Veganism

jamamafegan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

My cousin had a vegan haggis at her wedding. It was ok, very spicy, I assume to give it some taste.

People can eat what they want, no skin off my nose.

Skin off the nose has a certain ring to it. Would sell well in trendy London restaurants, IMHO

On Thursday last week, my diet consisted of lots of Stella Artois, a visit to a churrascaria, followed up by a late night visit to a phillipino bar for a healthy portion of pigs trotters.
I enjoyed every bit of it, I'm also pretty sure NO precious vegetables were harmed in the process.
If Vegans are concerned about preserving the planet and their choice of food, I expect a medal & pat on the back from my tree-hugging bint of a next door neighbour.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

No problem with veganism as such, they probably have a reasonably just cause for it.

Personally, I love meat too much to indulge but that's my choice.

Pet peeve though, my wife's best friend is vegan, lives in England. She came to visit us, I bought in loads of vegan food, cooked her a vegan breakfast and took her out to a vegan restaurant for dinner, because that's what you do for guests isn't it?

We go to visit her, we get served vegan food and taken to vegan restaurants. Not happy.

That's exactly my gripe.  Vegans, and one of my daughters has just become one, become evangelistic and don't just want to tell the world about it but want to change everyone to their way of thinking.  There's no leeway given.  They won't accommodate anyone else's views.  On the other hand, I fill the fridge with food options acceptable to her and even change what I eat so she can have the same.  It isn't reciprocated.

File alongside religious bigots.

Legitimate grounds for being a vegetarian:

1. Dietary

2, Concerns about the industry of meat production

(a) on the environment

(b) on animal welfare

3. Casual coincidental preference for non-meat products

Illegitimate grounds for being a vegetarian:

Killing animals for food is morally wrong

To the former, I adopt a live and let-live attitude. To the latter I advocate force-feeding with venison.

Some people eat meat, that's fine.

Some people don't eat meat, that is also fine.

A topic that seems to get a lot of people's backs up. My wife is a vegetarian, I'm not, but the above perfectly sums up how I feel about it.

1. Dietary
(a) on the environment
(b) on animal welfare

To the former, I adopt a live and let-live attitude. To the latter I advocate force-feeding with venison.

This. Surely people aren't naive enough to think that animals are killed 'nicely.' With that in mind, they know what they're eating and how it got there, that's a decision they've made just like vegetarians and vegans are making their own decision to not eat meat products.

A topic that seems to get a lot of people's backs up. My wife is a vegetarian, I'm not, but the above perfectly sums up how I feel about it.

As above, people make their own decisions. A bit of information regarding meat production is fine by me, if it means people make a more informed decision, but targeting people and telling them their decision is the 'wrong' one is unnecessary.

My mother in law is a veggie cause she doesn't like how animals are treated before they die and has been since the 80s. I think before that she didn't eat much meat at all maybe chicken once or twice a week so it was easy for her. 

I couldnt stop eating meat though, there's nothing better than a nice steak dinner and a beer, I'd be fucked if I'm going out for tea and munching a salad or some shitey gravel like quarn substitute.  

20 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

1. Dietary

(a) on the environment

(b) on animal welfare

Vegetarian forum for that pish.   

#teamvegan 

As above, people make their own decisions. A bit of information regarding meat production is fine by me, if it means people make a more informed decision,

Issue here is alot of the information people put out is an outright lie.

You could say they aren't killed 'nicely'(they probably are killed as nicely as possible btw, a heck of alot of regulations to ensure that.) but it's not a torture chamber PETA try to make it out as either.

Thought of a new category anyway. People who won't eat certain meat as its 'too animal like' chicken nuggets are fine but a chicken wing isn't. Happy to eat Fish pie not a whole fish.

Them and fake veggies 'fish aren't really animals' are ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

It's not fine at all. Vegetarians are scum of the fucking earth. They're literally worse than the Holocaust. 

Slightly harsh IMO.

I'm a vegetarian but I would definitely rather die in a grisly car accident than give up cheese tbh.

Not sure why so many vegans are insufferable and think their diet defines them. Maybe folk would maybe be more likely to reduce their meat intake if they didn't constantly have to hear the MEAT IS MURDER patter from dafties with an undeserved sense of superiority.

3 hours ago, deej said:

Don't understand vegans. If they don't eat the eggs would the chickens just stop shiting them out?

It's harmful to a cow if you don't milk it, so what good are they doing drinking almond milk?

I guess it's to do with impacting upon their environment.  Or something. 

I don't eat meat, but I don't care if people do or don't.  I'll eat what I want, thanks. 

I have a serious fucking issue with people who raise their kids as vegans.  Up there with anti-vaxxers in terms of irresponsibility.

10 hours ago, Booker-T said:

I love burgers, cheese, lasagne, chicken and milkshakes....but i have drastically lowered my animal product consumption and may lower it again further.... already using huel as my weekday daytime 'food'.

Unfortunately (IMO) environmental issues will not be resolved by cutting the human population by lowering the birthrate, so we are all (us in the north-west quarter of the world) going to have to change our lifestyles. 

What is huel? 

Anyway, you might not live any longer but it'll seem like it.

(Someone had to say it.)

Archived