Your top 3 Comedians?

RedRob72

I see Jim Davidson has appeared more than once on this thread which leads me to ask, does anyone really find him funny? I mean, really? Or do they just think they're being edgy by claiming to like someone who's entire schtick revolves around "Look at me being all politically incorrect and deliberately obnoxious"?

The last time I watched him was a one off TV special, circa 1990. His entire act was a rip off of Spitting Image's political humour (impersonations of Labour MPs based on how SI were portraying them at the time) and listings of people he hoped to offend. "Right, there was this black, lesbian, midget, vegetarian..." and on and on and on...but no punchlines, no jokes, no humour...just him insulting people he didn't like. What was depressing was the next day when  people were raving about his performance as if it was cutting edge or something.

I kept asking them "But did you really think it was funny?"

23 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Saw Jerry Sadowitz at the Tivoli in Aberdeen last night.

Probably only at 60% capacity, but then there were a few other things on yesterday in the city.

Point is - the guy is ballbreakingly funny and absolutely no subject is out of bounds.

Notice he's on in Dundee, Inverness and Dunfermline over next few nights - well worth checking out, and can't believe he's still only 57 !

FFS !! ....when I saw that advertised a few months ago I was intending to go , but I clean forgot aboot it.

I see he’s on in Inverness tonight so I might go to  that. 

The website for tickets mentions 7.30pm.  Was that the same for the Tivoli ?   And if so what time roughly did the show actually start and finish ?

Thanks for any info

Edited by A96

On 18/05/2019 at 11:54, A96 said:

FFS !! ....when I saw that advertised a few months ago I was intending to go , but I clean forgot aboot it.

I see he’s on in Inverness tonight so I might go to  that. 

The website for tickets mentions 7.30pm.  Was that the same for the Tivoli ?   And if so what time roughly did the show actually start and finish ?

Thanks for any info

Did you go? Lazed out.

On 19/05/2019 at 18:19, welshbairn said:

Did you go? Lazed out.

Aye ,  made a late decision to go.  Glad I did, well worth the effort and cost.

About 90 minutes of vitriol and a few minutes of  magic tricks.

Edited by A96