Old Firm Colts in L2

f**k off. Seriously f**k off. It’s an idea with 0 benefits and dozens of negatives.

If we should base our model on 1 good cup run by Ajax then surely rangers will be moving to the highlands next year to try and replicative calley’s cup success?

ETA. If you think if we include b teams could Celtic/sevco replicate Ajax? Is a genuine question that is considered a hot topic in discussions the delusion is incredible . I’ve discussed and thought of a quite a few topics(including what I thought of a junior sides strip for next season) and it’s not a topic I’ve thought about before the record dragged it up.

74% to 26% in favour according to the poll.  Which flies in the face of the lazy assumptions on here that because most P&B'rs who support lower league clubs are agin it that there is virtual universal opposition from fans of Scottish clubs.  That's an observation not a statement in support by the way. 

74% to 26% in favour according to the poll.  Which flies in the face of the lazy assumptions on here that because most P&B'rs who support lower league clubs are agin it that there is virtual universal opposition from fans of Scottish clubs.  That's an observation not a statement in support by the way. 
Yeah.... Which infinitely less lazy than ignoring the fact that the vast majority of voters on a Record Old Firm puff piece will be Old Firm supporters.

We all know where you stand, and you are talking shite.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ajax having good season fair play to them but Dutch national team hasn't done too well since colt came in they missed 2 major tournaments in that time. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah.... Which infinitely less lazy than ignoring the fact that the vast majority of voters on a Record Old Firm puff piece will be Old Firm supporters.

We all know where you stand, and you are talking shite.

Yes who form a large proportion of Scottish football fans so I am completely accurate in what I have suggested.   I believe there is no place in the SPFL for reserve or colts teams - same as I always have and have never said different. 

The Dutch first division looks batshit crazy. Teams that finish midtable or lower regularly qualify for the promotion play offs. The team that finished 13th out of 20 teams qualified for it in 16/17.

If Celtic or Rangers want to blood their young players then they can do so in their own first team. Half of the Celtic players highlighted in the article are foreign too which aint going to help the national team in any way.

It’s nothing to do with the whole set up or quality of coaches in the Netherlands. The success of Ajax is purely down to them having a colt side in the second tier. I mean who had even heard of Ajax until their colt side started producing these gems.

We should clearly replicate this by blindly firing in some colt sides to our leagues too. But at tier 4 or 5 though, that will have the rest of Europe kneeling to their new Scottish overlords in no time.

56 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The Old Firm have shown what worthless articles they are in European tournaments recently; let's piss everyone off by introducing their second string outfits into our league system to turn that around. Surely worth a punt, eh?

Why don't they simply scrap the other 40 teams in the league and replace them with 20 Celtic and 20 Rangers reserve teams? Then every match will be an OF derby and Scottish football will be saved.

At least the Record aren't pretending to give a shit about the good of Scottish football this time. Flat-out "look at how you're holding back our beloved Celtic and Rangers!"

I liked this quote:

Celtic currently have academy graduates Calvin Miller and Jack Aitchison out on loan, as well as acquisitions such as Lewis Morgan, Maryan Shved, Andrew Gutman and Manny Perez.

But McCart said: “We’re still getting loads of calls asking for our players on loan in the lower leagues because that’s how clubs think they’ll get experience.

Clubs want to take Celtic players on loan because it'll help them gain experience, aye? :1eye

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes who form a large proportion of Scottish football fans so I am completely accurate in what I have suggested.   I believe there is no place in the SPFL for reserve or colts teams - same as I always have and have never said different. 

I don't think anybody on here has ever made an assumption that Celtic & Rangers fans would be against their reserve teams competing in the SPFL.

Why are you so determined to prove that there's support from this idea? It was the boards who were going to agree once they were given enough of an incentive, but now that doesn't seem to have happened, you've jumped on the opportunity to claim backing for the idea among non-P&B users. Unless you've been trolling this whole time, I don't understand the point of what you've been trying to present over the past few seasons.

I don't think anybody on here has ever made an assumption that Celtic & Rangers fans would be against their reserve teams competing in the SPFL.
Why are you so determined to prove that there's support from this idea? It was the boards who were going to agree once they were given enough of an incentive, but now that doesn't seem to have happened, you've jumped on the opportunity to claim backing for the idea among non-P&B users. Unless you've been trolling this whole time, I don't understand the point of what you've been trying to present over the past few seasons.

I've been trying to provide a balanced and nuanced overview covering a range of perspectives as opposed to the standard anti-Old Firm knee jerk responses. I have often been told on here that fans don't want colt teams so I merely showed that a poll as valid as any on here shows thousands of fans in favour. Thus reality is quite a number of scottish football fans do back the idea and P&B posters don't = all Scottish football fans. I also suggested that some clubs might potentially be tempted to vote for this if a big enough incentive was on the table - a 3rd division and/or the money previously mooted have not been enough to overcome the very obvious downsides. What's the problem with making valid points as opposed to just all parroting the same views. Devils Advocate type approach isn't trolling rather its food for thought.

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

I've been trying to provide a balanced and nuanced overview covering a range of perspectives as opposed to the standard anti-Old Firm knee jerk responses. I have often been told on here that fans don't want colt teams so I merely showed that a poll as valid as any on here shows thousands of fans in favour. Thus reality is quite a number of scottish football fans do back the idea and P&B posters don't = all Scottish football fans. I also suggested that some clubs might potentially be tempted to vote for this if a big enough incentive was on the table - a 3rd division and/or the money previously mooted have not been enough to overcome the very obvious downsides. What's the problem with making valid points as opposed to just all parroting the same views. Devils Advocate type approach isn't trolling rather its food for thought.

I must have missed your "Devil's Advocate" posting on other subjects. This one seems particularly close to your heart.

I've also missed your "balanced and nuanced...valid points", as all I've seen is the constant reiteration that SOME board members (but not you) might decide to take a bribe for their clubs in order to allow this to happen. You must think we're terribly naive that this hasn't occurred to anyone long before you started repeating it.

You've also jumped on a poll by a tabloid newspaper, featured in a piece heavily promoting reserve entry as advantageous for Celtic & Rangers, as evidence that there's support for the idea. Obviously there's support from fans of those clubs - I daresay there'd be massive support from Cowdenbeath fans if you proposed that your club be given a massive advantage in the league structure. It doesn't logically mean that any reasonable person should entertain the idea.

Please, feel free to provide actual "food for thought" on the positive case for reserve teams being allowed into the SPFL pyramid, as we've been starving thus far. "Well, clubs might vote for it eventually, and Celtic/Rangers fans would like it" doesn't count.

I must have missed your "Devil's Advocate" posting on other subjects. This one seems particularly close to your heart.
I've also missed your "balanced and nuanced...valid points", as all I've seen is the constant reiteration that SOME board members (but not you) might decide to take a bribe for their clubs in order to allow this to happen. You must think we're terribly naive that this hasn't occurred to anyone long before you started repeating it.
You've also jumped on a poll by a tabloid newspaper, featured in a piece heavily promoting reserve entry as advantageous for Celtic & Rangers, as evidence that there's support for the idea. Obviously there's support from fans of those clubs - I daresay there'd be massive support from Cowdenbeath fans if you proposed that your club be given a massive advantage in the league structure. It doesn't logically mean that any reasonable person should entertain the idea.
Please, feel free to provide actual "food for thought" on the positive case for reserve teams being allowed into the SPFL pyramid, as we've been starving thus far. "Well, clubs might vote for it eventually, and Celtic/Rangers fans would like it" doesn't count.

No it's an interesting subject but not close to my heart. You maybe have indeed missed my devils advocate posts on other subjects but there again unless you are a stalker it's unlikely you view all my posts - for example I have no recollection of any post you have ever made on any other subject either. Yes there has been some naivety by some posters. Didn't jump on any poll - just made a remark in passing which is factual rather than based on preconception. Certainly seems to be food for thought as you are lapping it up

I merely showed that a poll as valid as any on here shows thousands of fans in favour.

Thousands in favour, really? Where did you draw that conclusion from? I could see no information on sample size, merely 74% of old firm supporting morons who would reply to a daily record poll voted yes.

If 14 people out of 19 voted yes that would be 74%, hardly a groundswell of support.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hes talking absolute shite.

And for my money P&B is far more representative of a cross section Scottish Football fans given that it isn't skewed by disproportionate numbers of fans for only two clubs.

This.

Firstly, Gordon Waddell is a thundering idiot. Secondly, given that the Daily Record is largely purchased and read by old firm fans, the suggestion that a poll conducted by it (is there even any evidence this wasn't completely made up?) showing a 75% figure in favour should be taken about as seriously as a Sunday Sport headline. Utter nonsense. 

Mental to think that the recent success of Liverpool in Europe is down to them having a Colt team in English League 2.

*checks English league tables*

Umm....