Old Firm Colts in L2

6 minutes ago, Ter said:

Doesn't that highlight the problem that a lot of players (especially at Rangers and Celtic) aren't developing as they should be due to a lack of competitive first team football? It's not easy to bring through youngsters at clubs who are expected to win every week

You have a few exceptions like Barrie McKay and Lewis Macleod who only really got chances in the first team because Rangers were playing in the Third Division. Andrew Shinnie should have been a much better player than he ended up being but he spent years in the Rangers Reserves/U20s not really being challenged. At least now the club are being a bit more proactive in getting players loan moves and a better quality of opposition by playing teams outwith Scotland but it still isn't enough.

If the SPFL set this to a moving solo violin piece, it would take a stone hearted chairman to vote no. Heartbreaking stuff.

5 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

If Queen's Park get relegated to League Two and get Rangers/Celtic on board to promote games against them then they could get a big crowd to Hampden for example”

Great, except by then the decision will have been made to close Hampden after the SFA decide not to use Murrayfield and take the easy option of rotating games at other grounds (i.e. if Scotland are playing anyone other than Gibralter or the Faroe Islands then it will be Parkhead or Ibrox..............double whammy alert!), so how many do you expect will turn up at Lesser Hampden instead? Anyway, as Oor Annie has already confirmed, Queen's Park are "firmly" against this lunacy.

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Still isn't enough for which clubs?

(Dont answer that btw)

Yeah, heavily weighted towards the bigger clubs but also applies to clubs scared of relegation. More likely to play more experienced players than give youngsters a chance.

They've gone about it the wrong way by trying to shoehorn two teams into the existing structure anyway. Should have been part of an overall restructure of all the leagues. The proposal as it is just looks like trying to bribe the League Two teams with the promise of more cash.

I agree re the £15k but I would not just accept that challenge cup experience re away support will just translate through to away fan attendance in league 2 games - the old firm will really push to get these tickets sold and market their colt teams to their fans - they want this to be a success. So you may find that they do shift their tickets. If though you are modelling and you assume less than 250 away fans (could possibly be more of course) will attend then that should be in your model. Maybe it will depend on their team's performance.

You haven't thought that through very well.

'This Saturday we have a big match against Aberdeen which will put us on prime position for the title/European spot, with the game of crucial importance we would urge all fans to get to the match and get right behind the team, tickets available...

Or if you don't fancy that our b team are playing Elgin, the result doesn't matter as we can't get promoted or relegated, but you could possibly see a star in the making playing with a bunch of guys unlikely to still be here next season'

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

You haven't thought that through very well.

'This Saturday we have a big match against Aberdeen which will put us on prime position for the title/European spot, with the game of crucial importance we would urge all fans to get to the match and get right behind the team, tickets available...

Or if you don't fancy that our b team are playing Elgin, the result doesn't matter as we can't get promoted or relegated, but you could possibly see a star in the making playing with a bunch of guys unlikely to still be here next season'

Aye, anyone thinking OF fans will actually show up for these games in numbers is mentally ill.

You can see the future now Celtic and Rangers Hoover up every youngster possible to play against plumbers and postmen the compliant media rave about the odd players potential and they punt them to the first English league 1 side offering 100k. They’ll take this money and use it to buy foreign players for their first team.

The Old Firm are only interested in competing for the league and champions league riches they have no interest in the national team or the good of Scottish football the duopoly serves them well having a competitive set up is is counterproductive to them. You can guarantee ideas from the OF are good for 2 clubs.

1 hour ago, Burnsythebinman said:

If any one knows better - update the hit list----------

League 1 & League 2 - and declared Championship clubs

Confirmed good guys 

• Stirling Albion
  • Airdrieonians 
  • Albion Rovers 

Very likely good guys

• Dunfermline Athletic 
  • Clyde
  • Arbroath

Most likely bad guys

• Berwick

On the fence/not declared

• Peterhead
  • Stenhousemuir
  • Morton
  • Elgin
  • Annan
  • Edinburgh
  • Cowdenbeath
  • Raith 
  • Ayr
  • Stranraer
  • Alloa
  • E Fife
  • Queens Park
  • Forfar

No one likes us..... 

It's also deeply dubious that these ideas are actually being punted by representatives from the beneficiaries themselves, rather than the league or the association. Apparently with a letter of full support from Malky Mackay which probably reads something like:

Dear Mr Chairman

I am in full and complete agreement with whatever these two gentleman have to say on their deisre to take part in whatever league it is you're in.

Hurry up and sign.

Yours, Malky

very, very dodgy.

Celtic = Kundai Benyu (20), Olivier Ntcham (21), Patrick Roberts (20), Odsonne Edouard (20), Lewis Morgan (21)

Rangers = Alfredo Morelos (21), Declan John (22), Dalcio (21), Aaron Nemane (20), Sean Goss (22), Jason Cummings (22)

This season's signing of roughly "development" team aged players. The best OF prospects will already be in the first team, those that spend anytime in a Colt side will be replaced by the likes of above. Just looks like an excuse to retain the Lewis Morgan's of the world. Players they'd otherwise put on the teenage scrapheap, but now need them to be jersey fillers for a 20+ person Colt squad.

Fucking hilarious.
Because Rangers and Celtic and a bunch of glory hunting b*****ds who heap massive amounts of pressure on their board and team to win every week, we're supposed to reinvent the leagues to allow their poor wee boys some competitive game time. Get tae absolute f**k. 
Because Rangers and Celtic hoard all the fucking talent in the country and can't possibly loan them all out or give them all game time (because of the point made above) we're expected to reinvent the leagues to allow their poor wee boys some competitive game time. Get tae absolute f**k.
Loan your players out or bring back the reserve league - in absolutely no universe is league reconstruction required to shoe-horn these c***s in and nor is there any evidence to suggest that this markedly improves the performance of a National team - it's all just fucking nonsense.

Excellent point!

Also football manager is shite.

Would not affect me as I will not be there if this goes through but how could clubs justify up to 250 (very unlikely) away supporters turning up having paid £10 a head & expect their own support etc to pay the going rate usually £12-£14 to see the same match, it would also apply for going to away games why should proper supporters be discriminated against by paying the normal entry price & 2 clubs support be subsidized with £10 tickets.

The old firm has absolutely destroyed Scottish football with their pish we’d all be better off if they fucked off to the Atlantic league and dragged their knuckles into the deep briney sea. The very thought of pandering to these whompercunts just so they can play some 18 year old french gambian child superstar they’ve got or whatever is in absolutey no way beneficial to ‘the scottish national team’.

Why don’t Rangers and Celtic merge? if we’re going along ‘proven business practices’ or whatever utter wankspeak the proposal suggests then surely the prudent business case would be for the ugly sisters to merge to consolidate their efforts, save money, that would be good for the national team!

If any one knows better - update the hit list----------

League 1 & League 2 - and declared Championship clubs

Confirmed good guys 

• Stirling Albion
  • Airdrieonians 
  • Albion Rovers 

Very likely good guys

• Dunfermline Athletic 
  • Clyde
  • Arbroath
Most likely bad guys
  • Berwick
On the fence/not declared
  • Peterhead
  • Stenhousemuir
  • Morton
  • Elgin
  • Annan
  • Edinburgh
  • Cowdenbeath
  • Raith 
  • Ayr
  • Stranraer
  • Alloa
  • E Fife
  • Queens Park
  • Forfar

As much I don’t want to throw my own club under a bus here. It’s the fans group that has come out against it at Airdrie. Club itself is a potential good guy.

40 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fucking hilarious.

Because Rangers and Celtic and a bunch of glory hunting b*****ds who heap massive amounts of pressure on their board and team to win every week, we're supposed to reinvent the leagues to allow their poor wee boys some competitive game time. Get tae absolute f**k. 

Because Rangers and Celtic hoard all the fucking talent in the country and can't possibly loan them all out or give them all game time (because of the point made above) we're expected to reinvent the leagues to allow their poor wee boys some competitive game time. Get tae absolute f**k.

Loan your players out or bring back the reserve league - in absolutely no universe is league reconstruction required to shoe-horn these c***s in and nor is there any evidence to suggest that this markedly improves the performance of a National team - it's all just fucking nonsense.

Michael Johnston is a prime example. 18yo left winger at Celtic who's hugely rated. 

What are Celtic doing with this player they've developed? They've left him rotting in their youth team. They won't play him in the senior team, and signed Hayes and Morgan to go above him, and they won't loan him out because they want him as a fourth choice option in case of injuries. 

Would not affect me as I will not be there if this goes through but how could clubs justify up to 250 (very unlikely) away supporters turning up having paid £10 a head & expect their own support etc to pay the going rate usually £12-£14 to see the same match, it would also apply for going to away games why should proper supporters be discriminated against by paying the normal entry price & 2 clubs support be subsidized with £10 tickets.

The way I view this is £10 x 250 covers a balance between £12 adult tickets and £7 concession tickets. When you look around at Shielfield you’d estimate at least 30-40% are concessions so it’s probably fair:

4 x £7 = £28 & 6 x £12 = £72 so £100

10 x £10 = £100

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Michael Johnston is a prime example. 18yo left winger at Celtic who's hugely rated. 

What are Celtic doing with this player they've developed? They've left him rotting in their youth team. They won't play him in the senior team, and signed Hayes and Morgan to go above him, and they won't loan him out because they want him as a fourth choice option in case of injuries. 

It's the age old Tory tactic of creating a problem and then offering a solution that suits them best. I'm fucking sick of their pish and if this is allowed to happen, Scottish football is over for me.

What if I offered Cowden 10 grand to change their name to 'SimonLichtie's XI'?

Sneak preview of Cowdenbeath FC presented by SimonLichtie’s starting XI...
1. G.Swankie
2. G.Swankie
3. G.Swankie
4. G.Swankie
5. G.Swankie
6. G.Swankie
7. G.Swankie
8. G.Swankie
9. G.Swankie
10. G.Swankie
11. G.Swankie

It's the age old Tory tactic of creating a problem and then offering a solution that suits them best. I'm fucking sick of their pish and if this is allowed to happen, Scottish football is over for me.

Likewise. Even the suggestion has dampened my mood considerably. Hoping Scotland get pumped until MacKay and Regan have gtf.