Livi v Airdrie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

Would rather a player had a bit of passion for the team and spoke their mind, obviously upset at the result and not happy with the quality of refereeing. Don't think I seen a lot in the match thread about the referee having an outstanding game. But hey we could always go back to the days where they just don't give a f*ck and just collect there money without having to even try very hard.   In actual fact  I think it is a good thing that he is banned, we don't stand much chance of winning this game anyway and will highlight to the chairman just how dire our squad depth is when you take out 1 centre back and our main striker.

While you may have a point about highlighting the lack of depth in our squad, the first part of this post is way off.  Great, so Andy got to make his point.  So what?  What did that achieve?  Andy Ryan has been excellent for us this season, but he's no use to anybody sitting in the stand with a suspension, and certainly not in one of the toughest games we'll play.  

9 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Have you guys still got Faria?

No, he was released a week or ago, and hadn't played or been in the matchday squad for ages before then.

3 hours ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

Would rather a player had a bit of passion for the team and spoke their mind

A wee bit of both for me.

There's a very fine line though between passion and rage.   Ryan's nickname is "chucky" for a reason.   

Not only did "Chucky" get a red for calling out the ref, he also almost induced an on the field brawl with his own team-mate.

IMO aggression needs to controlled.   He's only a kid at 22, hopefully he's got a strong manager or mentor who'll help him adjust his mindset.

1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

Hope springs eternal - last week was a sore one and we'll want to bounce back from it.

Livi might just be a bit too cocky - never take anything in this league as a given, especially a win.

We've tended to slip up against teams that were sitting mid table when we played them, Rovers, East Fife, Peterhead, QP, but have beaten all the other top 4 teams. I was more worried about us going into the Stranraer and Stenny games and being complacent, I don't think we'll be taking this game lightly when Airdrie are 2nd in the league. Hope not anyway.

Unusually, I'm with TBM on the question of Ryan. Swearing at the ref after the game may made Ryan feel good for a few seconds but it is stupid and has consequences for the team. Hopefully he'll learn to keep his mouth shut just as Russell has (not).

2 hours ago, waysider said:

Unusually, I'm with TBM on the question of Ryan. Swearing at the ref after the game may made Ryan feel good for a few seconds but it is stupid and has consequences for the team. Hopefully he'll learn to keep his mouth shut just as Russell has (not).

Absolutely. Equating so called passion with getting sent off is laughable. Biggest game of the season ahead and he behaves like a wee kid. Stupid 

First time today I saw the club site confirm he was red carded. This is pity as he did well against Livingston and it leaves a record on his disciplinary season so he( as has Russell) may well suffer later. Not much sympathy for him but if I had to be "reffed" by Northcroft the Red Mist might well descend. Looks a tough game on Saturday no matter who played.

41 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

First time today I saw the club site confirm he was red carded. This is pity as he did well against Livingston and it leaves a record on his disciplinary season so he( as has Russell) may well suffer later. Not much sympathy for him but if I had to be "reffed" by Northcroft the Red Mist might well descend. Looks a tough game on Saturday no matter who played.

He was raging 20 minutes in at 0-0 when we were playing well and Northcroft had made about 2 decision, that was the worrying part. Could maybe understand losing it a bit of it's a last minute penalty against you which means you lose the game, but to get that worked up at effectively nothing is idiotic. His arse dropped though when big Boateng waked over to him, maybe he's the man to keep him in check!

Reading the post some Airdrie fans are not expecting much from the game. Andy Ryan is a big miss. I am confident McIntosh will be a good replacement for Boetang. The reality is we have a strong starting 11 for today compare to past seasons. The bench is generally inexperienced compared to Livvys so we do sometimes miss expierenced player to come of the bench and help se games out. I wouldn't be so quick however to say we won't take anything from today.

44 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Love your optimism but 3-0 written all over it for me. I'll be pleasantly surprised any less than that.

I understand reasons we haven't done well against livvy. The important aspect for me is that  we stay within touching distance of livvy as we will bolster the squad in January. 

Reading the post some Airdrie fans are not expecting much from the game. Andy Ryan is a big miss. I am confident McIntosh will be a good replacement for Boetang. The reality is we have a strong starting 11 for today compare to past seasons. The bench is generally inexperienced compared to Livvys so we do sometimes miss expierenced player to come of the bench and help se games out. I wouldn't be so quick however to say we won't take anything from today.

We're not comparing to past seasons though are we. What an irrelevant point. We're comparing to this season and this team is not strong for today's game.

57 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

We're not comparing to past seasons though are we. What an irrelevant point. We're comparing to this season and this team is not strong for today's game.

I didn't say the fans were. I was  making an oppinon to back up my claims that we could get a result today.

Archived