Old Firm Colts in L2

5 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
39 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
The lad McMenemy suggesting that Stenny become a proxy reserve team for some middling Premiership club is quite something. 

Where has he suggested this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52941423

Alternatively, they could forge strategic partnerships with lower-league outfits that would allow up to six players, plus one coach to be loaned by the Premiership club

There is also thought to be broad support for the strategic partnerships - an idea initially suggested by Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy.

The coach thing is daft for me and I wouldn't fancy having 6 loanees either but it does say up to 6.

I think there is a place for "strategic partnerships" thou or affiliations whatever you wanna call it.

The ICT fort william thing is too much but am all for links with specific clubs. Not too dissimilar to what happens already but it would be official.

26 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

The coach thing is daft for me and I wouldn't fancy having 6 loanees either but it does say up to 6.

I think there is a place for "strategic partnerships" thou or affiliations whatever you wanna call it.

The ICT fort william thing is too much but am all for links with specific clubs. Not too dissimilar to what happens already but it would be official.

Here's an idea. If teams are really, really passionate about developing players, give them a chance. Failing that, loan them out. There is absolutely no need for leagues and clubs to piss their identity away. 

2 minutes ago, bluearmyfaction said:

Tell them they can come in, but as soon as there's any sectarian chanting, either at their matches or in the Premier League, they're out. 

Put them in your tinpot lower leagues if you want them. They can f**k off from here anytime.

Just now, tamthebam said:

Rangers and Celtic want their Colts to get in the Seaside leagues.

Let's at least compromise on this.

Rangers and Celtic Colts can get in the sea.

They want to try and skip them as much  as possible. One single season and they're in the Championship. Look at how they signed up the likes of Lewis Morgan, David Bates, and players like that to play in the Colt team. They'll just keep doing that whenever they want to take a punt on someone. Then there's also no need to loan the the players they bring through anymore.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers, just like Hearts before them, should be embarrassed to be trying to take advantage of struggling clubs.

A total fucking scum move.

Where are Secvo going to get the money from? Will it be paid upfront?

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

They've been trying to get colts teams into SpFL  for years, surely to f****  the clubs know their fans don't want this.

You'd think, but there are some chairmen who would happily do it if it wasn't for thier pesky fans.

This whole saga has shown how un- important getting frantic about things like guff colt teams getting in the league is.

As I have stated not my fave idea but as long as I have a club to go to on a Saturday and I can get a pint in the wee bar I just won't let things like colt teams bother me as much as the zoomers on here wanting to write to chairmen etc

9 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

This whole saga has shown how un- important getting frantic about things like guff colt teams getting in the league is.

As I have stated not my fave idea but as long as I have a club to go to on a Saturday and I can get a pint in the wee bar I just won't let things like colt teams bother me as much as the zoomers on here wanting to write to chairmen etc

But this sort of shit threatens your team.