Old Firm Colts in L2

The news this morning is full of stories about this being a big part of 'project brave'. You'd imagine this would end up with L2 a 12 team league with a split but then again will the colts teams be allowed promotion (or relegation) and how will it affect the highland and lowland playoff system......... lots of questions and very few answers for something that will help the OF and judging by the crowd numbers for colts games in the irn bru cup season, nobody else.

Get this idea, Malky Mackay, Stewart Regan, the whole SFA, the Old Firm and their sympathisers so far tae that we never ever speak of it again.

The racist, sexist, anti-Semitic homophobe asked to be judged on what he does in the job, not on his past. That's you judged already Malky. Nothing new, just more of the same pandering to the Old Firm that fits in so well with the SFA's party line.

B Teams would be the death of senior football in this country. It'll help the Old Firm get richer. It'll help the Old Firm keep young guys in their squads, without getting a sniff of top team action. It'll create an uneven playing field where club's with multi-million pound budgets, stunning facilities and no fans are competing against proper football clubs with a fraction of the budget. And it will kill any prestige linked with winning a lower league title.

If ANY senior club votes in favour of this, and I suspect Morton will, then they need to be hounded by their own fans. It's the only way they might (and I mean might) listen.

Shit idea, can't see the Old Firm suddenly producing great young players on the back of them playing in League Two. At the end of the day the only thing those two are bothered about are themselves.

Reagan has had a disaster of a PR week firstly appointing MacKay and now trying to push this through. 

While I wouldn't put it past the club to support it, it's worth noting that Morton's supposed support is based on one sentence in a Sunday Mail article which only says Celtic have made an approach to use Cappielow. I'll certainly be strongly expressing my views to the club to make it clear I'm dead against it if this does come to a vote, but I'm not going to condemn them before there's any indication that they do support it.

Anyway, Mackay has asked to be judged on what he does in the job. Supporting this is grounds for instant dismissal. There is no justification for allowing youth teams to enter first team competitions under any circumstances. It's a completely non-negotiable, red line issue. There's no debate to be had, it's simply can't be allowed to happen. Get this idea so far to f**k along with Mackay & Regan.

While I wouldn't put it past the club to support it, it's worth noting that Morton's supposed support is based on one sentence in a Sunday Mail article which only says Celtic have made an approach to use Cappielow. I'll certainly be strongly expressing my views to the club to make it clear I'm dead against it if this does come to a vote, but I'm not going to condemn them before there's any indication that they do support it.
Anyway, Mackay has asked to be judged on what he does in the job. Supporting this is grounds for instant dismissal. There is no justification for allowing youth teams to enter first team competitions under any circumstances. It's a completely non-negotiable, red line issue. There's no debate to be had, it's simply can't be allowed to happen. Get this idea so far to f**k along with Mackay & Regan.

This

If they go ahead and ruin the lower leagues too ill be seething. Ridiculous stuff.

Just more proof if any needed that regan is an OF puppet. They will play for a couple seasons, load it with good under 20s they will buy from anywhere then complain the opposition isn't good enough and use it as evidence to move to English leagues.

look at the project brave crew who dreamt this up, the Rangers and Celtic reps plus Levein. There was a boy from Falkirk who after a few weeks on the group got a job at Rangers ! The problem is the media are supporting it cos it will sell more papers.

the whole system is corrupt and the lower leagues are pawns in their big power game.

Just hope the League 2 clubs tell them NO FUCKING chance will they accept the terrible twins B Teams in League 2. Why should these teams be allowed in League 2 when they are clubs in the Highland League and Lowland League having to go thru playoffs in order to get in League 2. Whats the point of having a Pyramid System if these 2 just walk in ?

Well that would be me finished with it after 50 years of watching, we are pish and have been for a fair bit of that time, but if this happens then SFA have managed to finally chase me away......well done, bunch of patronising self interested old firm obsessed clowns!

I said this would happen when the youth teams were parachuted into the Diddy cup and looks like plan team B will be next! No thanks 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 minute ago, CityDave said:

To think just a couple of months ago some all knowing mouth pieces were slavering on about there being too many teams in the Scottish Leagues.

Exactly, Hearts Ann Budge says there are too many teams then her right hand man Levein is part of operation Brave and wants OF teams in. I suspect in time Hearts and Hibs will be added to the discussion. 

Coupled with the cull of academies proposed which will leave these 4 as the only top academies, it is obvious this is one of the greatest and corrupt operations ever mounted and will destroy Scottish football as we know it. Remember Regan has stated there will be no vote on this by member clubs.

we should get organised to fight this as there will be no support from the mainstream media.

This will be a tricky one but the lower league clubs would have to vote in favour for this to happen as this is an SPFL matter. Money will then come into play as that will be the means of persuasion. If SPFL 1 & 2 teams don't come on board then danger is Lowland League clubs could be persuaded. Little downside for them and a big chance of increased media exposure and a slug of cash - result is they are strengthened and thus more likely to be able to get into SPFL at the expense of existing SPFL clubs who don't have this new 'subsidy'.

I see that the old firm offered to play all games away from home.

Good for them, passing on all match day expenditure onto the other clubs. Perhaps they already know that there is no appetite for colts in the lower leagues and will cost clubs money.

This idea was abandoned due to concerns about the integrity of the league [emoji23]