Dundee Osborne junior

Jim Murphy

• 2 years later...

The Tele's Blether with Brown had this picture of Osborne included in an item dated July 8. It had nothing to do with the item but might have been featured in the print edition. No idea when it was taken but guessing late 70's/early 80's. It is at Stobswell's ground, East End Park, which they shared.  Think I only saw them play twice, both against Stobbie. First time they wore old Dundee shirts, probably the Bobby Cox connection then next time it was sky blue shirts and dark blue shorts and one ting I remember is it was a cold, damp winter's day and an Osborned player took the full force of the old leather ball right in his non-leather ones. 

5d1f65c9b0ea97.81254145-883x564.jpg

3 hours ago, patriot1 said:
I lived in the Stobbie for many years. Where was East End Park? 

Literally just further up the road from East Craigies park. One boundary was almost onto the kingsway.
NCR amateurs were the last team regularly using the park.
Pretty sure it has still never been built on.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2013/11/16/blether-with-brown-midmill-was-often-hit-by-vandals-and-fire-raisers/

Edited by superbigal

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

Literally just further up the road from East Craigies park. One boundary was almost onto the kingsway.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2013/11/16/blether-with-brown-midmill-was-often-hit-by-vandals-and-fire-raisers/

Thanks. 

I was about to say it seemed crazy to have two grounds so close together but then there's Dens and Tannadice. 

On 15/07/2019 at 13:23, superbigal said:

Was the plan not to use it to extend the cemetery? That was the best surface in Dundee when the Cash has it, crying shame they got kicked off it. 

On 16/07/2019 at 01:57, patriot1 said:

Thanks. 

I was about to say it seemed crazy to have two grounds so close together but then there's Dens and Tannadice. 

Glenesk and Beechwood weren't too far apart either.

• 6 months later...

This is the Osborne team that won the Forfarshire Cup on Dens Park in 1968, the last time it was played for. Osbourne 4 v Downfield 1

I White. ,C Love,B  Milne J Laing, N Thain, D Daily,B  Barns

B Cooper, M Waterson, P McKenzie, C Blythe, G Giblin

Osbourne 1968

Edited by Cliffy Bee
Spelling error