Old Firm Colts in L2

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

The proposal is for old firm colts, 2 highland, 2 lowland. A 16 team league

Five or six Lowland, zero or one Highland might persuade me. If Colts teams are to enter it needs to be done properly like Spain or Germany.  They should enter at the BOTTOM of the pyramid.  

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Five or six Lowland, zero or one Highland might persuade me. If Colts teams are to enter it needs to be done properly like Spain or Germany.  They should enter at the BOTTOM of the pyramid.  

Yeah I agree. The old firm colts should have joined the West of Scotland when it was set up

Pretty safe to say that the Celtgers Colts are as likely to be joining the SPFL as America is to implement stringent gun control.

It's obvious by now that, no matter how much they want it, they don't have enough to bribe the wee clubs into torching their competition. Which is pretty sad, when you think about it.

43 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Just out of curiosity, if the Old Firm piss off to a European League ( which they would do at the drop of a hat), would the proposed Championship ceiling be lifted so their B teams can get Premier League money too.

Yes, that's the whole point. Insurance.

14 hours ago, edinabear said:

Reading on twitter that old firm colts in league 2 might have enough support to be approved 

13 hours ago, edinabear said:

Its here and some comments below

12 hours ago, edinabear said:

You're an aggressive chap aren't you. I'm not for it personally. He suggests that there may be enough support from league 2 clubs now. This podcast is close to many of the clubs 

Can you even read, bro? It's literally a little known podcast trying to generate some discussion, there is f**k all in there that says clubs are looking to support this. 

What clubs are the podcast close to?

Folk get angry because they're sick of you c***s thrusting this pish into debate every single year. Nae c**t wants it. Give it up.

11 hours ago, edinabear said:

Yeah I agree. The old firm colts should have joined the West of Scotland when it was set up

Lol, no they should be told where to go by the WoS as well.

49 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

The whole colts teams in the lower leagues idea is a nonsense and has always been a nonsense.

I'm yet to be convinced the introduction of u20s sides into the Challenge Cup has enhanced the competition any.

Yet to be convinced? If it wasn't fucked before, it was when they brought u20s in.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Can you even read, bro? It's literally a little known podcast trying to generate some discussion, there is f**k all in there that says clubs are looking to support this. 

What clubs are the podcast close to?

Folk get angry because they're sick of you c***s thrusting this pish into debate every single year. Nae c**t wants it. Give it up.

Lol, no they should be told where to go by the WoS as well.

I worry for your health. You better try and make peace with this as its happening whether you like it or not. 

I've no idea how they would decide which teams go up as the Highland league have played 0-3 games. PPG would have Bonnyrigg missing out again by 3 goals to EKFC

While I don't like the idea of the colts teams I think this is going to be the only way to open up the bottom of league 2 which would be price worth paying. If it's true colts I could see the colt teams being relegated pretty quickly anyway

21 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I worry for your health. You better try and make peace with this as its happening whether you like it or not. 

You don't worry for my health at all, similar to your previous post where you said you don't support colt sides in the league, and now you're here saying "lol get it up yez it's happening". Your clubs proposal will be laughed out of town yet again.

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

While I don't like the idea of the colts teams I think this is going to be the only way to open up the bottom of league 2 which would be price worth paying. If it's true colts I could see the colt teams being relegated pretty quickly anyway

As Moonster already hinted at, I've no idea what you're thinking with the first statement. With the second, they've no interest in seeing their youngsters get battered by seasoned lower-league pros on a weekly basis. Some cynics might say that Celtgers have shown very little interest in youth development in general up until now. The idea is to get a second team in the league, then use it to keep their bloated squads sharp in case they're needed for the first team. They know that nobody is ever going to vote for that, so they've been pushing this "it's just the kids" angle for years, and then they can work on adding more and more "experienced pros to help the youngsters along" over time.

Then there's the holy grail of getting away to a more lucrative league and leaving the 'B' team behind to continue soaking up money from the Scottish game.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

As Moonster already hinted at, I've no idea what you're thinking with the first statement. With the second, they've no interest in seeing their youngsters get battered by seasoned lower-league pros on a weekly basis. Some cynics might say that Celtgers have shown very little interest in youth development in general up until now. The idea is to get a second team in the league, then use it to keep their bloated squads sharp in case they're needed for the first team. They know that nobody is ever going to vote for that, so they've been pushing this "it's just the kids" angle for years, and then they can work on adding more and more "experienced pros to help the youngsters along" over time.

Then there's the holy grail of getting away to a more lucrative league and leaving the 'B' team behind to continue soaking up money from the Scottish game.

The simple way around that is writing it into the rules that the B team can only stay in the set up as long as the A team does

That would flush out the real reason they are putting this proposal forward.

The best option however is just to say no to B teams.