Old Firm Colts in L2

20 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

IF a feeder structure is established in the Highlands which additional teams might challenge for the league?  Banks? 

Assuming we use the normal Scottish football definition of “ambition” meaning ‘some c**t gives them a load of money’ then literally any of the Highland teams could challenge for the league.

Anyway, on topic, colts can f**k right off. A dreadful idea pursued exclusively by arseholes. As with quite a few others, I think I’d stop bothering with Scottish football if it happens, even though my club are unlikely to share a league with them.

21 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

I hope it is that easy, and sustainable.

I have no idea of your funding arrangements but I do remember Mr Mileston of Gretna, and others involved say that the money was safe, even if he became ill - he did, and it wasn't.  A horrible situation for a club to end up in after all the promises and dreams.

I'm sure QP will be different though.

Take it you didn't bother reading my post on this thread (a few posts before yours)  which explained them? 

You also made the same comparisons with Gretna in November on the Elgin v QP match thread and it was all explained to you back then

On 10/02/2021 at 08:46, true fan said:

And if hibs and hearts want colt teams in the league? Surely resistance would not just come from smaller clubs. Why would premier league teams stand back and let the old firm develop young players in ways not open to them as well? Hope this issue does not emerge again (beyond forum trolling) 

We have a situation where one team wanted the League rules changed for them to be able to withdraw from the first game of the season to play in friendlies or to go on winter trips. If two of them want something enough, they'll get their way.

I think its a great idea much needed funds for L2 teams and will open up the pyramid system for ambitious LL & HL teams, the current format is heavily in favour of L2 teams happy to cling on to their league status, which for me needs to change.
I follow the HL but ultimately it will be LL and some current WOSL teams who will come to the fore if this proposal gets the go-ahead in the long term
Much needed funds? By losing 3 home games a season? Right....

DESTROYED LOWER LEAGUE TEAMS WHEN "B" & C" DIVISION WAS AROUND. DISPITE SHIRE BEING REASONABLY GOOD CROWDS FELL AS FANS WANTED TO SEE REAL TEAMS & NOT RESERVE TEAMS. IF THE GRUESOME 2 SUM HAD THEIR WAY THERE FIRST TEAM WOULD BY IN EUROPEAN LGE / ENG PREMIER WHILE RESERVE IN SCO TIER 1. 

Get this idea so far into the sea. Let’s talk about more promotion and relegation or whether bigger leagues are better or worse than smaller leagues. Colt teams can GTF and should be banned at every level of Senior Football, 1 club, 1 team. That goes for Stirling Uni and Stranraer too. We’ve finally got a pyramid up and running now we need to work out how to include the ERJFA (Tayside), North Juniors and NCL. Then we can look at what format is best and start raising any trap doors and glass ceilings so the clubs find their level.

Rangers and Celtic don’t give a shit about the Lower leagues or the Scottish National team and any Colt idea will be to benefit them. The crowds they claim are a myth look at the Challenge Cup attendances for proof. They’d happily leave the SPFL in a heartbeat if the EPL or a Euro league was an option.

Don’t drink the Old Firm Kool-Aid

4 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

The general concept seems to work well in other leagues in Europe. Is it because it’s Rangers and Celtic we are against it in this country?

Nope.

Read back through the thread if you want a longer answer than that and really, really hate yourself  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Don't be so fucking naïve.  have a read through the rest of the thread ya muppet.

As previously stated, I’ll save myself that particular torture, thanks for the advice though.

6 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

The general concept seems to work well in other leagues in Europe. Is it because it’s Rangers and Celtic we are against it in this country?

I don’t think it’s a good idea. But if we are going to do it, let’s do it properly. Why should two teams get special treatment?  Oh I forgot, football in this country is run entirely to their benefit. 

There’s a Dutch guy who posts on here who disputes this and says it’s been a terrible addition to their league. Rangers and Celtic won’t help it as they’re universally disliked and let’s be honest believing they’re doing it benefits anyone but themselves is a stretch as they’ve molded Scottish football to ensure they call the shots and keep the cash. How long until most of the Colts are foreign.

Colts in general devalue the league they’re in and turn fans off watching as they don’t want to see their club against a youth team, see the drop in turn out for Colt team games in the challenge cup. We’ve got 100+ teams in the Pyramid but the Colts want to jump that queue. Colt teams have no fans and claims that Rangers and Celtic fans will watch them are a myth (see Challenge Cup attendances for proof). They might turn out if they can win something but other than that they’ll not care.

Colts could actually ruin the league they’re in as they’re not playing for promotion once they hit their ceiling and even if they are it’s not their main aim that’s development so they might not always field their best eleven, what happens if 5/10 teams in the division end up as Colts and you end up promoting 6th place in a 10 team league. Essentially I like most fans don’t want to watch my club play against someone’s kids team to help develop players for the top teams. They’ll also want to go from Colts to B teams eventually so they can hoard as many players as possible which will limit the players available to other teams.