Old Firm Colts in L2

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

OK, I'll bite. 

Explain the financial mismanagement currently in progress at Queen's Park. Before you do, please bear in mind that as a member of the club ( ie one of its owners) I actually know how the club's operations - on and off the pitch- are run and funded.

Ok, how is it done?

I think the phrase “work I progress” suggests that queens park’s fortunes haven’t been on a different footing for long and where you end up is uncertain. world is waiting with bated breath to find out whether you will have to accept regular top 6 premier league finishes or can you look at champions league semi finals? I don’t think you will be able to win the champions league

mismanagement seems more likely to refer to Gretna - don’t you think? There is a little clue here - they imploded into oblivion. might also refer to rangers and livingston

Financial  mastermind and highly sensitive soul that you are - calm down dear !

Edited by true fan
Typo

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Population is always a bit of a false argument when looking at the non-league, since the national leagues already have most of the major population centres covered.

If you looked at the SPFL Playoff boundary, then population wise it favours the Lowland area about 4-1. When you look at the non-league first teams (pyramid leagues, NCL, and Juniors) its only a 2-1 advantage to the Lowland.

147 teams in the Lowland League and its feeders vs 17 in the Highland. 12 of 42 SPFL are in the Highland catchment area in the event of relegation.  So the north already over-represented in the SPFL, whether you judge on population or on numbers of professional and semi-professional clubs.  

League  four would be a decent league with the likes of East Kilbride, Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Bo’ness and Spartans as members. And there are several ambitious clubs that will potentially match these in quality when promotions and relegations between the Lowland and its three feeders settle in.  IF a feeder structure is established in the Highlands which additional teams might challenge for the league?  Banks? 

8 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

147 teams in the Lowland League and its feeders vs 17 in the Highland. 12 of 42 SPFL are in the Highland catchment area in the event of relegation.  So the north already over-represented in the SPFL, whether you judge on population or on numbers of professional and semi-professional clubs.  

League  four would be a decent league with the likes of East Kilbride, Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Bo’ness and Spartans as members. And there are several ambitious clubs that will potentially match these in quality when promotions and relegations between the Lowland and its three feeders settle in.  IF a feeder structure is established in the Highlands which additional teams might challenge for the league?  Banks? 

League 4 isn’t happening.  The clubs you mentioned might be ambitious,  but they aren’t interested in playing national league at their current level with little prize money.  What they are interested in is entering the current structure and the reward that brings.

21 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

What a shame they have to actually play football.

Really hope Colt teams never happen in the current Pyramid. If they are going to do it though now is the time when fans aren't in grounds or able to gather to protest. Can only hope there would be same vocalness about opposing the new co Rangers from skipping starting from the bottom. 

Celtic and Rangers think their reserves are too good to play other full time reserves so what why are they so keen on this? They would be using the loan system much more if they thought the lower SPFL leagues were place for their players to develop. 

SPFL though does need to open up. Increase of 6 clubs is fine but make them all from existing clubs and on merit. Surely clubs like Albion Rovers, Brechin, Cowdenbeath must be thinking a few more teams and longer term more promotion slots into the league might help them should relegation which is fairly likely for them in the next few years whatever shape the league looks. They could even be self serving and push for say 2 teams to come in each year for 3 years and in this time have no relegation. 

And if hibs and hearts want colt teams in the league? Surely resistance would not just come from smaller clubs. Why would premier league teams stand back and let the old firm develop young players in ways not open to them as well? Hope this issue does not emerge again (beyond forum trolling) 

16 hours ago, greendot said:

The last thing Queens want is a Gretna situation where there's a short term injection of cash, good times roll, then something happens, the funding isn't there and you're left with crippling debts (extreme i know) and I'm sure as a borad you wouldn't allow that to happen.

I totally agree, that's the last thing we want. That's why, unlike Gretna, one man doesn't own and fund our entire club.  Haughey isn't even on our committee., his donation is exclusively to fund our players' wages and we have a contract with him where he is committed to that for at least the next 8 years. The rest of the club's operations - youth set up, all other wages, etc  -are funded by what we currently have in the bank and what we can obviously generate going forward. Our overall finances were in healthy nick before Haughey's donation. The sale of Hampden has added to that pot, although a large chunk of that is paying for the redevelopment of Lesser Hampden. If we are unable to sustain a full time first team beyond Haughey's involvement then we'll revert to part-time. I''m not on the committee (board), just one of the fans/ members who elect our committee from within our membership. Going full time so soon did take me by surprise but I trust those who we have elected to run the club sensibly and prudently. At all the members' meetings I've attended, the talk from the floor was about aiming for the Championship. We'll see.

21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Win ten Scottish Cups, establish the game in your country, building a feckin massive stadium, and have a local rich guy take a liking to your club. It's that easy.

I hope it is that easy, and sustainable.

I have no idea of your funding arrangements but I do remember Mr Mileston of Gretna, and others involved say that the money was safe, even if he became ill - he did, and it wasn't.  A horrible situation for a club to end up in after all the promises and dreams.

I'm sure QP will be different though.

19 minutes ago, edinabear said:

When I open that link it takes me to a website full of  shit.