The Paddies vs The Patricks. 20/12/16.

35 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Do you remember the season Larsson broke his leg? We played Dundee Utd at home in the last game and we put out something like 8-9 of the U20's against a full strength Utd side. Larsson played something like his only game or poss 2nd game since returning from injury to try and get selected for Swedens upcoming tournament whichever one it was....& we still beat them :lol:

I take it you had already won the league and were saving  players for the cup final.

Spoiler

Oh no wait a minute this happened GW1024H1343.jpg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Do you remember the season Larsson broke his leg? We played Dundee Utd at home in the last game and we put out something like 8-9 of the U20's against a full strength Utd side. Larsson played something like his only game or poss 2nd game since returning from injury to try and get selected for Swedens upcoming tournament whichever one it was....& we still beat them :lol:

9 minutes ago, thisal said:

I take it you had already won the league and were saving  players for the cup final.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh no wait a minute this happened GW1024H1343.jpg

think that was 1999-2000 season john barnes super caley put us out the Scottish cup bad season that one,Barnes blamed larsson's leg break for his demise.

Spoiler Oh no wait a minute this happened GW1024H1343.jpg

Nothing like having to celebrate other clubs achievements against us to make up for the lack of your own.

Are you The Rangers in disguise?

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

think that was 1999-2000 season john barnes super caley put us out the Scottish cup bad season that one,Barnes blamed larsson's leg break for his demise.

In fairness to Barnes, he had a point. Before Larsson broke his leg we had played 8 league games, won 7, scored 25 and conceded 3. We were outstanding for those 2 months and after Larsson broke his leg we were absolutely terrible.

That was my first season going to Celtic without my dad taking me, went to my first ever away games at Killie (1-1) and Dundee (3-0). That season also includes the only game I've ever left the stadium before the full time whistle as we blew a 2-0 lead at home to Hearts and ended up losing 3-2.

Interestingly, looking back to that season, Thistle were languishing in the old 2nd Division. A division that included Ross County and Hamilton (who were relegated after being docked points). Amazingly, after building the new stadium they went through every tier on their way to the SPL in the space of 8 years. Clydebank also finished bottom of the old 1st Division that year winning only 1 match. Aberdeen also finished bottom of the SPL :o. Its amazing the things you forget about football after a few years. Average attendances in the SPL and 1st Division were incredible as well, might need to start a thread on the difference between then and now.

Back to tonight, can see a tight one, 2-0 Celtic. 3 points will do no matter how they come.

Borrowed a friend's season ticket for tonight - hopefully don't need to give empty applause too often, if at all...

I suspect that any players with niggles will sit out tonight - so I don't expect to see Barton or Devine based on pre-match reports. That would mean a central defensive pairing of Ziggy and Lindsay potentially which doesn't bear thinking about if Griffiths starts.

It's a free dig tonight but goal difference could be vital given how tight the league is at the minute. Friday's game is of far greater significance.

Said during the home game that Celtic games are pretty much the scenario where you have to play Azeez up front on his own as an out ball rather than Doolan getting outmuscled any time we punt it out in a blind panic, and Barton was noted as an injury doubt before the game (as was Devine). I'd have gone Erskine over Edwards but I think this is pretty much a pumping anyway regardless of who we pick.

Archived