If I weren't a ______ fan, I'd be a ______ fan (born/choice)

4 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Great thread this.

Idk as my whole family are United fans, the fact I've moved to Aberdeen recently would say I would probably support Cove.

However as a kid, it would be St Johnstone as they like Dundee were considered to be the diddy club in Tayside.

Oh how times have changed

Eta. my uncle tried his best to get me wearing dayglo gear, buying strips and schoolbags etc. Even witnessed some great games at Tannadice. Was probably there more times than Muirton up until secondary school but deep down I always knew I'd be a Saint. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee or Forfar 

Whole family is from Forfar and my Dad supports Dundee

So I'm grateful he took me to Pittodrie when I was younger - it could've been worse 

Probably Hibs.

My Dad was born in and grew up in Leith supporting Hibs, only took a job in the oil industry up in Aberdeen 6 months before I was born.  He was actually at Pittodrie when my Mum went into labour with me

He took me to plenty Dons games as a youngster, my earliest memory being the relegation playoffs of the 90's and then I was hooked.

My dad was Irish and a celtic fan so I could easily have been brainwashed into supporting the green "Irish" corporation however thankfully I saw the light from a young age and it was not a path I wanted to go down.

Still wake up sometimes in a a cold sweat during the night when thinking about the terrible fate I could have been subject to.

Only reason I'm not a Rangers fan is because one of my pals dragged me to a Thistle game a few years ago and got me into football. Most of my family/friends are Rangers supporters, if I had been taken to one of their games first I probably would supported them too.

Probably an English team to be honest.  Dad moved up from Leicester in late teens, so he supports them, when I was really young I liked red, so liked Man Utd.  But then I realised it was pretty stupid to support a team that I was very unlikely to see, and realised I didn't really care too much about them.  A mate of mine supported Thistle, as do his parents, so went along and realised that actually watching games in person is quite good.  Been Thistle ever since.

But had I never done that, I'd probably just be one of those "EPL is pure good" guys.  Doubt I would have ever spent the money to go down to Old Trafford or anything.  Still, beats being on either side of the Old Firm I suppose.  Think more people I knew when I was younger were Rangers than Celtic, but don't ever remember having any real interest in supporting them.

My dad's dad was an Ayr fan but worked most Saturday's so my dad got taken to Killie by my great grandad (my grans side) as they were from Killie and that's where my dad stayed and grew up.

My mum's dad was a Celtic fan and was in Lisbon in 1967. All his kids support Celtic but funnily enough more of the grandchildren (myself included) support Killie rather than Celtic (only 2 out of 8 boys support Celtic, other 6 are Killie).

A few narrow misses there but that's life! 

Archived