If I weren't a ______ fan, I'd be a ______ fan (born/choice)

I would most likely have supported Inverness Caley Thistle, primarily owing to family reasons. I attended a handful of matches during their Pittodrie year on my Dad's mate's season ticket when he had work commitments or for whatever reason he couldn't manage along. I particularly recall one against Livingston in which, if I remember correctly, a young Robert Snodgrass came off the bench and did just about everything but manage to put the ball in the net. Nevertheless, Caley Thistle won that game 2-0. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If not for parental influence probably Rangers because that is who a lot of pals at primary were. Fortunately my father and uncle steered me in the direction of our family roots.

Geographicaly it would have been Motherwell or Clyde when in Rutherglen

Motherwell. I started following Thistle as my sister's boyfriend took me along aged around 7 or 8. His brother supported 'well, so I went along to the Scottish Cup Final and had a great day. Always get on well (no pun) with Motherwell fans, so I'd probably follow them. But I could make a case for Clydebank, Hamilton, Queen's Park and Dumbarton too.

18 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

If not for parental influence probably Rangers because that is who a lot of pals at primary were. Fortunately my father and uncle steered me in the direction of our family roots.

Geographicaly it would have been Motherwell or Clyde when in Rutherglen

In the Gazza era it seemed like my entire playground supported Rangers but none of them had ever been to Ibrox. They laughed at the Ton but still signed McInnes.

Bunch of c*nts.

30 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Ladywell Primary in Motherwell, in the 60s, was a bit of a hotbed of Well fans.  By dint of my auld man and uncle I managed to remain staunch as f**k, thankfully.

Probably Thistle.  My dad's side of the family are Celtic, although once upon a time we did have one or two Clyde supporters and on my mother's side, whilst my grandfather was a bit of a Capri-Sun, his son/my uncle is a Patrick Thistle season ticket holder.

Either Celtic or Rangers as pretty much all of my family support one of the Old Firm.

If I had to choose, it would be Aberdeen as I quite like them for some reason. I make a point of watching their European qualifiers and if I were to want any team except Hibs to win the league it would be them.

I don't have a clue. 

Before taking me to Somerset my Granda bought me a Rangers top and took me to one of their games at Rugby Park, not a clue why this happened as he doesn't like them and I was (i think) 6 .

He took my uncle to watch Kilmarnock when he was growing up. 

(He's stopped going to Ayr games as much now due to being old and mostly just watches Celtic on the telly)

Most likely one of those local types who don't go to games and support some w**k English mob. 

Thank f**k for the aul boy. 

Brighton & Hove Albion. I was born in Brighton.
In terms of Scottish clubs, it would be Dundee. My uncle supports them and I accompanied him to a few matches when I was younger. In addition to this, I detest Dundee United. It just makes sense.

Always knew you were a good c**t, TRS.

Great thread this.

Idk as my whole family are United fans, the fact I've moved to Aberdeen recently would say I would probably support Cove.

However as a kid, it would be St Johnstone as they like Dundee were considered to be the diddy club in Tayside.

Archived