Smoking

Cosmic Joe

I've never heard of anyone starting to smoke as an adult; it's always seemed like something you pick up behind the bike sheds at school, much like chlamydia.

I've never worked out what it's supposed to do for you, chemically - tried it once as a teenager and felt nothing. Is it like caffeine, in that it does nothing other than cause you pain when you haven't been taking enough of it?

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've never heard of anyone starting to smoke as an adult; it's always seemed like something you pick up behind the bike sheds at school, much like chlamydia.

I've never worked out what it's supposed to do for you, chemically - tried it once as a teenager and felt nothing. Is it like caffeine, in that it does nothing other than cause you pain when you haven't been taking enough of it?

I don't think it does much for you, it's just addictive. You get angsty because you need another hit and then when you get your nicotine fix the stress of needing a fix goes away. Vicious circle. 

When you see someone smoking you automatically knock a few points off what you think their IQ should be. Especially now, when they are huddled outside in the pissing rain, desperately puffing away - nobody really looks cool smoking anymore.

Thankfully never tried it and anyone that does it just looks like a tink really. I imagine it's quite an expensive habit to keep going. Some of my mates do smoke though sadly, one loves his ciggs and the rest of them all love their weed. Each to their own really.

My sister is a smoker too which is fine as long as she keeps it well away from my niece.

I've been asked to pick fags up for people before, and it always amazes me how much they cost. You hear about folk going through forty a day; not sure how you keep that up.

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Joint smoking must be one of the bigger reasons for moving on to cigarettes.

Always been the other way with people I've known. Not sure why you'd move from hash to tobacco.

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've been asked to pick fags up for people before, and it always amazes me how much they cost. You hear about folk going through forty a day; not sure how you keep that up.

Always been the other way with people I've known. Not sure why you'd move from hash to tobacco.

If you smoke a lot of joints mixed with tobacco you'll end up addicted to it.