Veganism

jamamafegan

12 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I couldn't care if pigs developed consciousness and we're slaughtered in front of their piglets. As bad a thought and feeling as that may be, it still wouldn't outweigh how good bacon tastes.

Pretty sure pigs have already developed consciousness m8.

Agree about the bacon though.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I couldn't care if pigs developed consciousness and we're slaughtered in front of their piglets.

You might not care, however I think the idea of humans being slaughtered at the hands of pigs is a truly disturbing one.

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Pretty sure pigs have already developed consciousness m8.

Agree about the bacon though.

My other half took a bit of stick on Facebook the other night for posting a photo of a bacon sandwich.

Is there anyone on here who objects to bacon (or pork) on religious grounds?

imgres.jpg

12 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

You're missing the point. How much beef did humans consume only 100 years ago? I'd say our consumption of beef has exploded in this timescale. It is readily available in supermarkets and it is the main meat of choice in most fast food joints. It's a massive money maker and huge numbers of cows are required to meet our demands. Think how much they must eat in the US alone! To nurture the cows requires a monumental amount of resources such as land, feed and water. It's not doing the planet any good IMO.

Well that's because the human population of earth has increased exponentially over the past century. If we really want to eat less animals then there needs to be less humans to feed. I presume your average vegan doesn't support a human cull of, say, 40%?

I had french toast, a fried egg, bacon and black pudding for my breakfast today.
Take that vegans.

About 11.30 I had a Matt the rashers "Famous" breakfast. Three sausages, two eggs, two rashers black and white pudding, beans mushrooms and extra liver.
Just woke up there after going straight home to bed. You won't get that eating muesli.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Well that's because the human population of earth has increased exponentially over the past century. If we really want to eat less animals then there needs to be less humans to feed. I presume your average vegan doesn't support a human cull of, say, 40%?

Well, we could start with them and the vegetarians and then see how many normal people we needed to make the %.

5 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

My other half took a bit of stick on Facebook the other night for posting a photo of a bacon sandwich.

imgres.jpg

She deserves all the abuse she gets for being one of those attention seeking losers who posts photos of their food to social media.

5 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

imgres.jpg

Your other half must be approaching Mrs throbber's waistband.

Far too simplistic. In addition to the global population increasing, each person now consumes a lot more meat than an average person did 100 years ago. That leads to the situation you see in Food Inc (worth a watch) where to feed the demand for cheap meat in the US, the industrial production of meat means animals pumped full of drugs, cows that never eat grass, chickens that never see the sky, and kids dying because the unregulated meat industry has fed them a cheap contaminated burger.

Spend more on meat that comes from animals who've experienced even a semblance of a normal life. Don't eat so much meat. Stop with the kneejerk ill-informed reactions to people who decide to follow "alternative" diets, or who point out the torture inflicted on animals just so that we can pay 3 quid for a whole fucking chicken.

Far too simplistic. In addition to the global population increasing, each person now consumes a lot more meat than an average person did 100 years ago. That leads to the situation you see in Food Inc (worth a watch) where to feed the demand for cheap meat in the US, the industrial production of meat means animals pumped full of drugs, cows that never eat grass, chickens that never see the sky, and kids dying because the unregulated meat industry has fed them a cheap contaminated burger.

Meat industry isn't unregulated you imbecile.

Growth hormones have been massively clamped down on. The other drugs given to animals are vaccines, oh the humanity.

Really don't see the problem with chickens not seeing the sky, they honestly couldn't give a f**k.

You moan at how inefficient meat is. Yet complain about the industry becoming more efficient. Can't have it all ways.

Meat industry isn't unregulated you imbecile.

Growth hormones have been massively clamped down on. The other drugs given to animals are vaccines, oh the humanity.

Really don't see the problem with chickens not seeing the sky, they honestly couldn't give a f**k.

You moan at how inefficient meat is. Yet complain about the industry becoming more efficient. Can't have it all ways.

You're right, I should have said "under-regulated", not unregulated. I never made any comment about the inefficiency of meat.

Imbecile, nice one, cheers.

1 hour ago, resk said:

Spend more on meat that comes from animals who've experienced even a semblance of a normal life. Don't eat so much meat. Stop with the kneejerk ill-informed reactions to people who decide to follow "alternative" diets, or who point out the torture inflicted on animals just so that we can pay 3 quid for a whole fucking chicken.

Shut the f**k up. Meat is magnificent. 

People are aware that if they don't like vegans or vegan people speaking about their diets/beliefs they can simply walk away or not engage with them? You know, rather than get on the usual "I hate these people because they think differently" bandwagon.

1 minute ago, Menzel said:

People are aware that if they don't like vegans or vegan people speaking about their diets/beliefs they can simply walk away or not engage with them? You know, rather than get on the usual "I hate these people because they think differently" bandwagon.

Instead of the "Why can't we just get on?" bandwagon of mealy mouthed c***s.

Archived