If I weren't a ______ fan, I'd be a ______ fan (born/choice)

Interesting wee topic this. 

If I weren't a Hearts fan. 

Well, in the immediate I'd have been a hibs fan. My dad was a twin. His brother at one time got a Hearts strip and my dad got the Hibs one. 

Dedpite living in Leith, the other twin developed a right obsession with Hearts. So that was his team. My own dad, the other twin, didn't take up his preordained role and eventually got persuaded to go to Hearts ganes in the mid to late 60's. 

A very close shave there. Otherwise I'd have been a card carrying hibs supporter by now. 

Hadi it been down to choice. I'd have to say Dundee Utd. Loved the old Tannadice. Love the new one for an away day. And I like their colours.

In the past I've even went to DU games when Hearts aren't playing.

Over to you....

Born in V who you'd choose to support now.

ADMIN - this is perhaps in the wrong section of the forum. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was younger probably Hibs, my Dad's pal took me to a few games when I was younger and probably would've continued to had he not moved away to work. Just now, probably Dundee. Pal plays for them so could get comps for most games, and have been in the Dundee end at a few away games when Arbroath weren't playing and they've been pretty decent days out. Partick Thistle in the snow last January when Gary Harkins absolutely took the piss was brilliant.

Dads side of the family are all Dees but my mums side are all DABs so I suppose they'd be the only alternative. Through choice though, I'd go for Hibs or Arbroath. Probably Hibs. Arbroath is a shitehole.

As a 7 year old I was Celtic daft - in the middle of the Stein era - it was only when my mum's cousin started to take me to the games I saw the light.

My own step-son is the same - Celtic daft at the same age then I started to take him to Dundee games - he's now Dundee daft.

So sad to say it would probably have been Celtic.

I'd be an Alloa fan if it wasn't Falkirk. They were my local team and first game I went to was Alloa v Ayr Utd in the old second division the season I think Ayr Utd won promotion maybe 86/87? My dad was from Falkirk and made sure I supported them. When I lived in Clackmannan  I used to walk along to the recs and see Alloa if Falkirk weren't playing. or were away.and I coiuldn't be bothered travelling.

Archived