Cowdenbeath v the Forfar Juggernaut 17.12

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

We did not deserve to lose that game however if you defend like that, we deserve to be in with the juniors.

Exactly.

Certainly didn't deserve to lose but our defence is  horrific and has been for most of the season.

Not that I normally do this but I blasted Fox at Full time at the tunnel as quite frankly I've seen enough and not prepared to hold back whilst our club stares at the Lowland League in the face 1 point behind 

Fox is wasting a wage by using a good player such as Turner as a bench warmer and would rather play someone not even cut out for this league being CJ. It has been clear since August we need a decent Centre Half but he would rather put someone who should be a striker at the back.

Fox is saying all the right things and has openly recognised the problems at the back but the signs on the park are we are a dangerous side going forward on a good day but a relegation looking side at the back most days.

It's crunch time now for everyone to step up.

Felt sorry for those that applied themselves in creating and getting the goals. We have a top goalie and find ourselves bottom conceding 6 in our last two tells you our defence needs strengthening urgently 

It's a shame for Fox but he wanted this gig and has failed thus far to live up to our expectations. Want him to do well but club comes first. Hopefully we get a good reaction against Arbroath if not we could be 4 points behind everyone 

Not a happy man tonight 

Enjoyable game for the neutral but we are in huge danger of another relegation.

We played well in parts and deserved to win in my opinion. The defence however were a shambles and how Turner sits on the bench is crazy as we are a man short in the middle. FOX is clueless and seems to be unable to recognise obvious problems. We really need to make a change now and end this unsuccessful partnership with Hearts before he takes us down.

I thought Cowden would win it after going 3 2 up but with both defences at sea most of the game the Loons stepped up to grab the win.Cowden troubled us a lot up front and should have been ahead before getting their third.Happy with the win.

Just now, big al said:

I know he scored a header but he really didn't do much else before retiring early as it was too cold for him.

As long as he keeps scoring that'll do for me.

We created maybe five chances and took four. Really cannae beat a last minute winner, Swankie cool as you like.

Still cant believe Cowden are sticking with Todorov at centre half!?

Total scenes when the winner went in! Players obviously a very tight unit.
Stunning opener for Cowdenbeath.
Good tactical changes from GB when Cowdenbeath were overrunning us in midfield in the second half.
Swanks class finishes and a lovely backheeler for Josh to get back on the goal trail. The Forfar Juggernaut is picking up speed! [emoji3]

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Davie Mc£urn getting thousands of pounds from Cowden you think he'd try a bit harder 4 goals poor show

His 20th appearance for us today triggered a contract extension clause, he now has 3 more seasons with us after this 1, each with a pay increase.

Archived