Old Firm Colts in L2

If I was a Peterhead fan I'd be incredibly proud of my manager having read his quotes there in the Evening Express.

The (slight) cynic in me thinks it would be very easy for a manager to give a resounding two fingers up to the whole idea and the ethos surrounding it when you're odds on favourites to get promoted out of L2 anyway. But joking aside, it's reassuring to read such a positive report.

Still had no reply from Montrose.

16 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Strong words from Jim McInally. Good on him.

No doubt Central Fife’s very own Professor of Metaphysics, Cowden Cowboy, will be calling him shortly to scold him for “partial” and “flawed” reasoning on the subject of his support for reserve teams.

Well in fairness to CC your logic was flawed and partial.   Heck you were using the Sportsound team as backing.

Spoiler

Never had any doubt about Jims feelings on this, have spoken to him a number of times since they started infiltrating the Challenge Cup with Colt teams as we agreed then it was only leading to gaining league places & now they are trying it on. Jim says it as he see,s it & well done to him for sticking by his principles. He has summed the whole thing up spot on.

I also had a reply from the club this morning to a e-mail I sent asking about their position regarding this. Got a reasonable reply which being a personal mail was asked not to forward on  which I will respect but basically the club say they have not had any formal meetings or documents to discuss at this point.  It would seem typical of the blazers in Glasgow that they come up with a master plan for something then will not provide detailed information on how & when it should be carried out. It would appear rather than chase after a manger to run the national team they should look to replace the Reagan/Doncaster team that have done nothing for the game during their time in charge.

Actively supporting Clyde one weekend, ripping into this nonsense days later. He's gone up massively in my estimations.

Given these things come in threes, hopefully he'll forget to put McAllister on the bus on Saturday.

41 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Strong words from Jim McInally. Good on him.

No doubt Central Fife’s very own Professor of Metaphysics, Cowden Cowboy, will be calling him shortly to scold him for “partial” and “flawed” reasoning on the subject of his support for reserve teams.

47 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wow

Take a bow Jim Mcinally

Being fairly long in the tooth (!!) I have always taken what is reported in the media with a very large pinch of salt (are you listening Ivo?)  Cowden are on record as opposing a previous SPFL  submission re the introduction of colts teams to the league.  I would personally move Cowden to Column 2  on Burnsie's  list.

Classic quote from Jim McInally which basically says everything that these clowns do not understand.

“As much as people support Celtic and Rangers, the people who support Peterhead, Montrose, Clyde, Elgin and others support their team every bit as much and every bit as passionately as Celtic and Rangers supporters support their team.

“It really annoys me that Scottish football can’t see through this – for me this should have been blown out without even getting this far.”

34 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Well in fairness to CC your logic was flawed and partial.   Heck you were using the Sportsound team as backing.

no, I wasn't.

my reasoning on reserve teams was also pretty much exactly the same as Jim McI's. (SHOW YOUR WORKING, THERE'S NO GUARANTEE RESERVE TEAMS WILL WORK ANY MORE THAN COLTS)

fortunately his words carry much more traction that mine as has been seen in the last couple of pages.

Clyde are going to send out a statement although they haven’t mentioned when exactly. It’ll likely be the “wait and see the formal proposal” line but I’ll be absolutely mortified and raging if there are any positive vibes coming from it. Our fans group poll is currently 66/2 against the idea and our email to the chairman will be sent on Monday. 

Edited by Karpaty

20 minutes ago, Ter said:

https://www.annanathleticfc.com/annan-join-south-of-scotland/

Annan are against "colt" teams yet have one in the South of Scotland League. Couldn't make it up. :D

I don't think Annan (or many others) would oppose Rangers or Celtic putting a B team in the South of Scotland league, or any other league at that level, with the same restrictions that currently apply to the Annan and Stranraer teams at that level (no promotion etc).  Jumping the queue and entering the fourth tier, screwing up the organised structure of the league in the process, is a bit different.

Clyde are going to send out a statement although they haven’t mentioned when exactly. It’ll likely be the “wait and see the formal proposal” line but I’ll be absolutely mortified and raging if there are any positive vibes coming from it. Our fans group poll is currently 66/2 against the idea and our email to the chairman will be sent on Monday. 
I really don't understand why clubs need to wait for "formal proposals".

For me it's a matter of principle and clubs should be able to make their opinions known "on principle"