Old Firm Colts in L2

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I feel like the only thing that could maybe sway Prem clubs is if they offer bribes again AND consider expanding the Prem, but they'll never do that. The one thing the 11-1 vote is good for is to make it bloody impossible for this to go through practically complete consensus.

The other Premiership clubs should offer to vote to include the reserve for one club, but not the other. Just to see if they're willing to slit each other's throats, or if they're basically one club anyway, as everyone suspects.

Might be good for a laugh. It's never getting past the smaller clubs anyway. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to start demanding another breakaway top league.

23 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I feel like the only thing that could maybe sway Prem clubs is if they offer bribes again AND consider expanding the Prem, but they'll never do that. The one thing the 11-1 vote is good for is to make it bloody impossible for this to go through practically complete consensus.

Premiership clubs don't want expansion of their own league so that's a non-starter.

The only two groups who could be plausibly bribed are the full-time teams in Championship/League One, and a handful of clubs at the bottom who want to stave off their exit from the national level. There isn't a proposal that meets the self-interest of both groups though, not least as the bigots have now made it all about themselves and so the rest of the Premiership has no reason to grant concessions to the division below for Colt teams.

21 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Can you explain this? I've no idea what it means or how it is relevant to the shite you posted. 

It's common for OF fans in the Premiership forum to claim every part time club is just a "bowling club", with a "bowling club mentality" of just surviving so they've got something social to get up to with their friends, rather than improve themselves.

I'd guess your boy here's mask has just slipped and he's following the same lines.

He'll be back in a week to suggest the OF are the only clubs bothered about youth development and the other clubs in the country are why our National Team is shit.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's common for OF fans in the Premiership forum to claim every part time club is just a "bowling club", with a "bowling club mentality" of just surviving so they've got something social to get up to with their friends, rather than improve themselves.

I'd guess your boy here's mask has just slipped and he's following the same lines.

He'll be back in a week to suggest the OF are the only clubs bothered about youth development and the other clubs in the country are why our National Team is shit.

You've done very well to decipher that. He's not hiding his big team very well.

I don't doubt that some part time clubs do value the social or community aspect more than success on the field but the two aren't mutually exclusive. Quite why this means clubs like Hearts or Dundee United should be shielded from relegation. 

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Hilarious that they can't even get this past their own peers.

See you next year. My prediction for Colts IV: This Time It's Personal is that they'll adopt the stick approach and threaten to stop loaning players to other clubs, not realising (or caring) that they're completely undermining their own bullshit argument.

How will all we ever cope with them loaning us their shite youth players who actively make the side worse and look like lost boys playing against fellow professionals?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

How will all we ever cope with them loaning us their shite youth players who actively make the side worse and look like lost boys playing against fellow professionals?

You mean, "stars of the future accruing experience to fulfil their limitless potential", right?

Always delighted to see one of our former loanees go on to big things, BTW. Had a wee quiet cheer to myself when Scott McKenna came on for Scotland last month. I'm sure that would be true with the Celtgers players too, but I can't think of any.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Two of the absolutely worst players I've ever seen in Falkirk strips were on loan from the OF.

Jason Marr and, especially, Ross Perry.

Absolute haddies. I know Marr went on to do ok for Alloa, but Perry, jeezo. 

We've had so many players that have apparently been pish elsewhere, but did well for us at the same level. The Morton fans were all over our threads for a while after Iain Flannigan joined because he was rubbish; caught one of them mentioning him as one of the best players in the Championship last season, and he'd be a contender in an all-time best Alloa player poll now.

Been missing the days of Ben Gordon and Jason Marr this season  :(

There should be a rule that when the first ball of the season has been kicked there can be no reconstruction until the end of the following season.

Thus to get the colts in for 2022/23 this would need agreed before the first kick of 2021/22  otherwise they would need to wait until 2023/24. it stops everyone just voting as it suits their team at that point in time.

There should be no changes to next season.

5 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

There should be a rule that when the first ball of the season has been kicked there can be no reconstruction until the end of the following season.

Thus to get the colts in for 2022/23 this would need agreed before the first kick of 2021/22  otherwise they would need to wait until 2023/24. it stops everyone just voting as it suits their team at that point in time.

There should be no changes to next season.

During my lifetime, Scottish football has done a lot of last-minute fannying about, or even completely changing the rules during the season. It's infuriating, and steps should absolutely be taken to prevent it happening, outside of situations like the current one, where the playing of matches has been restricted.

I don't know how the chairmen and blazers think this makes them look anything other than woefully incompetent and prone to panic.

9 hours ago, edinabear said:

Looks like Edinburgh City colts are joining the pyramid. Seems its fine for them but not the old firm. 

If true, what level are they going in at?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think edinabear has ever said anything that's true. 

There is the rumour that Edinburgh City are looking to enter a reserve side in the EoSFL and passed the sift of applicants. It has been said to be an attempt to secure Meadowbank usage for themselves more than anything. Nothing official has been said though and much like Colts, they will have to get past a membership vote if true.

It hasn't even been confirmed that they are interested and they went past the sifting by the EOS board. So far they are only rumours (although admittedly quite strong rumours). But even then, as FWF pointed out, they will still have to be voted in by the membership. I think it's quite unlikely for them to actually get in.

11 hours ago, edinabear said:

Looks like Edinburgh City colts are joining the pyramid. Seems its fine for them but not the old firm. 

I actually don't have a problem with that as long as it's from the bottom. If the OF want to put an application into the WoSFL from the bottom, they're more than welcome to.

Ps I still think colt teams are shite

Edited by the jambo-rocker

12 hours ago, edinabear said:

Stranraer and Stirling University already have reserve or 'colt' teams in the pyramid. It's currently permitted and Rangers, or any club, are free to apply to do the same within the current rules.

Stunned that a Rangers fan is uninformed on this topic tbh. 

10 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Stranraer and Stirling University already have reserve or 'colt' teams in the pyramid. It's currently permitted and Rangers, or any club, are free to apply to do the same within the current rules.

Stunned that a Rangers fan is uninformed on this topic tbh. 

Caledonian Braves also have a team in the SoS. All 2nd XI teams are barred under the Lowland League rules which do not permit more than one team at Professional Game Board level.

On 13/04/2021 at 10:20, Passionate said:

The problem  I have with the  ' Colts teams in L2' is it will screw up the already screwed up pyramid systen....

What I would change is the loan process,   look at your L1 teams for example  who are dead against,  Falkirk have 4 rangers co!ts in there side,  Thistle have had 4 rangers Colts this season,   League above qos have 3 rangers colts,  Inverness and Dunfy have a splattering.

if there are so against them, why fall over themselves, to sign them.

what I would propose is old firm Colts can only go on loan to League 2 clubs only, Maximum of 4 per club,  this would let these players " cut their teeth' and play in a competitive environment......  I

I look forward to constructive responses..

I imagine it's better for Rangers Colts to be at full time Championship clubs on loan in terms of full time training etc.

QoS train at Hamilton,so easy for the central belt players.

(Although i'd much prefer we signed our own blooming players rather than being a dumping ground for Junior Sevconians)