If I weren't a ______ fan, I'd be a ______ fan (born/choice)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely St Johnstone as I lived in Perth when I started getting interested in football.

My old man then intervened and led me to the bright lights of Gorgie.

5 hours ago, forameus said:

Probably an English team to be honest.  Dad moved up from Leicester in late teens, so he supports them, when I was really young I liked red, so liked Man Utd.  But then I realised it was pretty stupid to support a team that I was very unlikely to see, and realised I didn't really care too much about them.  A mate of mine supported Thistle, as do his parents, so went along and realised that actually watching games in person is quite good.  Been Thistle ever since.

But had I never done that, I'd probably just be one of those "EPL is pure good" guys.  Doubt I would have ever spent the money to go down to Old Trafford or anything.  Still, beats being on either side of the Old Firm I suppose.  Think more people I knew when I was younger were Rangers than Celtic, but don't ever remember having any real interest in supporting them.

My Dad's a Leicester fan too.
He moved there when he was about 11 (I think), from Fife.  Met my Mum there.  They both moved to Inverness when they were 21.
I've still got family there, I don't give a sh1t about english football but I've probably seen Leicester City play more times than many of my Liverpool daft mates.

When I was a kid my Dad took me to Inverness Thistle games but I wasn't really into it.  It was always freezing and I had to wait outside the pub quite often, there's only so many "coke and a crisps for the boy" that one wee kid can stomach!  It was Grampian TV then, so Aberdeen seemed like the closest place to Inverness that had a big team so I had a soft spot for the Dons.  If the Premiership was a competitive league I'd still rather see the Dons win it if it wasn't Inverness.  (HA!  I know, I know!)
Dons fans used to have a soft spot for Inverness I think, as they wanted to see teams from the north do well rather than all the central belt teams, but I don't know if this is still the case, maybe some Dons can comment.

I have a liking for Hibs, it's a great away day, great stadium, their fans are good laugh and they are pretty sh*te so have never really been a threat on the pitch! :P;)

Excluding the Juniors, myself and my family on my Dads side are all Rangers fans. On my Mums side though, my Grandad and Uncle used to be season ticket holders at Brockville and they often took me and my brother to games when we were youngsters. So i've always had a soft spot for Falkirk and still do as a resident of the town.

Inverness are my 'big team' because I've spent a decent amount of time up there and absolutely love it. In fact I had an ICT kit before I had a Sons one...Make of that what you will.

I'd no doubt be a Partick Thistle/Queens Park/Clyde supporter if Sons didn't exist in this parallel universe.

I would say St Johnstone, but the reason I don't support them the now, is because they seemed very dull to me as a child, plus I liked to be different. When my dad told me about, when he used to go to accies games as a kid, I asked to go, been hooked ever since. 

So I don't know who'd I support, maybe stirling albion.

My dads Scottish from Glasgow and all his side are Celtic supporters. My mothers side is all from Ireland and follow Gaelic games and EPL teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc..

I lived in Aldershot for a while as a child, who are my English team. 

If I was going to follow any other Scottish team I wouldn't have a clue. Once you have your team thats it. For better or worse you can't  change. Even of I wanted to.

Archived