Old Firm Colts in L2

5 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No I debated its pros and cons like any balanced and sensible person rather just than knee jerk reject because it came from the Old Firm.  

The fact you think the OF is the big issue and not it being a terrible idea is part of the issue. By debating the pros (none) and cons(a shit load) you give their idea legitimacy.

you don’t debate the t&Ces with someone asking to shag your wife, you tell them to f**k off 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The fact you think the OF is the big issue and not it being a terrible idea is part of the issue. By debating the pros (none) and cons(a shit load) you give their idea legitimacy.

you don’t debate the t&Ces with someone asking to shag your wife, you tell them to f**k off 

I'm pretty sure he was at it, personally. Which is fine if you're a nobody like the rest of us, but in pretty poor taste when fans of the club you (apparently) help to run see your response to bribery as, "well, we'll have to decide if you've offered us enough yet".

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

It’s an idea - it does have some pros but there are more cons.  Just because you choose to rant about it like a demented Brexiteer doesn’t somehow alter reality.  

11 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm pretty sure he was at it, personally. Which is fine if you're a nobody like the rest of us, but in pretty poor taste when fans of the club you (apparently) help to run see your response to bribery as, "well, we'll have to decide if you've offered us enough yet".

Although back in the real world not a single one of those fans had an issue with whatever view I did express - notwithstanding your misrepresentation of it

11 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It’s an idea - it does have some pros but there are more cons.  Just because you choose to rant about it like a demented Brexiteer doesn’t somehow alter reality.  

And what exactly are the Pros to this crock of shite?  Many have said if this is introduced then they are finished with football.  I certainly would not be back - would you?

1 hour ago, Elric said:

And what exactly are the Pros to this crock of shite?  Many have said if this is introduced then they are finished with football.  I certainly would not be back - would you?

Well that has all been done to death every time this pops up.  If you think there are no potential pros at all then that is pretty blinkered.  As for your last point- I am a Cowden fan, always have been, always will be

Can't ever remember this being a problem when you had proper Reserve team football (good old days) Surely if the OF finish 1st and 2nd in spfl2 - I would guess the majority of the players would then be ready for the 1st team, and how many promotions would they get ? Never end up in the SPL so the idea doesn't work for me. Give the young guns a run in the cups, that's fair enough.

On 28/08/2020 at 10:58, Elric said:

The 'pro' I'd be interested in is if it was part of a larger plan that enabled the Old Firm's galactcos first teams to leave Scottish football and play in some kind of cross-border or Atlantic League-type thing.

Scottish football could thrive without the OF at the top level - crowds could pour in to clubs with a sudden realistic chance of winning the league.

On 28/08/2020 at 11:00, TheScarf said:

If this was ever voted through surely they'd have to start in the WoSFL?

I think so. I take it that the issue is with the Colt Firm trying to skip the non-league, as Hibs, Berwick, Stranraer, Stirling Uni, Spartans, and maybe others have all had second teams of some kind in the league.

I encountered Mr Mulholland when watching youth teams playing at a park in central Alloa several years ago.

A youngster knocked the ball out the park, and I played it back in thinking there'd be a quick throw. The lad, obviously looking for a breather, booted it straight back at me. As I quickly dodged, Mr Mulholland laughed and shouted "one-two". I gave him the Alloa glare, and he sauntered off chuckling away to himself. 

So, for that reason, no colts.

Good place to watch several games simultaneously, though; there's a wee mound with a bench on it that has a decent view of all the action.

Also - who knew that Alloa had a port?

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

There used to be a lot of activity on the stretch of the Forth. The Great Michael, Europe's biggest warship at the time, was fitted out across the river in Airth.

Interesting. Airth has a pineapple, I understand. The train journey from Stirling through to Alloa is also very scenic. 

37 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

There used to be a lot of activity on the stretch of the Forth. The Great Michael, Europe's biggest warship at the time, was fitted out across the river in Airth.

Quality fact Sir!

A couple of years ago my daughter did a charity rowing event which ended in Stirling. I was in the safety launch behind and it was great, going between the pillars of the dismantled railway bridge near Fallin was a highlight.

The event started at South Alloa, which I must admit is a place of whose existence I was in hitherto blissful ignorance.

On 28/08/2020 at 10:16, Cowden Cowboy said:

Although back in the real world not a single one of those fans had an issue with whatever view I did express - notwithstanding your misrepresentation of it

Sorry, done with you. Good luck with your quest for bites, though.

1 hour ago, prodcast said:

The 'pro' I'd be interested in is if it was part of a larger plan that enabled the Old Firm's galactcos first teams to leave Scottish football and play in some kind of cross-border or Atlantic League-type thing.

That's the big entry in their 'Pro' column too.

1 hour ago, prodcast said:

Scottish football could thrive without the OF at the top level - crowds could pour in to clubs with a sudden realistic chance of winning the league.

I think so. I take it that the issue is with the Colt Firm trying to skip the non-league, as Hibs, Berwick, Stranraer, Stirling Uni, Spartans, and maybe others have all had second teams of some kind in the league.

Aye, you're a bit off there. The long-term idea is to have a 'B' team that stays in the SPFL and continues to mop up the domestic trophies, and any corresponding monies. Thankfully, enough clubs seem to have seen through this, or have shat it in the face of opposition from their fans, that this avenue seems to be closed off for the near future.

It's gonna take bribes. Big, shiny, garish bribes. And I don't think they've got the funds to buy clubs off with anything worthwhile.