Old Firm Colts in L2

Davy Provan today in The Sun showing he has his finger firmly on the pulse -

"Is it any wonder League Two has become the land that time forgot?  Including Old Firm colt teams in an expanded set-up would bring cash, crowds, sponsorship and renewed interest in a league that needs 30,000 volts through it."

No wonder Scottish football is fucked with arseholes like this.  I for one can't wait to see all ticket matches involving the colts due to demand. You will remember all the sell out games in the Challenge Cup whenever a Colt team was playing. Welcome to Nirvana - I'd like to put 30000 volts up his arse.

Edited by Hard Graft

8 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

"Is it any wonder League Two has become the land that time forgot?  Including Old Firm colt teams in an expanded set-up would bring cash, crowds, sponsorship and renewed interest in a league that needs 30,000 volts through it."

No wonder Scottish football is fucked with arseholes like this.  I for one can't wait to see all ticket matches involving the colts due to demand. You will remember all the sell out games in the Challenge Cup whenever a Colt team was playing. Welcome to Nirvana - I'd like to put 30000 volts up his arse.

Just blatant lies from another Celtgers shill.

Guest The Phoenix

Strikes me that every media hack’s attempt to stir up enthusiasm for Colts Teams results in having entirely the opposite effect. 🤷‍♂️

Irony off the chart, League 2 is not the land that time forgot it’s the land the press ignore along with League 1, the Championship and every team outside the Old Firm. How shocking they’d suddenly give a shit if two teams called Rangers and Celtic were in it! Quelle surprise.

2 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

Strikes me that every media hack’s attempt to stir up enthusiasm for Colts Teams results in having entirely the opposite effect. 🤷‍♂️

The strategy seems to be to lie about the supposed benefits, denigrate anything that the lower leagues are currently doing, tell everyone that it's a wildly popular idea, and that it's just fucking happening so you'd better get used to it.

It's about time the diddies started pushing back with actual sensible ideas for the reform of Scottish football. Almost all would centre around limiting the influence of the biggest teams and going back to a fairer distribution of income, and it would be delightful to see the searing meltdowns from the folk at the top of the game.

Unless teams are forced to play kids, they won't, so the charade of this being to bring on kids for the Scotland team is pish. They spend untold millions on youth academies in England but spunk their TV cash on foreign imports, with some teams struggling to play even one English born player. You probably couldn't muster an English XI from the top four sides in the English Premier.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

f**k this guy.

See if you really wanted to put 30k volts through League 2 - you’d put an automatic relegation spot and a playoff spot into it. That would be a sure way to increase the competitiveness of the league and it would give ambitious teams further down the pyramid system more chance to progress up the leagues. It’s such a simple answer yet p***ks like Provan think the answer is Old Firm colts. A completely deluded arsehole.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's about time the diddies started pushing back with actual sensible ideas for the reform of Scottish football. Almost all would centre around limiting the influence of the biggest teams and going back to a fairer distribution of income, and it would be delightful to see the searing meltdowns from the folk at the top of the game.

They could chuck out the Old Firm and let them set up the Glasgow equivalent of the two team Scillies league 😉

If only there was a way to increase the size of the Highland/Lowland Leagues and implement greater promotion and relegation without Celtgers B teams.

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So his last sentence says the Lowland League supports it?

Sounds like it's anything for extra representation in the SPFL.

You could argue that they're probably trying to force the wee clubs into accepting more movement between their league and League Two, which is fair, and I think something that most people who aren't club chairmen want to see happen. But their opinion is irrelevant for this vote.

Ideally, you'd like a different proposal to be put forward to increase the size of League Two and implement proper promotion/relegation from the LL/HL, as that issue has hee-haw to do with giving Celtgers reserves a wee run out every week.

What do we make of the notion that highland league teams don’t want to join the SPFL? Is that an urban myth? Their performance in playoffs consistently poor so far but I thinking if they didn’t want the pyramid they wouldn’t have gone with it. Lot of travelling for some of them if they were to get in

Don't want this to make it look like I support this bullshit btw

We should make ask our reps to add a caveat to the plan - if you want Colts that's fine, but you have to have six of your starting XI who are "graduates" of the colt side. I'd imagine the plan would be quietly shelved...

9 minutes ago, true fan said:

What do we make of the notion that highland league teams don’t want to join the SPFL? Is that an urban myth? Their performance in playoffs consistently poor so far but I thinking if they didn’t want the pyramid they wouldn’t have gone with it. Lot of travelling for some of them if they were to get in

There have only been 5 Play-offs. They've won one, contested two more finals and knocked out in the Semi finals twice. Other than the blow out Cove Rangers suffered to Edinburgh City the aggregate scores have come down to a one goal difference.

Brora Rangers have been quite vocal about contesting the Play-off since being denied the chance last year. They've only competed in one play-off so far and were heavily rumoured to not want to get promoted. Yet on the field they got to the Final, won the first leg and went into the 2nd half of the 2nd leg drawing 1-1 giving them a 2-1 lead on agg. They'd get someone sent off early in the 2nd half and Montrose clawed it back. So unless some people made a killing at the bookies, they were trying to win it.

The Highland only have a handful of teams that would plan to challenge for the title, which means they're the only ones that have to worry about playing SPFL football. A 16 team league would be more attractive than the 10 at the very least.

5 minutes ago, true fan said:

There was a lot of opposition in HL circles at the time of the Pyramid System proposals. They were basically told that if they wanted to remain part of SFA they would have to go with it. 
At the moment Brora appear to want into Div 2. Apart from them I get the sense that the rest wouldn’t be overly bothered if they did not get in. 
Brora included,  I don’t see how the HL clubs with their population bases, will have the finances for a sustained stay in the SFL, unless of course they find a multi millionaire willing to spend his money on them.