Old Firm Colts in L2

This can't happen. I'm trying to reassure myself that it won't happen but I am genuinely struggling. If Morton are found to have been in support of it then I'll be one of many phoning up Cappielow looking for an explanation.

Malky MacKay should stick to what he's good at, i.e. being a racist, sexist, homophobic c**t. Unbelievable how he's wormed his way into a position of power with the SFA. Really hate Scottish football at times.

Surely the man is entitled to a 2nd chance, if not what kind of society have we become?

Here's a tricky scenario - clubs in SPFL 2 or Lowland League get offered a payment of say £25k/£30k from some Central pot to allow these 2 sides in. If SPFL 2 sides turn it down then Lowland League clubs have bonus funding giving them all an improved chance of relegating and replacing an existing SPFL 2 side.

Surely the man is entitled to a 2nd chance, if not what kind of society have we become?

He comes across as an absolute cock who doesn't show any regret for what he said. Even in one of his first press conferences with the SFA he wouldn't even admit what he said was racist!

Colt teams should definitely not be allowed into the SPFL.

If they are determined to force this through then split the lowland league into East and West. Stick the bigots in lowland west and Hibs/hearts colts in lowland east. Get the juniors on board and sort out the tiers below this level too. Split the HL into 2 divisions and offer Aberdeen a colt team in there too.

No colt teams should be allowed promotion to SPFL so if they win their league then nobody qualifies for the playoff with club 42 from that division.

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

If they are determined to force this through then split the lowland league into East and West. Stick the bigots in lowland west. Hibs/hearts colts in lowland east.

Split the HL into 2 divisions and offer Aberdeen a colt team in there

No colt teams should be allowed promotion to SPFL so if they win their league then nobody qualifies for the playoff with club 42 from that division.

Surely that shafts the clubs below SPFL2 thrice-over?

If the Old Firm want their young players to improve then why dont they loan them out or actually give them a chance?

If any lower league club votes in favour of this then they should also join this idea and get in the bin, and stay in the bin.

He comes across as an absolute cock who doesn't show any regret for what he said. Even in one of his first press conferences with the SFA he wouldn't even admit what he said was racist!

The world is full of people who come across as absolute cocks, regret what he did, I would hope so, but time will tell

if we're wanting to improve our national team it makes more sense to let the English Championship Colts into D2! 

The Old Infirm haven't exactly had a great record for producing great youth talent recently and I can't see that changing. Celtic u20s totally scudded our u20s in the Youth Cup this season but that doesn't mean those Celtic youth players are suddenly going to turn Celtic into the 2019 European Cup Winners...

Absolute shite idea, bin it asap,

Guessing it will be an u21 team?? What happens to them after they are 21? Will they be guaranteed a space in the old firm teams?? Will they f**k!! 

Why is it only old firm teams, why not Aberdeen and hearts colts?? Why give the old firm a base to gain an advantage on young players, in fact I'd quite like Arbroath to be given funding to set up an u21 team that can play in the bottom league, would give us a chance to groom a few young stars,

Why not make a rule that in all leagues you have to play 2 or 3 under 21 players,

Make a rule that rangers and Celtic have to play a minimum of 6 Scottish players, make the league more competitive, 

As a fan of a part time team i do not want to go watch arbroath against a bunch of boys, win or loose, no rivalry or atmosphere what so ever, I would say 90% of fans at this level would agree and support a full boycott of the idea, 

Back to the drawing board Malky!!

Absolute shite idea, bin it asap,
Guessing it will be an u21 team?? What happens to them after they are 21? Will they be guaranteed a space in the old firm teams?? Will they f**k!! 
Why is it only old firm teams, why not Aberdeen and hearts colts?? Why give the old firm a base to gain an advantage on young players, in fact I'd quite like Arbroath to be given funding to set up an u21 team that can play in the bottom league, would give us a chance to groom a few young stars,
Why not make a rule that in all leagues you have to play 2 or 3 under 21 players,
Make a rule that rangers and Celtic have to play a minimum of 6 Scottish players, make the league more competitive, 
As a fan of a part time team i do not want to go watch arbroath against a bunch of boys, win or loose, no rivalry or atmosphere what so ever, I would say 90% of fans at this level would agree and support a full boycott of the idea, 
Back to the drawing board Malky!!

Exactly surely homegrown Scottish players playing in the top tier week In week out and potentially in Europe would be much more beneficial. Cap the amount of foreigners in our leagues instead of chucking u21 teams in with the pointless diddies in L2 .

Other than the obvious bending over backwards for the OF, the main reason other clubs aren't being named is they likely can't afford to run the two teams for a combined 72 league matches minimum depending on how far down the Colt team idea goes.

This will be a tricky one but the lower league clubs would have to vote in favour for this to happen as this is an SPFL matter. Money will then come into play as that will be the means of persuasion. If SPFL 1 & 2 teams don't come on board then danger is Lowland League clubs could be persuaded. Little downside for them and a big chance of increased media exposure and a slug of cash - result is they are strengthened and thus more likely to be able to get into SPFL at the expense of existing SPFL clubs who don't have this new 'subsidy'.

I would expect this for only a season or two before both are promoted. If the CLUB has no ground capable of playing at that level then they can f**k off.