Old Firm Colts in L2

This needs to be put to bed once and for all. I have supported my team for over 50years - bring this shite in and I will not be back. Clubs will lose more than the bribery money if they accept it.

Edited by Moonglum25
spelling

Last time I checked there is a pyramid system now and League 2 ain't the bottom of it,far from it.....WoS,EoS+SoS.

The lack of knowledge on the above from the media is frightening.

The argument about the crowds that the Colts bring in are null and void as the IRN BRU cup has proven!!

Edited by Whitburn Vale

13 hours ago, ftk said:

If any colts want to join they can sign up with the junior teams and start at the very bottom. Only way it can be done.

No way could this be allowed ,I  have always said each club should only be allowed I team in the league system. If they got away with it once whats to stop them just taking more & more league places. The only way they should be able to get a place is to buy another club & run it as a separate entity 

I would like to think Accies would look to get a colt side in the league, I know Motherwell would also.

If it benefits our youngsters I am all for it.  If your sides are not capable of beating youth sides you dont deserve to be in the league.

10 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

I would like to think Accies would look to get a colt side in the league, I know Motherwell would also.

If it benefits our youngsters I am all for it.  If your sides are not capable of beating youth sides you dont deserve to be in the league.

What you are proposing will suck even more young players into the premier teams to their detriment. You can barely manage to stay in your division but wish the worst for lower league. Careful what you wish for.

18 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

Your missing the point 

It would demean the spfl league 2 to have these colts in the league.  The last proposal allowed a limited number of senior players in their squads and they could change the squads every window. No mention of Scottish only players yet the argument is to develop Scottish players to benefit the national team. ? League 2 just becomes a glorified reserve league to benefit the senior teams. The pish about the National team is just a smokescreen. 

Fortunately the "Head of Youth" at "Rangers" doesn't make policy.

This idea has already been rejected contemptuously, and will continue to be.

Fans simply don't want youth teams in the SPFL set up and most of the long-term diehards on here...guys that would turn out at an away fixture at Stranraer on Hogmanay...have said that they will not be back in the event the rich few force it through.

So tedious to have to keeping whacking this mole on the head.

1 hour ago, Hammyton said:

If you are solely looking out for the  welfare and benefits of youth players , why was the reserve league scrapped ?  And more so why did clubs like Accies and Motherwell not show more resistance  at the time ?  

If the reason for scrapping the reserve league was purely financial , why do you think your clubs can suddenly be able to afford to enter a second team into another competitive league set up ? 

I am a Nigerian businessman who is interested in investing in this very successful Hamilton colts team.

Can you please send your bank details so I can deposit my investment?

48 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The reserve league wasn't scrapped. Both Hamilton and Motherwell participate in it.

My apologies.  I never realised it was still in operation. 

This makes the whole scenario even more ridiculous.  It appears then that  Hamilton and Motherwell  currently have three competitive avenues to develop their youngsters yet they seek another one to further frustrate the large percentage who they intend to bin anyway . 

In Scotland we can never identify the real problem and deal with it properly!

We have the 2 richest clubs more interested in buying second rate foreigners in the hope that they will unearth one gem who they can then sell for ludicrous sums of money to  clubs in Europe's top leagues. They also sign the best young players in Scotland, with no intention of giving them first team football. They want all the best young players but don't want to risk them in their first team hence the Colts solution. 

In summary, they buy second rate foreigners, sign all the best Scottish young players with no intention of giving them first team football. All their money goes abroad and Scottish young talent doesn't develop (and they wonder why our senior international side is crap!).

Would the solution not be - stop the Old Firm (and all premier league clubs) from signing players under 21. If only lower league clubs can sign players under 21 then most of them will get first team football and competitive football. Once players reach 21 then premier league teams can buy them or pay training compensation to the lower league clubs and much needed money stays in the Scottish game and our young players get better.

1 hour ago, The man with no name said:

In Scotland we can never identify the real problem and deal with it properly!

We have the 2 richest clubs more interested in buying second rate foreigners in the hope that they will unearth one gem who they can then sell for ludicrous sums of money to  clubs in Europe's top leagues. They also sign the best young players in Scotland, with no intention of giving them first team football. They want all the best young players but don't want to risk them in their first team hence the Colts solution. 

In summary, they buy second rate foreigners, sign all the best Scottish young players with no intention of giving them first team football. All their money goes abroad and Scottish young talent doesn't develop (and they wonder why our senior international side is crap!).

Would the solution not be - stop the Old Firm (and all premier league clubs) from signing players under 21. If only lower league clubs can sign players under 21 then most of them will get first team football and competitive football. Once players reach 21 then premier league teams can buy them or pay training compensation to the lower league clubs and much needed money stays in the Scottish game and our young players get better.

or why not stop all teams having reserve teams.

the SFA has the performance schools all over the country, 7 in total I think. 
just extend them to take the young lads to 21 loaning players out to Clubs at whatever level suits their development then when 21 have some sort of draft pick system to the Clubs.

but we all know it’s not really about developing Scottish talent !

1 hour ago, The man with no name said:

Now that we have Brexit where do we stand with signing foreign players since there is no freedom of movement?  If we can limit numbers then limit each team to no more 2 or 3 foreign players per game. Would not be popular with the bigot brothers but it can be countered that they want to develop out players.