Your top 3 Comedians?

RedRob72

Michael Macintyre isn't a bad comedian, he's obviously not the type of guy the miserable dry b*****ds on here would say they liked but he is quite funny he is just very safe.

John Bishop is far worse.

Michael Macintyre isn't a bad comedian in exactly the same way as Heinrich wasn't a "bad" nazi.

Both statements are entirely untrue.

ETA- John Bishop is merely to comedy what Goering was to setting up a Utopian state of Judea within the borders of Bavaria.

Michael Macintyre isn't a bad comedian in exactly the same way as Heinrich wasn't a "bad" nazi.
Both statements are entirely untrue.
ETA- John Bishop is merely to comedy what Goering was to setting up a Utopian state of Judea within the borders of Bavaria.

There are a good number of people out there who don't have an active sense of humour though, not like the general nonsense demographic on here and that is the sort of audience Macintyre goes for.

Frankie Boyle is by far my favourite though and the one I can relate to the most. Don't even think he needs to go for the shock value to be funny, and he is just a great entertainer in general and his political observations are just wonderful. I think he should do a radio phone in show on a Friday night that basically just talks and rips the piss out of the weeks events.

7 hours ago, throbber said:

I don't find Kevin Bridges particularly funny.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Michael Macintyre isn't a bad comedian, he's obviously not the type of guy the miserable dry b*****ds on here would say they liked but he is quite funny he is just very safe.

John Bishop is far worse.

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

There are a good number of people out there who don't have an active sense of humour though, not like the general nonsense demographic on here and that is the sort of audience Macintyre goes for.

Frankie Boyle is by far my favourite though and the one I can relate to the most. Don't even think he needs to go for the shock value to be funny, and he is just a great entertainer in general and his political observations are just wonderful. I think he should do a radio phone in show on a Friday night that basically just talks and rips the piss out of the weeks events.

Throbber.... You posted your choice early on in the thread  which is fairynuff.

Is it absolutely necessary for you to come on here now,  just to comment on, criticize or analyse everyone else's choice?

Billy Connolly

Caroline Aherne

Steve Coogan

Throbber.... You posted your choice early on in the thread  which is fairynuff.
Is it absolutely necessary for you to come on here now,  just to comment on, criticize or analyse everyone else's choice?

Absolutely not what I'm doing, just wanting a bit more discussion rather than a list of comedians.

6 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

To be fair, comedic value is entirely a personal view, I've got 10 mates (yes, I know) that on an individual basis I find far funnier than any comedian listed here.
But, as we are talking professional laugh merchants

Ronnie Barker

Frankie Boyle

The Irish comedian that plays the Bontempi - his name escapes me.

David O'Doherty?

No surprise that a racist is your number 1! You must have dropped your sash when you named Kevin Bridges as your third choice?

Could you post a list of acceptable and non acceptable subjects comedians should be allowed to make jokes about please- just so I know who it is acceptable to laugh and and who to shake my head and tut at.

Ok,

Jokes about the physically inflicted are acceptable, so are jokes about the mentally afflicted, jokes about the colour of someone skin are fine, as are jokes about anything that is looked at in a humerous manner- that is something that Jim Davidson is entirely innocent of, as he's never said anything in the least bit funny - ever!
But I know you only mentioned him to be controversial and stay within your stereotype.