Old Firm Colts in L2

On 14/04/2021 at 13:48, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Two of the absolutely worst players I've ever seen in Falkirk strips were on loan from the OF.

Jason Marr and, especially, Ross Perry.

Absolute haddies. I know Marr went on to do ok for Alloa, but Perry, jeezo. 

Perry and Marr played together for Albion Rovers the year we got relegated from L1 in 2018. We would’ve been better off with Morrissey and Marr in the centre of defence.

On 14/04/2021 at 13:48, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Two of the absolutely worst players I've ever seen in Falkirk strips were on loan from the OF.

Jason Marr and, especially, Ross Perry.

Absolute haddies. I know Marr went on to do ok for Alloa, but Perry, jeezo. 

He did well in "Friends", though.

On 14/04/2021 at 22:58, edinabear said:

Looks like Edinburgh City colts are joining the pyramid. Seems its fine for them but not the old firm. 

Yup. It's only fair though  Because we're older than The Rangers.

Just shows how corrupt/ruled by the big clubs the world of football is not just Scotland.

Scotland is small fry in comparison, bigger clubs bully smaller clubs everywhere, the proposed Europe league just proves this.

On 15/04/2021 at 11:02, Gordon EF said:

Stranraer and Stirling University already have reserve or 'colt' teams in the pyramid. It's currently permitted and Rangers, or any club, are free to apply to do the same within the current rules.

Stunned that a Rangers fan is uninformed on this topic tbh. 

Absolutely, I'm sure their two applications to the West of Scotland tier 7 conferences would be favourably looked upon.

21 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Just shows how corrupt/ruled by the big clubs the world of football is not just Scotland.

Scotland is small fry in comparison, bigger clubs bully smaller clubs everywhere, the proposed Europe league just proves this.

Yip, got to love Neil Doncaster acting disgusted at the idea of football being monopolised by a small number of clubs.

Think talk of the so called Super League has been going on, behind closed doors, for a while now. Probably coincides with rumours of the OF Colts again, IF the OF had been asked about the Super Lge of course. Just something about modern football that says ' we can buy anything we want' attitude that's sickening. Wonder if every pro club had colts teams in lower leagues ? Frightening.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully this will result in an exciting outcome which is a clear demonstration of the Lowland League leading the way in how to modernise our football structures for the benefit of all.

Absolutely laughable statement. Literally bending over to accommodate Rangers and Celtic B Teams because they've been flashed a bit of cash. Nice to see how easily some clubs in this country can be bought.

Edited by RiG

how much is the cash theyll be getting from them if the colt teams are put in the league there seems to be a big urgency to push them even though theres a clear get to f**k message from the majority of fans from championship downwards