Old Firm Colts in L2

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Put them in your tinpot lower leagues if you want them. They can f**k off from here anytime.

The idea is that they can rise to the Championship. That's potentially two clubs like the mighty Ton tumbling into tinpotdom. Even in they were initially only allowed to rise to Div 1, how long would it be before that was changed? Letting them in anywhere is a recipe for disaster.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Why is writing to your club expressing an opinion on something you don't agree with the behaviour of a "zoomer"?

I’m sure he’s above replying but one thing IDB is not, in comparison to a lot on here, a zoomer! You however on the basis of your last couple of posts have me wondering?

We have had months of ad solute crap to put up with. Colts, hearts hearts hearts. Is it impossible to get budge to  leave it. Can nobody draw a line under this? What are the sfa and spfl doing? They are a national embarasment - they should be using their own money to provide clubs with security - it's not as if they are penniless. They should be looking for other sources of money. What are they doing/ saying about covid testing? What is their position/the options for closed door games, safe "hubs"?

All we get is loony tunes reconstruction drivel in typical  fashion. they are totally inadequate.  Scottish football is like a ship without a rudder. Lots of sports in lots of countries are facing uncertainty but they aren't running around like headless chickens spouting bizarre nonsense over and over

finally - thanks to the guy for £2 million but do Celtic and rangers really need £50k. TV money isn't shared equally so who should rescue money be shared equally. Actually here's a thought - share all tv money equally amongst all 42 clubs for next 4 years. Don't worry Ann, just a temporary thing, just a temporary thing

I’m sure he’s above replying but one thing IDB is not, in comparison to a lot on here, a zoomer! You however on the basis of your last couple of posts have me wondering?
Zoomer sympathiser found

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The idea is that they can rise to the Championship. That's potentially two clubs like the mighty Ton tumbling into tinpotdom. Even in they were initially only allowed to rise to Div 1, how long would it be before that was changed? Letting them in anywhere is a recipe for disaster.

Try checking who that posted was directed to before charging in with this one.

8 hours ago, morley said:

If this proposal was accepted it would be one more nail in the coffin for sporting integrity and fair play in Scottish Football. Yes maybe some other countries do it but the lower leagues in those countries are rapidly becoming a joke, lost their romance, where money and the power of a hand full of big clubs have taken over the leagues just to serve those top few clubs and ensure their continual qualification for european competitions every season. The proposal needs thrown out (again) and Scottish Football can then be proud to hold heads high and say money hasn't yet taken over the game here and we should be proud of that. Colt/reserve teams or even worse for me the idea in the proposal to encourage ICT/Fort William style tie ups between big and small clubs, needs thrown out once and for all. There should be no reserve teams in the senior pyramid at all, or if there has to be then given the precedent set in the SoS and NCL (assuming the NCL do become a tier 6 under the HL as rumoured), then its tier 6 and below and they go no higher up. 

Good post, agree with all of that.

9 hours ago, bluearmyfaction said:

Tell them they can come in, but as soon as there's any sectarian chanting, either at their matches or in the Premier League, they're out. 

even if that was stipulated it would never actually be acted upon

7 hours ago, Vimto90 said:
7 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:
Why is writing to your club expressing an opinion on something you don't agree with the behaviour of a "zoomer"?

Zoomer found

oh look,we have a troll

We are meant to believe this is about youth development but this is the same Rangers that couldn’t tell Blair Spittal or Andy Robertson were players When they played against them four times.

And Shankland

9 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If the price of surviving is playing in a glorified reserve league, it's not worth surviving.

Under no circumstances will it ever be acceptable to admit Colt teams. The day it happens will be a day thousands of fans walk away from Scottish football and never come back.

Thousands of fans?

If this goes through then after 50 years of supporting my club I would walk away from football.  Equally the proposal of clubs being attached to a senior team and getting 5 or 6 of their players is a non starter for me.  I want my club to develop their own players and not be  a nursery for the bigger teams. If this happens all sporting integrity is lost.

I know we have used a lot of loan players recently but you wonder where their heart is when it comes to an all out battles to avoid relegation etc.  Signed players knowing that relegation etc will cost them but loaners knowing that they will be going back to their own team.

7 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Thousands of fans?

Yes.

Go and calculate the drop off from League to Challenge Cup, then add in the fans of top flight clubs who would also walk.

I know from the 8 million previous times Rangers have proposed this that theres St Johnstone fans who would walk away if this goes through. Suspect that's rife throughout most clubs.

It's obvious as f**k that it's not to benefit the National Team, as theres zero suggestion it would be Scottish players only. Add in the fact Rangers made the exact same claim when Colts were added to the Challenge Cup, and the proceeded to play folk like Eros Grezda (25yo Albanian) and Umar Sadiq (23yo Nigerian).

By the end of the next decade they would be full on B teams like in Spain, where you have players being signed to spite any club who challenges them and dumped into the third tier to rot.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes.

Go and calculate the drop off from League to Challenge Cup, then add in the fans of top flight clubs who would also walk.

I know from the 8 million previous times Rangers have proposed this that theres St Johnstone fans who would walk away if this goes through. Suspect that's rife throughout most clubs.

It's obvious as f**k that it's not to benefit the National Team, as theres zero suggestion it would be Scottish players only. Add in the fact Rangers made the exact same claim when Colts were added to the Challenge Cup, and the proceeded to play folk like Eros Grezda (25yo Albanian) and Umar Sadiq (23yo Nigerian).

By the end of the next decade they would be full on B teams like in Spain, where you have players being signed to spite any club who challenges them and dumped into the third tier to rot.

spot on

and lets not delude ourselves that if this were allowed to go ahead it would be to the benefit of anyone other than the gruesome twosome

The clubs we have in the lower leagues are one of the things that is good about Scottish football. We should be proud of the fact they serve, ( yes serve) their communities. Some with populations of 20,000 and under. We know that they are partly subsidised, but who aren't. 

Gullible people will of course swallow Strachans crowds of 200 shite. It's good his own club Dundee can still get 5000 in.despite everything, I'll say no more. People that know f**k all rely on hearsay unfortunately. Full time teams will more often come out on top in a one off match. We know this of course. History tells us another story of just how good smaller clubs can be. A well organised club, with good management, good coaches and a smattering of decent players. Are they feared? Yes of course they are. And that is imo why some will continue to disrespect and devalue clubs.

Why dont Rangers or Celtic start 2 new team brands (Glasgow Bears and Glasgow Bhoys for eg) at the bottom of the lowland pyramid. Build a small terraced stadium for them to play their reserve/youth teams.

They would probably attract decent crowds and if they rised through the leagues nobody could complain. Could even be a money spinner for them with different branded merchandise for them to sell. Ownership rules could be a problem but that probably would be overcome easily with a decent lawyer.