselves, every last one.  But sure LL teams playing against the best of the talented youths in Scottish Football, how can those players not learn on both sides.

d) It's Rangers and Celtic and I fucking hate them. - that's your prerogative and thousands are with you on that, moi, i don't give a flying feck and don't care who wins the premier I'm too busy enjoying football at this level

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Being chairman of the Lowland league and MD of BSC are two complete different entities. He has a job to do as chairman of the Lowland league and is trying.

As far as I'm aware the clubs have to vote to see if they will let the Colts teams in or not for One Season only, brining in money for the association.  So the association clubs are the ones who will decide, I don't get all the moaning.  If the clubs say no then the colts don't get in, if the clubs say yes then they get in and LL receives money, badly needed money.  Its not rocket science and it isn't going to make a difference right now because no WOSFL, SOSFL or ESOFL team are going to the LL anyway as all leagues ended up null and void this season.

Just go back to page one of this thread.. The Colts admission to the SPFL has now been around for almost 5 years and during that time the idea has been resolutely and repeatedly rejected officially by member clubs and by most fans who continue to make their objections very clear. Throughout, the Old Firm arguments and tactics, ranging from the supposed support of the SFA/SPL, threats, bribes and other forms of inducement aimed at the top 42 clubs and specifically at those in League 2. Following the last comprehensive rejection, the latest approach, For one season only, has now been submitted to Lowland League clubs supposedly with the blessing of the SFA/SPFL.. Rod Petrie, currently President of the SFA , has issued a statement condemning the timing of the submission and the inaccuracies (i.e lies) contained in it.

I do hope the LL Clubs do heed all the "moaning"from the Presidernt of the SFA down. If the LL Clubs do vote to accept the Colts and thereby to amend the existing agreed pyramid structure, then I for one will be pressing my club to vote to exclude the Lowland League from the present system. This would include Kelty who are currently still an LL Club.

18 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Just go back to page one of this thread.. The Colts admission to the SPFL has now been around for almost 5 years and during that time the idea has been resolutely and repeatedly rejected officially by member clubs and by most fans who continue to make their objections very clear. Throughout, the Old Firm arguments and tactics, ranging from the supposed support of the SFA/SPL, threats, bribes and other forms of inducement aimed at the top 42 clubs and specifically at those in League 2. Following the last comprehensive rejection, the latest approach, For one season only, has now been submitted to Lowland League clubs supposedly with the blessing of the SFA/SPFL.. Rod Petrie, currently President of the SFA , has issued a statement condemning the timing of the submission and the inaccuracies (i.e lies) contained in it.

I do hope the LL Clubs do heed all the "moaning"from the Presidernt of the SFA down. If the LL Clubs do vote to accept the Colts and thereby to amend the existing agreed pyramid structure, then I for one will be pressing my club to vote to exclude the Lowland League from the present system. This would include Kelty who are currently still an LL Club.

Part of the reason it's one season only is because the Colts are trying for the SPFL again in 2022-23 with this innovation paper. According to the Official Catch Up podcast this proposal also includes automatic promotion and relegation between the SPFL and non-league.

I can therefore see it struggling to pass on two fronts.

Bit disappointing that the only objection there is "what if they get promoted instead of one of us?" but it's better than nothing.

45 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

183853385_305665291135438_84060842367248

An immense statement. Good work from the regional leagues. 

29 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Bit disappointing that the only objection there is "what if they get promoted instead of one of us?" but it's better than nothing.

There’s certainly a lot that can be added, but when they have been so strong in what they have said I find it difficult to critise.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

There’s certainly a lot that can be added, but when they have been so strong in what they have said I find it difficult to critise.

It's more than Alloa have done, so I can't knock it.

53 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The bulk of that section boils down to what if the SPFL try and scrap the SPFL2 Playoff because of this, that will affect us outside the LL.

I've not watch the podcast again but according to twitter this was only confirmed with the SFA, which would explain why the statement only mentions the SPFL. Keep in mind those two organisations had different ideas on how the rules should be interpreted this year.

The SFA appear to have changed their tune as well since then. As before it was a case of the Lowland and Highland had to declare champions and now they can just nominate someone.

10 hours ago, beano said:

the current proposal is nothing to do with the spfl or us league two clubs. if they wanna go in the lowland let them. don't tell me theyre not qualified when there are bloody university teams playing in parks in that league ffs

Aye, Stirling Uni are playing at some shithole called Forthbank.

And they have to share it with some other tinpot amateur club too.

This is claimed to be a one year pilot scheme without promotion, but I think we all can see it being extended and promotion to SPFL added.

League 1 & 2 clubs need to get themselves organised to ensure that their past rejections of Colts teams into SPFL are not manoeuvred aside by promotions from EOSL. A new protocol to the agreement for Tier 4/5 play offs needs to be included to ensure that no Colts team could be proposed for a promotion play off spot by EOSL.

While they're at it, SPFL Competitions Committee can end the pilot permitting Colts team to play in the Challenge Cup along with international invitees. As that cup went into abeyance last season, it may not be too difficult.

20 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

But why not invite 2 teams from WoS, SoS and EoS if they have room for the "colts"?

Just now, beano said:

correct decision. hopefully the likelihood that this isnt just a 1 season thing will give some teams in spfl the much needed kick up the arse they need to take league football seriously my own club included. too many in the lower rungs who are happy plodding along ! 

Why hold back?  Go full Anne Budge.  Scrap all the part time teams and replace them with colt teams from the full time clubs.