Old Firm Colts in L2

10 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

He's still not got over being one of the four sides that didn't wipe the floor with Brechin in all four fixtures the year you were the pishest team ever.

I think it goes back  a lot further than that.  Possibly to the time that Morton were our benefactor . :lol:

20 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

A major argument of those supporting this unflushable shite of an idea is that it would help develop Scottish players.

4 days ago one of the sides producing the turd fielded one Scot in their fifteen used, the other five in 16 utilised, four of whom were replaced and the other coming on as substitute. 

Let’s have a look at the players who might make up one of these “Colt” teams, the current Celtic U20 squad according to Wikipedia. 

7B98CB5A-A869-4FF4-B453-D538057AC1D5.thumb.jpeg.9e41b94172973a9cdf436053c46f5713.jpeg

Developing Scottish players my arse! 

On 6 January 2021 at 11:03, Bairnardo said:

Somecunt needs to propose a motion that stops them bringing this fucking bullshit to the table over and over.

Taking their cue from the EU and SNP, don't let a lost vote get you down just keep asking till the opposition loses the will to live.

15 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Maybe League 1 could say that they'll only have an automatic relegation spot when League 2 does.

40 minutes ago, Drewmc said:

It should not happen. Why Celtic and Rangers think they should get preferential treatment for this is just blatantly wrong. 

Part of a trend. Anne Budge and  some others have little time for part time smaller clubs and wish to deny them existence in the Scottish League set up. There is also an arrogant and self serving belief that eg Hearts and others  among the elite should not be relegated  (Rangers and Sevco?). The idea of Colts In League 2 refuses to go away even though we are tired of it and useful idiots can always be found to  provide media support for this and any future  try on.

QuiteLet the babies come in, the spfl / SFA ruling IS promotion through the divisions, so when/if the OF reach the top, they're gonna allow colts or reserve teams in the same division ? Give it a rest and forget it please. Young uns play until 21/22/23 then bang them in the first team. Good enough Old enough. Coaches DO your jobs ! 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

I hope not!

Try telling Kelty they can't come in but Rangers and Celtic Colts get in.

The sooner Queen's get away from this nonsense, the better!

The proposal is for old firm colts, 2 highland, 2 lowland. A 16 team league

19 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Its here and some comments below

@OfficialCatchup
Catchup with
@RampantFM, @Mozzaplays & @MrBenGrant covering all the latest from Scottish Non-League.

Bearing in mind what you said 'Reading on twitter that old firm colts in league 2 might have enough support to be approved  ' how the f**k does a random shitty twitter account with mixed comments from about 30 odd folk ranging from aye great, to no f**k off and everything in between come anywhere near to have enough support to be approved.  I've said it once and i'll say it again.......kindly f**k off :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, greendot said:

@OfficialCatchup
Catchup with
@RampantFM, @Mozzaplays & @MrBenGrant covering all the latest from Scottish Non-League.

Bearing in mind what you said 'Reading on twitter that old firm colts in league 2 might have enough support to be approved  ' how the f**k does a random shitty twitter account with mixed comments from about 30 odd folk ranging from aye great, to no f**k off and everything in between come anywhere near to have enough support to be approved.  I've said it once and i'll say it again.......kindly f**k off :rolleyes:

You're an aggressive chap aren't you. I'm not for it personally. He suggests that there may be enough support from league 2 clubs now. This podcast is close to many of the clubs 

36 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Its here and some comments below

The idea is old news as it came up again at the beginning of the year following. This time from the angle of the SFA's Professional Game Board investigating it, instead of purely an SPFL idea.

Unless there's been anything further it just looks like the twitter feed is either just becoming aware of it, or is using it to gauge opinions. Perhaps for a podcast topic since the LL is mothballed.

12 minutes ago, edinabear said:

You're an aggressive chap aren't you. I'm not for it personally. He suggests that there may be enough support from league 2 clubs now. This podcast is close to many of the clubs 

That’s true.  But it’s a non-league podcast and the clubs it’s in contact with aren’t spfl ones.   They are more looking at the suggestion based on the bigger promotion chances.

Nearly every time this comes up there’s suggestions that there’s support from the lower leagues for the idea.  Until someone actually asks them and that turns out to be completely false.

Edited by parsforlife