Old Firm Colts in L2

14 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

SURELY THEY CAN HAVE THOSE 2 COLTS TEAMS OF THE GRUESOME TWOSOME PLAY IN THE NEW WEST OF SCOTLAND LEAGUE & BAN THEM FROM PROMOTION , ENTERING THE CUPS  & BEING AWARDED ANY PRIZE MONEY

I can't see why anyone would have a problem with this scenario. It's laughable that some posters would give up supporting their clubs due to playing 4 games against a colt side over an entire season! I don't believe them for 1 second. 

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

I can't see why anyone would have a problem with this scenario. It's laughable that some posters would give up supporting their clubs due to playing 4 games against a colt side over an entire season! I don't believe them for 1 second. 

We just don’t want sectarian bile in our league. Shouldn’t be hard to understand.

I wonder how Rangers and Celtic fans would take to a least a quarter of their league matches being against Colt teams.

Would they feel they their league was being devalued?

Would they be happy to spend as much on their season ticket to watch youth teams as opposition?

9 hours ago, edinabear said:

Just the same as half your support gave up supporting their team from the mid 70's to mid 80's when you were winning hee haw. But no doubt you were there as usual.You only sing when your winning mentality.

9 hours ago, edinabear said:

Considering Sevco are all about "sporting integrity", you should understand why the prospect of having two clubs in a division who cant be relegated is a bit off. 

Teams could finish 20pts clear of bottom and end up relegated/20pts off top and end up promoted.

Edited by RandomGuy.

or why not stop all teams having reserve teams.
the SFA has the performance schools all over the country, 7 in total I think. 
just extend them to take the young lads to 21 loaning players out to Clubs at whatever level suits their development then when 21 have some sort of draft pick system to the Clubs.
but we all know it’s not really about developing Scottish talent !
The performance schools are actual schools, and kids leave school at 18. I'm not sure what you're proposing they do for the next three years until they're 21.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:
23 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:
or why not stop all teams having reserve teams.
the SFA has the performance schools all over the country, 7 in total I think. 
just extend them to take the young lads to 21 loaning players out to Clubs at whatever level suits their development then when 21 have some sort of draft pick system to the Clubs.
but we all know it’s not really about developing Scottish talent !

The performance schools are actual schools, and kids leave school at 18. I'm not sure what you're proposing they do for the next three years until they're 21.

The SFA could run academies, they could still use the school facilities. At present the kids have to leave performance schools at 16 and if they want to continue studies, they  have to go back to their local school so they could  stay at the performance school until 18 then the SFA could make them modern apprentices which attracts a government subsidy for 2 years. When they reach 21 whatever Club takes them pays a fee representing their wages from 18 to 21. Cost effective and SFA coaches should mean high quality coaching. Simples !

So you're suggesting a system where the SFA control exactly what clubs players play for until the age of 21, and clubs have no opportunity to profit from the players that they have developed?  The first step the clubs would take would be to tell the performance schools to f**k off and not sign any of their youth players.

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

So you're suggesting a system where the SFA control exactly what clubs players play for until the age of 21, and clubs have no opportunity to profit from the players that they have developed?  The first step the clubs would take would be to tell the performance schools to f**k off and not sign any of their youth players.

The SFA choose who goes to performance schools. At the moment the big clubs come in and plunder them for free. They would be SFA players until signed by a Club aged 21. I’m sure your wrong about clubs not signing them if they are good players. Just sell to English Clubs if the bigot brothers don’t want them.

the system would pay for itself as a Clubs wouldn’t be getting the academy money they get at the moment that they spend on buying and coaching young foreign players.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You are talking here about the very small percentage who actually go on to make anything of their football career.  What about the hundreds each season whose hopes and dreams are dashed when they are dumped and left to find their own way in life. 

The whole system has to change from the top down.  Scottish football administration  and every club  has to take their heads out of their own self serving arses and follow the leads o the most successful countries and how they develop young players.  We have been saying that for decades now but unfortunately our system is governed by whatever suits two clubs and the revenue they bring in.   Sadly we can't see this changing any time soon. 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

You are talking here about the very small percentage who actually go on to make anything of their football career.  What about the hundreds each season whose hopes and dreams are dashed when they are dumped and left to find their own way in life.

That's one other reason why performance schools exist, to give these children an education alongside their football development.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's one other reason why performance schools exist, to give these children an education alongside their football development.

I thought the SFA ended the performance school scheme. Once the remaining kids in the scheme hit 16 it is finished. No new kids were being placed into it.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is not the case - some clown (I think it might have been Mulraney) suggested it, but as of right now it is still ongoing. They're obviously on hold right now along with all schools.

I thought it was McClair when he took over from Wotte as the SFA Performance Director. Sure he said it would be scrapped, but he only lasted about a year in the job.

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

All good and well if the system actually works. Need to see the actual success rate figures before forming any opinion on this.

Genuine question.   How many full time clubs in Scotland use the academy system ? 

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The players are already signed to clubs before they join the performance schools.

No they are not.

most are but not all

if the SFA take over the academy system then no club can sign any Scottish player under 16. They wouldn’t anyway once they removed the funding from them.

Mark Wotte wanted clubs academies scrapped and replaced by regional academies but the bigot brothers and others drove him out as it threatened their monopoly and funding. 
that’s why he was replaced by that useless c**t Malky Mackay who is a yes man for Celtic and Rangers.

In spain every first team have his colt team, competing in structure league (even the first team is in the 3 mains division is compulsory)

points for: - youth players compete in real football, playing for something (promotion and drops), they improve mucho more than playing youth leagues like friendlies
- youth team can plays like first team, preparing youth players for first team (and maybe playing with 20 years although they are worse than others with 22 who now are better back wont develop to first team)

points against, - colts teams dwell places for other first team from smaller cities/towns
- some teams from la liga, sign players from other countries for millions of € and play in the colt team, adulteration the competition), for instance rodrygo or vinicius for real madrid "B", who are more expensive than the budget of the rest of the teams together
- others la liga teams, sign veteran players for the youth team (who will never play for the first team), the only porpuse is try to promote/save the colt team. a youth team should play only with players under 21/22 IMO